Page 67 of 104 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1556

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Parker View Post
    Interesting. What didn't you like about Hammerhead? I actually found him quite menacing in the game.
    I don't think they spent a lot of time developing him, and the robot suit and mecha just felt completely out of sorts with his character.
    I agree somewhat with Snoop Dogg with regards to the villains in the first game. Mr. Negative was very cool but a little underdeveloped, with the dynamic between the two personalities being largely unexplored. Doc Ock was great, but I wish we had more time with him in the third act. He barley has any time on screen after going bad. The other Sinister Six members were all cool when they were there, but they could have had a little more to do (especially Vulture, who is completely shafted). Shocker was fine. Kingpin was fine. I honestly think the biggest issue was that the whole "revenge against Osborn" plot was a little flimsy after a while. Like, I get that Martin and Otto were both justifiably angry with Norman, but by the end, they had caused so much damage to the city and killed so many innocent people that I had a hard time buying into the idea that they were supposed to be sympathetic. And maybe that was the point, that revenge turned them into worse monsters than the man they hated, but I feel like the game didn't do great job of establishing how they (more Otto than Li, perhaps) were justifying the action of releasing that toxin as necessary evil.
    I think the whole point of the story is what it takes to turn good men into monsters, which is what both Otto and Li end up being by the end of the game. It becomes less about a necessary evil and more fulfilling their revenge and satisfying their ego's no matter who they have to hurt in the process.

I thought they did enough to make Li interesting. Mr. Negative isn't so much a split-personality as just an expression of his more negative and violent emotions, and he can inject that into others.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mauled View Post
    He's not completely despicable. He loves his Son and it was all done to find a cure for him. That goes with the comics as well since in that he blames Peter for what happens to Harry and kills Gwen in a retaliation killing.
    Fair enough, but considering his experiments trying to cure Harry's disease were what ended up killing Li's parents (and presumably more people that we've yet to be told about), he's still a scumbag. Wanting the best for your family doesn't justify destroying other people's families, just like Li and Otto feeling justifiably wronged by Osborn didn't justify them killing, directly or indirectly, a whole lot of innocent people, Miles's dad Jefferson and Peter's Aunt May included, to get even with him. Also, if you go by the prequel novel Hostile Takeover, Osborn's experiments to recreate Spider-Man's powers happened to unleash a spider-powered murderer who nearly ruined Spider-Man's reputation on top of all the butchery of innocent people, so that's more to the tally of lives Osborn's own disregard for anything outside his (otherwise understandable) objectives has cost.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

iMan 42s

I genuinely hate that DLC. Hammerhead's whole plot-line sucked and I never want to see it brought up in the series again. Also I still don't know how Felicia survived that explosion without a scratch but **** it I guess. We got dumb **** to get to like Hammerhead being a head on a robotic body and a tedious boss fight to get to.

Genuinely hate it. I really hope Miles isn't saddled with anything like that.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I genuinely hate that DLC. Hammerhead's whole plot-line sucked and I never want to see it brought up in the series again. Also I still don't know how Felicia survived that explosion without a scratch but **** it I guess. We got dumb **** to get to like Hammerhead being a head on a robotic body and a tedious boss fight to get to.

Genuinely hate it. I really hope Miles isn't saddled with anything like that.
    Yeah, there was some good stuff like Erica Lindbeck as Felicia and Silver Sable, but that was about it for the DLC's in my opinion.

You could have replaced Hammerhead with Silvermane and the story would have been pretty much exactly the same, although I guess his first boss fight wouldn't have involved ramming.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, there was some good stuff like Erica Lindbeck as Felicia and Silver Sable, but that was about it for the DLC's in my opinion.

You could have replaced Hammerhead with Silvermane and the story would have been pretty much exactly the same, although I guess his first boss fight wouldn't have involved ramming.
    Silvermane would have made more sense, since he was the one with the cyborg body in the comics, and wanting to restore the prestige of the Maggia would have also made more sense coming from him. Hammerhead could still be around as a rival, so that the second DLC installment could really live up to its name, "Turf Wars."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    and Silver Sable
    I didn't like the game's attempts at redeeming a fascist mercenary, so her return was less than welcome to me, especially since it turned the Maggia goons into generic armored enemies. You don't even get to genuinely defeat her when you have a boss fight against her.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Silvermane would have made more sense, since he was the one with the cyborg body in the comics, and wanting to restore the prestige of the Maggia would have also made more sense coming from him. Hammerhead could still be around as a rival, so that the second DLC installment could really live up to its name, "Turf Wars."
    Yeah, I'm baffled as to why Silvermane didn't fulfill that role. Did they cut him off from the final version of the game? We know he exists in the game's universe since some of Hammerhead's goons mention him.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    I didn't like the game's attempts at redeeming a fascist mercenary, so her return was less than welcome to me, especially since it turned the Maggia goons into generic armored enemies. You don't even get to genuinely defeat her when you have a boss fight against her.

Yeah, I'm baffled as to why Silvermane didn't fulfill that role. Did they cut him off from the final version of the game? We know he exists in the game's universe since some of Hammerhead's goons mention him.
    As Spider-Man himself said when Silver Sable first appeared in TAS, "I think I prefer these guys [Kingpin and his "Insidious" Six]. Their dishonesty is more . . . honest."

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    At least she realized the whole "fascist mercenary" thing by the end of the main story.
    Maybe they thought Hammerhead was a bigger name?

iMan 42s

I mean people know of Hammerhead but I've never met someone who considered him a big villain much less actually liked him. Like I don't think think anybody can tell you what his powers are or when he even got them without checking a wiki. Perhaps that's why they did the big dumb robot but then why wouldn't you have just chosen a better villain? Like you wouldn't have used Rose and brought back Kingpin? You wouldn't have used Sin Eater which would've made for a stronger reason Yuri snaps? What about Cletus Kassady inciting chaos in the aftermath of Devil's breath?

Like it all just seems like they wanted to hit certain beats no matter how stupid it was getting there.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I mean people know of Hammerhead but I've never met someone who considered him a big villain much less actually liked him. Like I don't think think anybody can tell you what his powers are or when he even got them without checking a wiki. Perhaps that's why they did the big dumb robot but then why wouldn't you have just chosen a better villain? Like you wouldn't have used Rose and brought back Kingpin? You wouldn't have used Sin Eater which would've made for a stronger reason Yuri snaps? What about Cletus Kassady inciting chaos in the aftermath of Devil's breath?

Like it all just seems like they wanted to hit certain beats no matter how stupid it was getting there.
    I mean, Hammerhead's gimmick is kind of obvious. He's a guy with a hammer for a head that he uses to hit people. Pretty self-explanatory.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/08...s-in-2021/amp/

It only took until the end of the console generation, but there's finally a good reason to get an XBox.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    https://blog.playstation.com/2020/08...s-in-2021/amp/

It only took until the end of the console generation, but there's finally a good reason to get an XBox.
    For the benefit of those who won't get the joke (not that there's anything wrong for that), the new Marvel's Avengers game will feature playable Spider-Man missions exclusively on PS4/PS5.

To be clear, it's confirmed that this is Crystal Dynamic's take on Spider-Man and not Isomniac's Spider-Man making a guest appearance.

I hate that they're forcing it as an exclusive even though I now own a PS4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    To be clear, it's confirmed that this is Crystal Dynamic's take on Spider-Man and not Isomniac's Spider-Man making a guest appearance.
    I would be surprised if he's not voiced by Yuri Lowenthal.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    It being a PlayStation Exclusive does make it a tell.

My guess is that it's a version that's going to be loose and broad strokes, so that you can take it or leave it as compliant with Insomniac. The fact is the PS4 game did have a lot of mentions of the Avengers and the wider MU.

The fact is that all these games are under a separate vertical called Marvel Games. And what they do is contract the license to development studios. A bit like WB Games contracting Rocksteady, WB Montreal to all make versions of Batman in the same continuity.

So technically there's nothing to argue against this being in the same universe.