Page 25 of 104 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    One thing that will definitely set this Spider-Man apart from the others...he actually let Aunt May die for the greater good. No deal with the devil this time around. Kind of a shame though, I liked this version of May. She's also probably the best utilized Aunt May has been in an adaption in a while.
    end of spoilers
    (I quoted a major spoiler about the game's ending.)

This is the thing I really want to talk about. And I think will get a lot of really interesting discussions about. But maybe we should wait a while until more people actually beat the game so it isn't wall to wall spoiler text.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    (I quoted a major spoiler about the game's ending.)

This is the thing I really want to talk about. And I think will get a lot of really interesting discussions about. But maybe we should wait a while until more people actually beat the game so it isn't wall to wall spoiler text.
    I agree with you, best to wait awhile.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I agree with you, best to wait awhile.
    Yeah. I don't even think we should use this thread to discuss it. We should have a dedicated spoiler thread (with unmarked spoilers) for the game so we can really dig into it.

But, as I said, might be best to wait awhile before we do that.

This game is great. Its basically the spider man version of Arkham city. (though they are not quite the same). I really like how they capture spiderman own combat style. You can tell hes superhuman with his reflexes, speed, and acrobatics. I'd say the games are of similar length as well. Arkham city didn't have that long of a main story either. Its not short but not long like an RPG.

And yes, there will be a ton to discuss with this version of spiderman.
    Last edited by Wissenschaft; 09-10-2018 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    I'm surprised we never got a Silver Sable boss fight, especially when we kept seeing her manhandle Spidey throughout the game. Maybe that's being saved for the "Silver Linings" DLC? Although she came around to Spidey by the end of the game.
    end of spoilers
    In the comics she's not really super or a villain, so yeah, I'm kinda curious where this is going.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Getting the master level on the challenge side missions make want to punch a wall.

I LOVE THIS GAME!!!! Now why couldn't this Peter Parker/Spider-Man be in the MCU is beyond me. This is what I have been wanting for a while now. Spider-Man, not Iron-Kid light.

How can Alchemax and Oscorp exist at the same time? Immersion ruined!

(Game's great)

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    I LOVE THIS GAME!!!! Now why couldn't this Peter Parker/Spider-Man be in the MCU is beyond me. This is what I have been wanting for a while now. Spider-Man, not Iron-Kid light.
    that reminds me... what ability does the Iron-Spider suit give you?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    that reminds me... what ability does the Iron-Spider suit give you?
    You get to use the 4 metal legs to basically rag doll anybody within reach for 60 seconds (I believe). It’s lots of fun.

with all the costumes being spoiled by various websites, I wonder will new costumes be invented for download in the near future.

iMan 42s

Well I did 100% the Taskmaster challenges. I don't know about anybody else but I got my butt kicked the first time with Taskmaster and then the second time there was enough of a delay before the fight started I actually thought I could just walk away. I was wrong. But that was all considering an easy fight since he fights similarly to the sword wielding enemies.

Hated the drone challenges though.

Game is almost completely finished on my end with even the secret photo ops (why that unlocks ESU Peter Parker/spider-man mask I will never know). But I feel like this is coming just short. It's pretty much the single best Spider-man game ever made and I'm being genuinely serious about that, but there is enough weird narrative and game-play choices here that keeps it from being perfect. But then again I havn't finished it yet so maybe it really kicks into gear at the end. Y'know, just that I'm actually at the end so why haven't I seen it?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    with all the costumes being spoiled by various websites, I wonder will new costumes be invented for download in the near future.
    We know one of the costumes for the upcoming DLC chapter will be another original suit. And for the life of me I can't find the image now, but it's kind of the Spider-man equivalent of the second Superior Spider-man suit (broadly speaking).

It's predominantly blue with white webbing instead of black. Also unlike Superior it does have the red boots and gloves. Not sure if its eyes are expressive like the others though,
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Well I did 100% the Taskmaster challenges. I don't know about anybody else but I got my butt kicked the first time with Taskmaster and then the second time there was enough of a delay before the fight started I actually thought I could just walk away. I was wrong. But that was all considering an easy fight since he fights similarly to the sword wielding enemies.

Hated the drone challenges though.

Game is almost completely finished on my end with even the secret photo ops (why that unlocks ESU Peter Parker/spider-man mask I will never know). But I feel like this is coming just short. It's pretty much the single best Spider-man game ever made and I'm being genuinely serious about that, but there is enough weird narrative and game-play choices here that keeps it from being perfect. But then again I havn't finished it yet so maybe it really kicks into gear at the end. Y'know, just that I'm actually at the end so why haven't I seen it?
    The drones and the bomb disposals were the easiest for me. The web zip and jump launch game got to be on point to shred the drones. It was combat that would screw me over. It took me a long time to figure out how to get master level scores on it.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Does the deluxe edition come with the Iron Spider, Spider-Punk, and Velocity suits?