Page 101 of 104 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1556
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Since I haven't seen anyone talk about, how are his costume powers? Did they tone down the absurd cooldown they could end up having? Or does he even have costume powers?
    Speaking of costumes, one way to go about it would be to give each costume their own stats. While that could be potentially game breaking, it is still an idea to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Speaking of costumes, one way to go about it would be to give each costume their own stats. While that could be potentially game breaking, it is still an idea to consider.
    Being game breaking is whatever, PS4 Spidey was certainly not balanced with the kind of suit mods you could use, that one that increases the rate focus regenerates, the one that gives doublet gadgets when doing finishers, and the one that increases damage if your HP is above 100, or the one that gives focus when using gadgets, all of this makes Spidey into a character who can keep getting focus and instant kills, even more so one you get the skills that make him get more focus against airbone opponents, the one that allows him to use two finishers with one bar, and the one that makes him get extra focus if you time well when you press the attack button (And it's rather simple to do if you don't mash), pretty much making you never run out of focus, or gadgets, and considering how some gadgets can easily deal with mobs, you basically not running out of it means you can **** them over very, very badly.

Plus the suits themselves can be game breaking too, Classic Spidey suit just fucks over most mobs (And I'm pretty sure it can be used alongside the suit mod that increases how much focus you get by using gadgets, making him get even more), so most other suit powers are redundant since they can't compete with it in any way, and to deal with bosses you can always use Fear Itself's.

So yeah, being game breaking isn't the issue here, because this game's balance is trash, not that it hurts it much since this ain't a competitive game.

If costumes were to get different stats though, better to have the original game's mechanic of being able to use the power the suit gives and not need to use the costume, but I don't really agree with the idea of different stats much, would prefer if they actually improved the combat and make it less bland.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 11-18-2020 at 03:26 PM.

iMan 42s

Well I finished it yesterday. Basically started in the morning and plowed through the main story. I think we all know about Tinkerer at this point and it's probably the single most compelling version of the character I've seen, and yet they basically show up out of nowhere. Maybe they got more story somewhere in the side missions (I didn't play them much) but while they really worked, it didn't hit as much as Doctor Octopus did. Great showing but really not as good. I really want to have had Miles spend more time with them to hit home just how hard this is for him. I get his conflict, but as the player I'm really only seeing the end of their relationship.

Towards the ending MORE BUGS. During the second to last level an enemy screwed up my stealth run by falling on Miles via T-pose and noticed him. I genuinely wish I was recording because that's a baffling bug to have. Thankfully I didn't get that in a segment where stealth was required but that's poor on Insomniac's part. The frame rate also began limping not helped that I feel the lead-in to the final boss is just a bit too long. Miles would also occasionally not be in the cut-scene but would suddenly pop in making me wish I was recording in order to add DBZ style teleport sounds. Also during a cut-scene since the frame rate got so bad I genuinely couldn't tell if something was apart of the cinematic or if the frame rate was just that bad.

Definitely like the game though and I'll at least attempt at going for 100%. A-
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Well I finished it yesterday. Basically started in the morning and plowed through the main story. I think we all know about Tinkerer at this point and it's probably the single most compelling version of the character I've seen, and yet they basically show up out of nowhere. Maybe they got more story somewhere in the side missions (I didn't play them much) but while they really worked, it didn't hit as much as Doctor Octopus did. Great showing but really not as good. I really want to have had Miles spend more time with them to hit home just how hard this is for him. I get his conflict, but as the player I'm really only seeing the end of their relationship.
    To be honest, it's probably the first time Tinkerer's been a major character in an adaption, so that probably helps.

One of the calls from Peter post-game mentions he's doing repairs on May's house and I guess he's living in Queens again but owns May's house now. That's pretty cool, makes me think we're gonna see an expanded map in the sequel that includes Queens. We haven't been able to play in Queens only in Ultimate Spider-Man. Miles also mentions he should become a teacher cause he's good at it, Peter at first says no then says maybe, so I think he might get a job as a teacher in the sequel as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    One of the calls from Peter post-game mentions he's doing repairs on May's house and I guess he's living in Queens again but owns May's house now. That's pretty cool, makes me think we're gonna see an expanded map in the sequel that includes Queens. We haven't been able to play in Queens only in Ultimate Spider-Man. Miles also mentions he should become a teacher cause he's good at it, Peter at first says no then says maybe, so I think he might get a job as a teacher in the sequel as well.
    Maybe Gwen will end up being one of Peter's students?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest, it's probably the first time Tinkerer's been a major character in an adaption, so that probably helps.
    this is marvel ultimate alliance 2 erasure
    that game sucks btw
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    that game sucks btw
    I think it was pretty underrated, actually, if not perfect.

Like, David Kaye as Fury and Cap were great. Crispin Freeman as Iron Man? Wow.

The scene of the two sides standing up to Hill when she tries to mess everything up should've happened in the comics.

Of course it was another instance of Spidey having a bad voice in an Activision game...

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Final finished the game last night. Had a lot of fun with it. I'd say it was probably $10 too expensive, but that is kind of the consequence of Sony raising the base PS5 games price up to $70.

For what it's worth I actually preferred the pacing of this game over the original. I know people were upset that there weren't as many boss fights but honestly, the original game tried to cram too many villains in to the point where Rhino & Scorpion and Electro & Vulture literally ad their boss fights smashed together.

Prowler, much like Taskmaster in the first game, was easily the best boss of the game. Which kind of makes it a shame that Aaron wasn't the central antagonist instead of Tinkerer. I get why, Insomniac probably didn't want to ride on that again so soon after the Spider-Verse but I still felt like Miles distentigrating relationship with Aaron during that boss fight had way more weight than the final fight with Tinkerer.

It's weird though because I actually really liked the Underground in concept though. They had way more personality that the random Fisk Grunts and Silver Sable mercs in the first game.

Glad to see Ganke finally get done justice in an adaptation. Really shows how MCU Ned truly is a watered down version of Ganke lol

I think if I could have tweaked the story I probably would've ditched the Tinkerer and have Prowler as the enforcer/dragon for Roxxon. Maybe include Bombshell instead as the one trying to get revenge on Roxxon for experimenting on her in the past.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Prowler, much like Taskmaster in the first game, was easily the best boss of the game. Which kind of makes it a shame that Aaron wasn't the central antagonist instead of Tinkerer. I get why, Insomniac probably didn't want to ride on that again so soon after the Spider-Verse but I still felt like Miles distentigrating relationship with Aaron during that boss fight had way more weight than the final fight with Tinkerer.
    Although Miles never really fought Prowler in Into the Spider-Verse.

I feel like they were trying to for a mix between "user" Prowler the antagonist and the more sympathetic Prowler who genuinely cares about his family.
    Glad to see Ganke finally get done justice in an adaptation. Really shows how MCU Ned truly is a watered down version of Ganke lol
    Agreed. Although it's funny you say "watered down" when it seems like Insomniac Ganke has lost a lot of pounds compared to the comics version.

Also ironically he felt more like a "guy in the chair" in this game than he did in the MCU with how much they harped on it there. At least he wasn't the Spiders-Nest from the cartoon.
    I think if I could have tweaked the story I probably would've ditched the Tinkerer and have Prowler as the enforcer/dragon for Roxxon. Maybe include Bombshell instead as the one trying to get revenge on Roxxon for experimenting on her in the past.
    Tinkerer's whole "purple + longcoat" look reminded me of Bombshell.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    that game sucks btw
    Of all the Ultimate Alliance games, and I include the X-Men Legends games in this, UA2 is the only one where the gameplay doesn't suck, can't understand why so many people don't appreciate that lol.

I think it was pretty underrated, actually, if not perfect.
    Perfect is pushing it man lol.

Like, David Kaye as Fury and Cap were great. Crispin Freeman as Iron Man? Wow.
    Nick Fury had easily the best voice actor in the game

Of course it was another instance of Spidey having a bad voice in an Activision game...
    I think his voice was fine there, Thor on the other hand...

Although Miles never really fought Prowler in Into the Spider-Verse.
    Huh, yeah, the closest thing to fighting there was him attacking Prowler a bit when he got too close, but then he kept running away.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Of all the Ultimate Alliance games, and I include the X-Men Legends games in this, UA2 is the only one where the gameplay doesn't suck, can't understand why so many people don't appreciate that lol.
    And the Iron Man and Cap combo move got referenced in the first Avengers game.
    I think his voice was fine there, Thor on the other hand...
    I love Jim Cummings, but yeah...

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Also had a lot of fun with Photo mode. Miles's variety of tricks makes it fun to experiment with.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post

Also had a lot of fun with Photo mode. Miles's variety of tricks makes it fun to experiment with.
    That's amazing .