Page 29 of 104 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    I wouldn't be surprised if Insomniac!Peter assumes SpOck is like his Otto and sees him as more misguided then truly evil out of his old affection for his Otto, but will then probably realize that SpOck is even worse then the Otto from his world.
    end of spoilers

How did Alfred die again ?

But yeah, the logistics of it make me question how practical it would be to make a comic out of it.
    Superman sent Zsasz to kill Alfred when he refused to reveal Batman's location. Supes had to sent somebody since Alfred kicked his ass in year one.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Superman sent Zsasz to kill Alfred when he refused to reveal Batman's location. Supes had to sent somebody since Alfred kicked his ass in year one.
    I always thought that was also a method of Superman getting even with Alfred, albeit belatedly, after that beating. He just didn't do it himself because he didn't want it going back to Damian that he was responsible, since he was manipulating Damian through Damian's need for a supportive father figure and he knew Damian still harbored affection for Alfred even if he hated Bruce's guts by that point.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I don't want to see a comic based on this version of Peter simply because I sincerely doubt Insomniac will honor it in any meaningful way. Injustice had a comic but the sequel wiped it's ass with it for the most part and continued to do it's own thing.
    If Gage writes the sequel then I can see them making some kind of connection, since he's writing Spider-Geddon including the issue 0 that kind of acts like a sequel to the game.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

So I just finished it. As far as adaptations of Spider-Man goes movies, cartoons and otherwise, I think this is the new definitive adaptation IMHO. I just absolutely loved the portrayal of Peter Parker here and the way he handled with all the trauma thrown his way.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    So I just finished it. As far as adaptations of Spider-Man goes movies, cartoons and otherwise, I think this is the new definitive adaptation IMHO. I just absolutely loved the portrayal of Peter Parker here and the way he handled with all the trauma thrown his way.
    Honestly, I think this game for my money is the strongest adaption of Spider-Man since Spectacular.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

This version of Spider-Man feels more or less what I imagined a grown up & experienced MCU Spider-Man would be like.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    This version of Spider-Man feels more or less what I imagined a grown up & experienced MCU Spider-Man would be like.
    This version is what I hope a grown-up and experienced MCU Spider-Man would be like, having finally grown out of Iron Man's shadow.

But I also think he's more like what Spectacular Spidey would've been like as an adult. Just replace Tombstone with Kingpin as the main crime boss he fought in his teen years (which might have happened had Kingpin not been off-limits when they were making the show).

I found all the secret landmarks and got the platinum trophy. I've been everything there is on the base game. Jonah continues to pump out new podcasts after the end of the story.

spoilers:
    According to Jonah, Norman resigns as mayor in disgrace. It still feels like he's getting off easy
    end of spoilers

I found all the secret landmarks and got the platinum trophy. I've been everything there is on the base game. Jonah continues to pump out new podcasts after the end of the story.

spoilers:
    According to Jonah, Norman resigns as mayor in disgrace. It still feels like he's getting off easy
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Well, there's always the next game if he becomes the Green Goblin .

He also doesn't mention Li being arrested, so I guess that means Mister Negative is still at large.
    end of spoilers

Who else thinks that the game did a better job of introducing and establishing Miles than any comic book ever did?

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Who else thinks that the game did a better job of introducing and establishing Miles than any comic book ever did?
    I don't know if I'd say that much considering the circumstances of Miles here is very different from the Ultimate books.

I will say I think this game did a much better job of integrating Miles into Peter's world compared to the comics and other adaptions. But I think the real test will be the next game for Spoiler reasons.

Although I did at times feel like he came off more like Wally West then Miles Morales.

Not me, his origin story in the Ultimate Spider-Man is one of my all-time favorite comic book tales.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

The game did do a better job than the comics integrating miles into the Spider-Man mythos. The jury is still out if Miles will break out into being his own character instead of just being support for Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Not me, his origin story in the Ultimate Spider-Mam series is one of my all-time favorite comic book tales.
    I think the problem with Miles in adaptions is that he isn't meant to be a Peter Parker supporting character.

His role in the mythos is to basically be the kid who replaces Peter as Spider-Man, which works well in an Elseworld or AU setting and as a powerful story in it's own right, but it isn't really that feasible in adaptions when Peter's the face of the franchise and probably always will be.

So I think a lot of times there's a struggle with promoting Miles as a character when he has to be a character in something where Peter is the star. Both the Ultimate Spider-Man and Marvel's Spider-Man cartoons have run into problems with this.

I think Insomniac did a pretty good job of incorporating Miles into the story, but I'm definitely interested to see if they can keep the good momentum going for the next game.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the problem with Miles in adaptions is that he isn't meant to be a Peter Parker supporting character.

His role in the mythos is to basically be the kid who replaces Peter as Spider-Man, which works well in an Elseworld or AU setting and as a powerful story in it's own right, but it isn't really that feasible in adaptions when Peter's the face of the franchise and probably always will be.....
    I agree with you. Miles is meant to be a successor character, not a sidekick. Him and Peter coexisting will always be an issue due to the very nature of Miles. I would have corrected this by having Peter be the grown-up Spider-man with a family while Miles would be the kid still learning the ropes. However, clearly, those in the Marvel Office felt such an approach is to great a risk for their flagship, which I can understand. This says something about the enduring power of Peter Parker in an industry which is increasingly concerned with diversity and inclusion (rightly so I would argue). Even though Miles hits those buttons the Marvel Office has decided to stick with Peter as the youth-orientated hero.
    Last edited by Celgress; 09-15-2018 at 10:20 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."