Page 23 of 104 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Wow. The new resilient suit looks so good. I guess it's visually my favorite or 2nd favorite; losing, maybe, to the velocity suit.

BANNED

This game...this story is what OMD should have been...No deal with the DEVIL, but an epic tale like this.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

You guys are a lot further in the story than I am. I been too busy doing side quests, finding Easter eggs and getting collectibles.

I'm little bothered how this game paints Fisk as this Peter's archnemesis. Fisk is a Daredevil to me. Also the fact that Hell's Kitchen is a district in the game and there's no trace of Daredevil leaves a sour taste.

On the plus I'm enjoying all the references to all Spidey's obscure stuff. One of Fisk's thugs mentioned dealing with the Maggia and JJ referenced swarm in his podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm little bothered how this game paints Fisk as this Peter's archnemesis. Fisk is a Daredevil to me. Also the fact that Hell's Kitchen is a district in the game and there's no trace of Daredevil leaves a sour taste.
    As a fan of the 90's Spider-Man cartoon, it's hard for me to dissasociate Kingpin as a major Spidey rogue .

Although there are some nods to DD in the game .

There's a lot about the game world's backstory that I am really curious about.

You guys are a lot further in the story than I am. I been too busy doing side quests, finding Easter eggs and getting collectibles.

On the plus I'm enjoying all the references to all Spidey's obscure stuff. One of Fisk's thugs mentioned dealing with the Maggia and JJ referenced swarm in his podcast.
    Daredevil exists: he's just not in the game and is only mentioned like everyone else.

Also: Fisk being Peter's archnemesis makes sense given the placement of the story and the other villains. You'll see once you finish the story!

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    This game...this story is what OMD should have been...No deal with the DEVIL, but an epic tale like this.
    I can't say I disagree. The game developers certainly did a good job, at least IMHO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Daredevil exists: he's just not in the game and is only mentioned like everyone else.
    I didn't need him to be in the game. I would have been happy with any kind of reference. I was pretty damn piss to know that his law office isn't a landmark in Hell's Kitchen while Jessica Jones office is.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I didn't need him to be in the game. I would have been happy with any kind of reference. I was pretty damn piss to know that his law office isn't a landmark in Hell's Kitchen while Jessica Jones office is.
    He does get several references. In one of the backpacks scattered around the city, Peter finds a business card for his law firm and quips that the blind lawyer gave it to him should Spider-Man ever get in legal trouble. I'm pretty sure the gym he trained at in Hell's Kitchen is also one of the landmarks.

There's also a second set of photos you have to take and one of them is his Office.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Well, I can't help you there. There were plenty of street level heroes referenced. Alias Investigations, Rand Corporation, Fogwell's Gym, and Nelson & Murdock as. Secret landmark location. I mean, what more do you want short of him swinging by and helping Peter take down Kingpin?

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    He does get several references. In one of the backpacks scattered around the city, Peter finds a business card for his law firm and quips that the blind lawyer gave it to him should Spider-Man ever get in legal trouble. I'm pretty sure the gym he trained at in Hell's Kitchen is also one of the landmarks.

There's also a second set of photos you have to take and one of them is his Office.
    I found the business card recently. That was awesome.

Well, I can't help you there. There were plenty of street level heroes referenced. Alias Investigations, Rand Corporation, Fogwell's Gym, and Nelson & Murdock as. Secret landmark location. I mean, what more do you want short of him swinging by and helping Peter take down Kingpin?
    Your saying the law office is a landmark? I completed the Hell Kitchen landmarks and it wasn't one of them. Do have I to progress the story further to get it?

I found the business card recently. That was awesome.

Your saying the law office is a landmark? I completed the Hell Kitchen landmarks and it wasn't one of them. Do have I to progress the story further to get it?

There's going to be another set of "secret" landmarks later in the game you'll also have to take.

BANNED

Well Fisk kind of did started out as one of Spider-man's foes to the mob so you would think they would try to pay proper respect to its source material. Besides when was the last time we saw Spidey and Kingpin fighting while the Kingpin is under arrest ?

I think the idea too is this is a setting where Green Goblin, Doc Ock, and Venom have all never become villains, so by process of elimination that does kind of leave the Kingpin as the defacto "Big Bad." That's kind of how it was in the Ultimate comics as well when Norman was incapacitated.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Fun revelation about Tiberius Stone: he seems to be Muslim. One of the Black Cat missions has Spider-Man track down preparations for a heist at what is clearly the 96th Street Mosque on the Upper East Side, but Spider-Man refers to it as "Ty Stone's place."

I gues the dialogue could just be randomized and not tied to any particular stakeout over the other, but I found it to be pretty funny
    Last edited by responsarbre; 09-09-2018 at 10:59 AM.