Page 44 of 104 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Just as long as the games don't conform to whatever happens there.

I'm not a fan of how some comic bridges and retcons worked their way into Dragon Age and Mass Effect .
    What about Injustice 2 referencing some of the events of the prequel comics to Injustice: Gods Among Us? Such as Harley Quinn in her intro dialogue against Superman talking trash about how Alfred "knocked your @$$ out!"
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    What about Injustice 2 referencing some of the events of the prequel comics to Injustice: Gods Among Us? Such as Harley Quinn in her intro dialogue against Superman talking trash about how Alfred "knocked your @$$ out!"
    Injustice 2 used board strokes when referencing the comic series. They referenced a few things but largely ignored it.

BANNED
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 12-20-2018 at 07:12 AM.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

And the whole process on Reddit will start all over again for the black suit in the sequel.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by superiorironman View Post

and the whole process on reddit will start all over again for the black suit in the sequel.
    nooooooooooooooooo

best thing about it is that its free

I wonder if they were planning this the whole time ?

we got everything except otto gamers this is not epic i'm crying

iMan 42s

Alright so seeing the suit in-game, that gave me one Hell of a flashback to playing Spider-man 3 on the 360.
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Alright, I sat in my chair for six to seven hours 100%ing this thing on Ultimate difficulty because I am very cool! Here are all the deets on SILVER LINING.

spoilers:
    -Sable's first boss fight is awesome in how surprisingly difficult it is initially due to her command grabs that punish you for being greedy with combos. They should explore this more.

-The Symkarian civil war/refugee subplot is a cool way to make it relevant to new players learning about it for the first time.

-The warehouses are a real blast this time and the David story is wholesome. If I had a heart, it would have grown three sizes.

-Screwball challenges seem much easier this time. I enjoyed Peter's thoughts on the tragedy that is poor, misguided Screwball. May her adventures continue in the joint.

-MILES AND PETER TALKING ABOUT MATH EWWWWW!

-MJ shipped off to cover war? Maybe down the road she'll use the experience to fight zombies. Or other New Yorkers if they ever do Spider-Island.

-Jonah still on the mic ranting about tonsils. I concur that puns are for wimps.

-Surprised to see Hammerhead literally remove everything except maybe his torso and his head in order to become a Decepticon. I like how he maintains an exposed head because he's just that egotistical. Silvermane's gonna have to innovate!

-Jack up the crime rates please, I don't wanna swing back and forth through districts that much...

-Thankful to see they resolved the Black Cat and her distracting rear plot and didn't leave it as a cliffhanger to be resolved in the next game.

-Not thankful that that's exactly what they did with the Yuri subplot. I wanted a Wraith boss where she gets away or something. The idea for the quest is still really cool and the Wraith colors were a nice touch.

-If they don't reuse those sewer assets for a killer Lizard level next game, then they trippin', B.

-Aikman suit is much cuter than I gave it credit for. A new favorite. Spider-Verse is a nice novelty but I'll still use the Classic Suit. Cyborg can burn.

-Epic post-credits Miles teaser has me hoping they go hard on the stealth elements with him next time.

-Sable's growing friendship with Pete is too wholesome. Cool how she actually looks like she's putting in work doing the teamups, and she definitely is at the boss by distracting the goons. The true best girl. I want to fly that jet!

-The final Hammerhead fight is pretty cool. Big damage boy. But man, he is just kinda screwed for life now, huh?

-Overall, I give it a no Superior suit out of 10, and I'd say it's the best DLC.

-My ass hurts.
    end of spoilers

Oh yeah, and spoilers:
    awesome tribute to Stan the Man in the credits!
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

spoilers:
    I enjoyed Hammerhead in Turf Wars but i didn't like cyborg Hammerhead.It's like they bored introducing Silvermane and mixed the two crime lords into one.
    end of spoilers
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Thoughts on "Silver Linings"

spoilers:

- I liked Spidey and Silver Sable's developing relationship. It felt like they re-set it for conflict at the start, but then they started to grow even more closer then they had by the end of the main game. That hi-five scene was perfect .

- They established Sable had diplomatic immunity, right? Because that's the only way I see her not getting into trouble for shooting up New York in her jet.

- The game really lost me at Mecha Hammerhead. Hammerhead just doesn't really feel like a Hammerhead once you strip away the mafia outfit or just him charging at you with his head, and this really was a Silvermane plot when you get right down to it. And was he even still alive at the end? I thought the suit was the only thing keeping him alive.

- I'm really disappointed they didn't reference the Lizard for the sewer sequence.

- I'm glad Felicia came back and we got to resolve the potline from her DLC, and that she finally paid Spidey back. I hope we get to see her again in the sequel (possibly playable). I also thought it was amusing that she saved Spidey but completely ignored her purported movie co-star Silver Sable .

- I like Peter having Miles focus on the science of being Spider-Man, emphasizing how much smarts it takes to be Spider-Man, although that does run in the face of the non-science spiders who do the job fine or Spider-Island where everyone and their mother can apparently do what Spider-Man can without any kind of training...

- I don't know how I feel about the MJ/Symkaria thing. She really just kind of threw that at Peter almost last-minute, especially with how quickly she had to leave, and they didn't really get to talk about it. But I guess he's probably done the same to her with Spidey stuff. Curious to see how this will factor into the sequel, if it does at all.

- How was Screwball able to run so quickly? I get that parkour is supposed to be her thing from the comics, but it just seemed ridiculous seeing her jet off so quickly. I guess it was the same for the Black Cat chase, but Felicia is at least a trained and experienced costumed-type and not an internet blogger.

- I used to think I wouldn't mind Screwball showing up in the sequel, but now the only way I care to see her appear is if she hosts a podcast from prison.

- Well, Yuri has gone full-on Punisher. I'm guessing Wraith will be one of the new antagonists for the sequel. And I think this is the fourth or fifth time Tara Platt has voiced someone who ends up fighting her husband's character.

- That scene with Peter and Miles at the end felt like a nice nod to Into the Spider-Verse.
    end of spoilers

iMan 42s

Just started so my final thoughts will come later but man does this try soooooo hard to get that boss fight. I kept dying merely because I couldn't stop laughing at how absurd the whole thing is. When framed this makes no sense and probably only here because they didn't do it earlier. That is.., not the way to open up, but more power to Insomniac in that they did it.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if they were planning this the whole time ?
    I'd imagine that negotiating for the rights and then designing the suit would take a notable amount of time, so they likely always had it planned, at least since the base game came out.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.