Page 20 of 104 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    That's really weird, simply because it doesn't make sense as part of Sable's character. She's not even American. Alisha though, is someone who can work with Peter at the college then... SURPRISE!

I think part of the reason Alisha was not used in the comics is because of the college angle. IE the writers have no reason to use her if Peter's not in college.
    Honestly, at this point, Silver Sable needs a re-invention; her being a Nazi hunter no longer makes sense, given that the sliding timescale means that she's too young to have been one.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Honestly, at this point, Silver Sable needs a re-invention; her being a Nazi hunter no longer makes sense, given that the sliding timescale means that she's too young to have been one.
    She's usually just emphasized as a foreign mercenary instead of being a Nazi hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I foresee people having a lot of fun with this mode .
    Gotta remake as many comic covers as I can.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    When she appeared in the 90s animated series' fifth and final season, she described herself to Spider-Man as someone who hunted down war criminals for a living, and this after passing herself off as an amoral mercenary who'd do anything for the right price. Of course, since it tied into a larger arc concerning the legacies of Captain America and the Red Skull, as well as Peter's dead parents' involvement in espionage that got them (and later Peter) tangled up in that affair . . .

Still, Marvel could just say that her father was the Nazi hunter and she took up where he left off, expanding it to war criminals in general as opposed to just Nazis.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    When she appeared in the 90s animated series' fifth and final season, she described herself to Spider-Man as someone who hunted down war criminals for a living, and this after passing herself off as an amoral mercenary who'd do anything for the right price. Of course, since it tied into a larger arc concerning the legacies of Captain America and the Red Skull, as well as Peter's dead parents' involvement in espionage that got them (and later Peter) tangled up in that affair . . .

Still, Marvel could just say that her father was the Nazi hunter and she took up where he left off, expanding it to war criminals in general as opposed to just Nazis.
    Yeah she gets used mostly to be the token foreigner. She even comes from a fictional country(Symkaria) so they don't need to worry about imitating the customs of a real country.

The current version of her in the comics has it that she never actually hunted first generation Nazis. She's not even the original leader of the Wild Pack. More of neo-Nazis like HYDRA and HYDRA wannabes. She isn't young though. The merc angle comes in because Nazi-hunter apparently isn't a full-time job. Also, in the comics, she often pretends to be more ruthless than she really is, probably as a way of intimidating people.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah she gets used mostly to be the token foreigner. She even comes from a fictional country(Symkaria) so they don't need to worry about imitating the customs of a real country.

The current version of her in the comics has it that she never actually hunted first generation Nazis. She's not even the original leader of the Wild Pack. More of neo-Nazis like HYDRA and HYDRA wannabes. She isn't young though. The merc angle comes in because Nazi-hunter apparently isn't a full-time job. Also, in the comics, she often pretends to be more ruthless than she really is, probably as a way of intimidating people.
    Point taken. She could be using her mercenary jobs to be hunting other, non-Nazi war criminals, since in real life there's no shortage of them still in the wind.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Finally started reading Hardpoint, pretty good setup for the game so far. Plus saw more open world gameplay on reddit, this game looks stunning. Thursday night can't get here soon enough.

Amazing Member

Black cat dlc her suit looks okay, safe her voice sounds good though
    https://youtu.be/L4MTPRu9Pr0

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

They covered up Felicia. Booooooo
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 09-03-2018 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGoji View Post
    Erica Lindbeck sounds pretty good as Felicia, and it looks like a fun DLC story as she takes Spidey on a chase .
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    This covered up Felicia. Booooooo
    I mean, I wasn't expecting them to have her cleavage hanging out, though the outfit still looks extremely skintight, so it's not like they're completely trying to downplay Black Cat's sexiness.

I do think it looks a little too busy though, with all those random white lines. It actually reminds me of Futaba Sakura's Phantom Thief outfit.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Curious to see what the plot of the other two storylines will be. December's Silver Lining suggests more material with Silver Sable and her forces, but Turf Wars interests me in whether they'll stick with Kingpin and Mister Negative or have another gang type introduced. I would love to see Insomniac's take on a character like Hammerhead for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Curious to see what the plot of the other two storylines will be. December's Silver Lining suggests more material with Silver Sable and her forces, but Turf Wars interests me in whether they'll stick with Kingpin and Mister Negative or have another gang type introduced. I would love to see Insomniac's take on a character like Hammerhead for example.
    I'd be surprised if Turf Wars doesn't introduce at least one new gang villain.

I've got some things to say:

1) I LOVE Black Cat's design. And the trailer music was beautiful (I can't wait for the score to be released!)

2) For everyone saying that it's cut content and that it's frustrating to pay for DLC, I feel that that's not really fair to Insomniac. Yes, they could have waited, l give you that. But that's okay, because no matter what, they will still provide a great experience. I can trust in that.

I feel like nowadays, the insight into the creative and exec decisions that go into entertainment have helped and hurt the industry. Consumers now have way too much input into the final product and the process, which gives them too much room to criticize and scrutinize the end product. As for this game, we've known about the development for two years, and that's beautiful. But it also means that certain things, like DLC and the Deluxe content, are being judged far more harshly than I think is needed.

All in all, I'm trying to say that I'm excited for this game and I won't let others kill my joy.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    I've got some things to say:

1) I LOVE Black Cat's design. And the trailer music was beautiful (I can't wait for the score to be released!)

2) For everyone saying that it's cut content and that it's frustrating to pay for DLC, I feel that that's not really fair to Insomniac. Yes, they could have waited, l give you that. But that's okay, because no matter what, they will still provide a great experience. I can trust in that.

I feel like nowadays, the insight into the creative and exec decisions that go into entertainment have helped and hurt the industry. Consumers now have way too much input into the final product and the process, which gives them too much room to criticize and scrutinize the end product. As for this game, we've known about the development for two years, and that's beautiful. But it also means that certain things, like DLC and the Deluxe content, are being judged far more harshly than I think is needed.

All in all, I'm trying to say that I'm excited for this game and I won't let others kill my joy.
    They must have been planning the Black Cat DLC early on since there are apparently references to her in the base game.