Page 42 of 104 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Weird because I assumed Silvermane was going to be involved in some way, based on all the buildup with the Sable tech, but with Mecha-Hammerhead again, and based on this they just simply "found it" so we'll have to see.
    Honestly, the whole idea of a suit of armor that prolongs the user's life just screams "Silvermane," but I guess they didn't want to just up and introduce a full-on new villain for the final DLC.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    ... what is the Aaron Aikman armor?

... the skins need to be more creative. "cyborg" I'm uninterested in. Was that from the old Erik Larsen story arc where Ock regained his adamantium tentacles?
    Yes. And beat up the Hulk with them. And led the Sinister Six in a massacre of what the comic said was a total of 143,000 people in an alternate dimension they raided for weapons, then came back to this dimension and killed at least 48 more according to the officially given tally of the dead by the end of the arc. 90s edginess for the sake of 90s edginess, though looking back at it now, I suppose it could've been a precursor to his rather genocidal turn in Ends of the Earth.

Oh, and count me in as another one who really liked Aaron Aikman's Spider-Man and would've been glad to see more of him spoilers:
    if he hadn't been killed off at the end of his intro issue.
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly, the whole idea of a suit of armor that prolongs the user's life just screams "Silvermane," but I guess they didn't want to just up and introduce a full-on new villain for the final DLC.
    Wouldn't it have made more sense to use Silvermane then? All of Hammerhead's talk of respect and the good ole days is just kind of bizarre when you consider he's probably old enough to be Peter's dad. Silvermane might've made more sense especially when you consider the aesthetic of the thugs in the DLC being more old timey contrasting with the modern day. Even explaining why the final boss would need a tech suit to fight Spider-man. There is no reason Hammerhead needs it in Turf War especially considering the bullshit of an ending. Considering Silvermane's backstory it would make sense why he would want to put on a show of force and with Kingpin out of the way it's not like he had anyone to stop him.

I'm genuinely curious if someone in the writing room confused backstories.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yes. And beat up the Hulk with them. And led the Sinister Six in a massacre of what the comic said was a total of 143,000 people in an alternate dimension they raided for weapons, then came back to this dimension and killed at least 48 more according to the officially given tally of the dead by the end of the arc. 90s edginess for the sake of 90s edginess, though looking back at it now, I suppose it could've been a precursor to his rather genocidal turn in Ends of the Earth.

Oh, and count me in as another one who really liked Aaron Aikman's Spider-Man and would've been glad to see more of him spoilers:
    if he hadn't been killed off at the end of his intro issue.
    end of spoilers
    I swear I read somewhere that the writer wanted to do more with him given the chance. If Aaron did make another appearance it's probably going to be an alternate version.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

The Heist: "Yo, these DLC suits are gonna be sick! Saving the best for last!"

Turf Wars: "Uh, uh... okay! Iron Spider! Yeah, baby! Saving the best for last! The die is about to be cast!"

Silver Lining: "..."

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Honestly the worst omission is no Superior Spider-Man and probably Future Foundation Spidey, but the latter at least has logical and likely reasons not to be included. I think the first two episodes had much stronger costumes though, even though playing as Into The Spider-Verse Peter sounds fun.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Wouldn't it have made more sense to use Silvermane then? All of Hammerhead's talk of respect and the good ole days is just kind of bizarre when you consider he's probably old enough to be Peter's dad. Silvermane might've made more sense especially when you consider the aesthetic of the thugs in the DLC being more old timey contrasting with the modern day. Even explaining why the final boss would need a tech suit to fight Spider-man. There is no reason Hammerhead needs it in Turf War especially considering the bullshit of an ending. Considering Silvermane's backstory it would make sense why he would want to put on a show of force and with Kingpin out of the way it's not like he had anyone to stop him.

I'm genuinely curious if someone in the writing room confused backstories.
    I mean, part of Hammerhead's characterization is that his persona is that of an old-school, old-fashioned, gangster so I think that tracks with his characterization.

It's the armor stuff where it starts to get a little off-base.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Honestly the worst omission is no Superior Spider-Man and probably Future Foundation Spidey, but the latter at least has logical and likely reasons not to be included. I think the first two episodes had much stronger costumes though, even though playing as Into The Spider-Verse Peter sounds fun.
    I think the Superior suit was such an obvious choice that they decided they'd rather save it for a sequel, especially depending how much of a role Ock's got in it. I hope the next game lets you wear all the Spider-Women costumes, Jessica's, Julia's, Gwen's, etc.

I think the Superior suit was such an obvious choice that they decided they'd rather save it for a sequel, especially depending how much of a role Ock's got in it. I hope the next game lets you wear all the Spider-Women costumes, Jessica's, Julia's, Gwen's, etc.
    Are you imagining Peter or Miles wearing Jessica's costume?

Hammerhead's robo suit would be cooler if he took a few minutes to spray paint it navy blue, like his suit.

Amazing Member

It's so refreshing too see a SMPS4 related thread without a war breaking out.
    Last edited by CosmicGoji; 12-13-2018 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGoji View Post
    It's so refreshing too see a SMPS4 related thread without a war raging out.
    Yeah, and without constantly bashing Insomniac for no reason. I like it too!

I think the Superior suit was such an obvious choice that they decided they'd rather save it for a sequel, especially depending how much of a role Ock's got in it.
    I still think the Superior suit is up there with the Black Suit in terms of being possibly plot relevant, which is why it's not in there.

(Also probably because other suits had the same abilities it would have).
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Hammerhead's robo suit would be cooler if he took a few minutes to spray paint it navy blue, like his suit.
    It would be in-character...

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, part of Hammerhead's characterization is that his persona is that of an old-school, old-fashioned, gangster so I think that tracks with his characterization.

It's the armor stuff where it starts to get a little off-base.
    Hammerhead used an exosceleton suit in comics,but it was rare. One was in a Byrne's Fantastic Four run,where Hammerhead aimed for the leadership of Maggia(sounds familiar,eh) and faced Human Torch,using a strength enhanching armor. The other was in a Pete Parker:Spider-Man issue, during the late stages of Clone saga, with a wounded Hammerhead used that armor to face Ben Reilly.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    Hammerhead used an exosceleton suit in comics,but it was rare. One was in a Byrne's Fantastic Four run,where Hammerhead aimed for the leadership of Maggia(sounds familiar,eh) and faced Human Torch,using a strength enhanching armor. The other was in a Pete Parker:Spider-Man issue, during the late stages of Clone saga, with a wounded Hammerhead used that armor to face Ben Reilly.
    I remember you bringing that up, but the more this develops the more it just seems like Silvermane instead of Hammerhead.