Page 32 of 104 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Go Spidey Go .

Hopefully this gives Marvel/Disney more incentive to invest in video games. I know they announced "The Avengers Project" a while back but nothing seems to have come from it.
    I hope this success means Marvel continues to work with publishers like Sony and stay the hell away from companies like EA.

I was hoping to hear something out of the Avengers Project in E3 but Square Enix conference didn't mention a word of it.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    To me, the best chance would have been when he was just transitioning to the 616.
    Maybe, although the that did redefine him as being "the" Spider-Man to being "other superhero also called Spider-Man," if that makes any sense.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

ExDemented

I really enjoyed playing this game. I am a HUGE spidey fan. Even the shitty Toby McGuire movies. I look at it like this... when Metallica released St. Anger, they got a lot of ****, but the true fans of Metallica held strong. But, my love for spidey was piqued in this game. It definitely inspired me to write more on my comics. And there were parts in the game where I truly felt like I COULD be Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Maybe, although the that did redefine him as being "the" Spider-Man to being "other superhero also called Spider-Man," if that makes any sense.
    Or how he's used in most adaptions, as Peter's sidekick who can't even be called Spider-Man .

Or how he's used in most adaptions, as Peter's sidekick who can't even be called Spider-Man .
    Well, having a Clint Barton/Kate Bishop-style situation would probably serve Miles the best (problem is that Peter wouldn't be suited to that, IMHO, but there is is).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Well, narratively they have to figure out how they're going to do things. But from a gameplay perspective, I'd enjoy it if they did it like a more balanced Assassin's Creed Syndicate where there are Peter missions and Miles missions, and you can play as either character for the more generic open-world stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Well, narratively they have to figure out how they're going to do things. But from a gameplay perspective, I'd enjoy it if they did it like a more balanced Assassin's Creed Syndicate where there are Peter missions and Miles missions, and you can play as either character for the more generic open-world stuff.
    I think from what Insomniac did in this game, there will likely be segments of the sequel where the story alternates between Peter and Miles at certain points, and with different styles of gameplay to suit their powers, although I expect Peter will still get the most gameplay time overall.

I think from what Insomniac did in this game, there will likely be segments of the sequel where the story alternates between Peter and Miles at certain points, and with different styles of gameplay to suit their powers, although I expect Peter will still get the most gameplay time overall.
    It's really more about being able to use Miles outside of main missions. Like to take down bases or stop crimes.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

If the symbotes in the sequel, we definitely gonna play as Miles to fight against Alien suites Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    It's really more about being able to use Miles outside of main missions. Like to take down bases or stop crimes.
    I'm curious how they'd handle side-missions. Like, could you do them as either Peter or Miles? Would there be different dialogue?

Or will Miles be limited to certain story missions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    If the symbotes in the sequel, we definitely gonna play as Miles to fight against Alien suites Peter
    Well, I'd think if they tackle the Black Suit next game that the two big shakeups in terms of gameplay would be playing with the Black Suit and it's abilities along with getting to play as Miles with his unique powerset.

I'm curious how they'd handle side-missions. Like, could you do them as either Peter or Miles? Would there be different dialogue?
    Less side missions than the generic activities. I mean, there's dialogue there, but it's not so much that recording two sets should be a big deal (especially when they already did two takes for a lot of dialogue in this one).

As I wrote above, AC already did it in Syndicate. And you can do a more streamlined version of it post-game in Arkham City, switching between Batman and Catwoman.

As someone who prefers Treyarch's Spider-Man 3 to every other Activision Spidey game (underrated game, a lot of hate geared toward it is overblown exaggeration of things common in almost every other 3D game that exists), I really appreciate the glitches in this one, cause the glitches I saw of of footage of this game remind me of the fun glitches I faced in my favorite Spidey game.

I look forward to finally playing this game, all the greatness and quirks.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

is there ever a flashback to a scene with Uncle Ben Parker at all?
    What about other traditional supporting characters: Joe Robertson, Harry Osborn, Betty Brant, Flash Thompson, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    is there ever a flashback to a scene with Uncle Ben Parker at all?
    What about other traditional supporting characters: Joe Robertson, Harry Osborn, Betty Brant, Flash Thompson, etc.?
    Uncle Ben gets mentioned, you can see pictures of him, and you can visit his grave, but that's about it.
    Joe Robertson gets mentioned a couple times by Peter and MJ, Harry Osborn appears in the game through archival audio recordings instructing Peter on various research missions, Betty Brant I think gets mentioned once, and I don't remember Flash being mentioned by name.

In terms of main supporting cast, MJ, Aunt May, Miles, and Yuri are really the only characters that get real amount of attention in the game.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Uncle Ben gets mentioned, you can see pictures of him, and you can visit his grave, but that's about it.
    Joe Robertson gets mentioned a couple times by Peter and MJ, Harry Osborn appears in the game through archival audio recordings instructing Peter on various research missions, Betty Brant I think gets mentioned once, and I don't remember Flash being mentioned by name.

In terms of main supporting cast, MJ, Aunt May, Miles, and Yuri are really the only characters that get real amount of attention in the game.
    I’m about 70% sure there was a throwaway line that name dropped Flash in one of the environment interactions (maybe around the lab?)