Page 31 of 104 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I agree with you. Miles is meant to be a successor character, not a sidekick. Him and Peter coexisting will always be an issue due to the very nature of Miles. I would have corrected this by having Peter be the grown-up Spider-man with a family while Miles would be the kid still learning the ropes. However, clearly, those in the Marvel Office felt such an approach is to great a risk for their flagship, which I can understand. This says something about the enduring power of Peter Parker in an industry which is increasingly concerned with diversity and inclusion (rightly so I would argue). Even though Miles hits those buttons the Marvel Office has decided to stick with Peter as the youth-orientated hero.
    Maybe Miles need a new gig then? Peter Parker is always going to be the "real" Spider-Man.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    So I just finished it. As far as adaptations of Spider-Man goes movies, cartoons and otherwise, I think this is the new definitive adaptation IMHO. I just absolutely loved the portrayal of Peter Parker here and the way he handled with all the trauma thrown his way.
    100% agreed. This is easily my favorite adaptation of Spider-Man, whether from movies, cartoons, other games, or even alternate universes in the comics. Insomniac nailed it.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

They apparently recorded two different voice takes of whenever Peter is on the phone with someone, one where he's resting and the other when he's in motion.

The level of dedication in this game is astounding.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    spoilers:
    Honestly I would be fine with Miles going by Spider-Man, I can easily see them engaging in Hawkeye/Hawkeye banter. "Wait a second, I thought you said I could be Spider-Man" "No no no no, you're Spiderman, I'm Spider-man. Hear the hyphen?"
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think that works more for Hawkeyes then it would Spider-Man, but that might just be my own mixed feelings about the Clint/Kate pairing showing through.

I'm not sure if Miles would want to call himself Spider-Man considering he's a big fan of Spidey.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Maybe Miles need a new gig then? Peter Parker is always going to be the "real" Spider-Man.
    Well, Miles is as much of a "real" Spider-Man as Peter is, but Peter's always going to be the main Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They apparently recorded two different voice takes of whenever Peter is on the phone with someone, one where he's resting and the other when he's in motion.

The level of dedication in this game is astounding.

spoilers:
    I think that works more for Hawkeyes then it would Spider-Man, but that might just be my own mixed feelings about the Clint/Kate pairing showing through.

I'm not sure if Miles would want to call himself Spider-Man considering he's a big fan of Spidey.
    end of spoilers

Well, Miles is as much of a "real" Spider-Man as Peter is, but Peter's always going to be the main Spider-Man.
    spoilers:
    Maybe something that is a gag throughout the game as Miles learns the ropes before he settles on his own name at the end?
    end of spoilers

Too late to fix that. Best we could do is give a new name or make him more distinct.

Question for everyone, but:

spoilers:
    Assuming they do introduce Gwen Stacy in the sequel, does anyone else think she might be introduced as Miles's romantic interest rather than Peter's? I remember in the after-credit scene in the game Peter and Miles were talking about a girl Miles liked, so I've been wondering if that might be Gwen Stacy.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdman3000 View Post

spoilers:
    Assuming they do introduce Gwen Stacy in the sequel, does anyone else think she might be introduced as Miles's romantic interest rather than Peter's? I remember in the after-credit scene in the game Peter and Miles were talking about a girl Miles liked, so I've been wondering if that might be Gwen Stacy.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I could see that, it does seem like Gwen may end up being a semi-love interest for Miles in Into The Spider-Verse. Although I think Gwen would probably work best in a third game, because you know they'd also want to make her into Spider-Gwen, while Peter and Miles being the only two Spiders in the sequel would seem like the best approach.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdman3000 View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I thought the same thing. It would probably make more sense to connect her to Miles then the adult Peter in this universe.

They already have Felicia as his "ex" anyways.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    I could see that, it does seem like Gwen may end up being a semi-love interest for Miles in Into The Spider-Verse. Although I think Gwen would probably work best in a third game, because you know they'd also want to make her into Spider-Gwen, while Peter and Miles being the only two Spiders in the sequel would seem like the best approach.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't know if they'd make her Spider-Gwen if they end up using her.

They're already going to have to develop Miles as a new, young, Spider-Hero and he has a whole set of powers and circumstances that would make playing him different from playing Peter. I don't think the same would hold true for Gwen unless they really changed up her abilities (Gwenom, maybe)?

The only narrative reason I can see for including her as a playable character would be just to have a superpowered female playable character. The reason Intihar and co. brought in Miles was because they liked him and thought it would be integrating trying to integrate him and Peter together, but still in a way that serves Peter's story. I would imagine the same would hold true for how they would plan to incorporate Gwen Stacy.

Although when we get the Green Goblin, I think he's probably going to have to directly kill someone important to establish how dangerous he is.
    end of spoilers

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Just finished the game. That ending ... Jesus Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    I thought the same thing. It would probably make more sense to connect her to Miles then the adult Peter in this universe.

They already have Felicia as his "ex" anyways.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I don't know if they'd make her Spider-Gwen if they end up using her.

They're already going to have to develop Miles as a new, young, Spider-Hero and he has a whole set of powers and circumstances that would make playing him different from playing Peter. I don't think the same would hold true for Gwen unless they really changed up her abilities (Gwenom, maybe)?

The only narrative reason I can see for including her as a playable character would be just to have a superpowered female playable character. The reason Intihar and co. brought in Miles was because they liked him and thought it would be integrating trying to integrate him and Peter together, but still in a way that serves Peter's story. I would imagine the same would hold true for how they would plan to incorporate Gwen Stacy.

Although when we get the Green Goblin, I think he's probably going to have to directly kill someone important to establish how dangerous he is.
    end of spoilers
    I still wanna see Hydro-MJ.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Just finished the game. That ending ... Jesus Christ.
    Damn Onion Ninjas got me too.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Too late to fix that. Best we could do is give a new name or make him more distinct.
    How do you figure?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/stat...75621074669568

Marvel’s Spider-Man is setting records! It’s now the fastest-selling first-party PlayStation title, selling 3.3M+ in its first 3 days. Thanks to all the fans, and congrats to @InsomniacGames & @MarvelGames! #SpiderManPS4
    Sounds like Spider-Man hit the jackpot.

Edit: To put this in perspective...

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status...72574156062721

#SpiderManPS4 has managed to sell 3.3M copies in its first 3 days, generating a revenue of roughly $198m which is above the $117m opening weekend box office of Homecoming

This makes it the officially fastest selling PlayStation exclusive of all time

http://usatoday.com/story/tech/talki...ng/1346187002/
    https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status...73807268802561

This does NOT include sales of the limited PS4 Pro bundle

It also crushed Sony's previous pre-order record with a staggering one million pre-ordered copies; it sold faster than previous record holder God Of War which was just released a few months ago

#SpiderManPS4
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 09-20-2018 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Go Spidey Go .

Hopefully this gives Marvel/Disney more incentive to invest in video games. I know they announced "The Avengers Project" a while back but nothing seems to have come from it.

How do you figure?
    To me, the best chance would have been when he was just transitioning to the 616.