Page 102 of 104 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104 LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1556

Spider-Man's Composer on Crafting Miles Morales' Melodic Identity

https://io9.gizmodo.com/spider-mans-...dic-1845776678

Astonishing Member

This comes down to personal preference but I feel like the games would've been better if they'd stuck to a "Monster of the Week" type format. Not everything had to revolve around the final boss, and it would've allowed the other villains to appear more than being hired goons.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    This comes down to personal preference but I feel like the games would've been better if they'd stuck to a "Monster of the Week" type format. Not everything had to revolve around the final boss, and it would've allowed the other villains to appear more than being hired goons.
    That's an interesting take. Maybe make the Spider-Man games more of an open sandbox with arc installments or something like that, to incorporate villains who can be threats in their own right and with their own motivations besides serving whoever turns out to be the ultimate villain of the overarching plot.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I don’t think you’d even need to do that. Additional villains beyond the big bad and the plot could simply be treated as optional side quests that are unlocked after reaching a certain point in general story. The raft could even work as the place you go to refight certain bosses/enemies and frame it as him stopping “prison breaks” or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I don’t think you’d even need to do that. Additional villains beyond the big bad and the plot could simply be treated as optional side quests that are unlocked after reaching a certain point in general story. The raft could even work as the place you go to refight certain bosses/enemies and frame it as him stopping “prison breaks” or something.
    Yeah, that works.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I think the reason I say "MOTW" is because it force the player to encounter the villains rather then miss them behind side content. (There's always someone that will.) It also didn't feel like boss fights were spread out very well in either of the games.

What notable fights did you encounter in OG Spider-Man's Act 2? Pretty much the entire game was just set up for Act 3. The number of notable villains in Miles' game could be counted on one hand. While they were all important, it also made the rest of the game feel kind of empty. (Of course, there's more to a game than just boss fights.)

The way you describe it, makes me wonder what a Breath of the Wild Spider-Man game would be like.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I think the reason I say "MOTW" is because it force the player to encounter the villains rather then miss them behind side content. (There's always someone that will.) It also didn't feel like boss fights were spread out very well in either of the games.

What notable fights did you encounter in OG Spider-Man's Act 2? Pretty much the entire game was just set up for Act 3. The number of notable villains in Miles' game could be counted on one hand. While they were all important, it also made the rest of the game feel kind of empty. (Of course, there's more to a game than just boss fights.)

The way you describe it, makes me wonder what a Breath of the Wild Spider-Man game would be like.
    A Breath of the Wild-style Spider-Man game would be pretty awesome. A completely open-world take on Marvel's New York City where Spider-Man (Peter or Miles) could swing around for hours, checking out the sights and sounds and running into allies and enemies alike. That said, I'd be fine with a Spider-Man 2099 game down the line, too, especially if it could do better on depicting a cyberpunk setting than Cyberpunk 2077 ultimately did.

This is kind of reminding me of the Superman: Returns game.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is kind of reminding me of the Superman: Returns game.
    Really? How so?

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered coming to PC on August 12, 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post

Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered coming to PC on August 12, 2022.
    Can't wait to see Spider-Shrek mods.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Can't wait to see Spider-Shrek mods.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Ben Reily and Kaine mods.
    "Cable was right!"