Page 3 of 104 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGoji View Post
    These gifs though..

Looks like a lot of fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kind of reminds me of how they had Drake Bell voice Spider-Punk in the second Spider-Verse storyline .
    Exactly, Frontier. Can't wait to see what other dlc costumes Insomniac has in store for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    well, at least it's finally coming out. I don't own a PS4, haven't owned any next-gen system in some time. I wonder will this be worth picking up? Oh well...
    I would say if you ever played games like Batman Arkham series and enjoy it, then yes, definitely!!!
    Last edited by Sodam Yat; 04-08-2018 at 07:51 PM.

iMan 42s

So from my exploration of the internet (I just stumbled on it) apparently Spider-man Noir is an unlockable costume. I Loved the comic so I'm all in for that. I'm not leaving a link cause you can find it quickly on google.

Part of me hopes we will get Captain Universe but if things are going to be current I wouldn't be surprised if the MCU costumes show up.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Gadgets, costumes, and sidequests.

Gadgets
    Arguably, Insomniac’s biggest franchise is the Ratchet and Clank series, which found huge success in integrating a variety of gadgets and weapons. The studio has proven its ability to create interesting gadgets many times over, and Peter Parker is an inventor who loves to create gadgets. “It’s a perfect marriage,” says creative director Bryan Intihar, while eagerly pointing out that Spider-Man will have a gadget wheel, just like the Lombax. During our time in the studio, Insomniac highlighted three gadgets Spider-Man uses in combat and confirmed they are all upgradeable.

Tripwire
    This particular gadget was shown at E3, but we got a chance to play with it to see just how versatile it is. In stealth scenarios, Spider-Man can place a tripwire on a wall and when an enemy walks by it, it shoots out a web to pull the enemy toward the wall and wraps him up. In combat, you can use it as outlined, or you can attach it to an enemy so that when they walk by another enemy, the two slam together.

Another use we saw for it was something the player doesn't actively engage with, but serves as an important character facet of Spider-Man. If you’re fighting someone on a roof and you knock them off, you will see the tripwire activate to attach the plummeting bad guy to wall. Spider-Man doesn’t kill, after all. This use of the trip bomb automatically happens and won't deplete your supply.

Web Bomb
    In combat, Spider-Man can toss out a Web Bomb, which, once it hits the ground, elevates, and explodes, sending out webs in every direction. Intihar recommends it as a crowd-control gadget. It webs up enemies standing near the bomb, stopping them in place for Spider-Man to grab them and swing them around his head, or just punch them while they’re locked in place. Intihar says upgrading the Web Bomb will make the webs hold for longer.

Spider-Drone
    The Spider-Drone is – spoiler alert – a drone. Spider-Man can throw it up in the air, and it will float above enemies, firing out webs like a machine gun. It can web enemies up, or just be used as a distraction. Sony confirmed that the Spider-Drone will be included as a pre-order bonus for the game.
    Suits
    Intihar says one of the questions Insomniac was asked about the most (prior to our cover reveal) was whether or not Spider-Man would be able to wear different suits. “We want players to be the Spider-Man they want to be,” Intihar says. When walking us through the suits, Intihar showed us an image with 24 indiscernible silhouettes representing different potential unlockable suits, but he cut me off when I wrote down the number 24. “That’s not the right count so don’t worry about that,” Intihar says, “There are a lot of them.” The suits will be inspired by the comics, the movies, and some have been made exclusively for the game. The suits each have specific abilities, and the abilities can be swapped to different suits in case you like the look of one, but the abilities of another. One suit ability example offered was quad-damage, which Spider-Man can turn on for a brief time to do four times the normal damage. During our time with the game we saw four suits.

Classic suit
    You start the start the game with this. It has the familiar black spider logo and old-school boots. It's power is quad-damage.

Advanced suit
    This is the suit Insomniac designed, and the one you have seen in all of the game’s marketing. You will craft the suit at some point and its design is more than just a visual way to separate Spider-Man’s video game look from his past looks. “There is a definitely a narrative reason for why this white spider comes to be,” says Intihar.

Noir suit
    We don’t know much about this suit’s abilities, but it’s a classic from the comics.

Spider-Punk suit
    Spider-Punk is the strangest suit we saw. Its roots are in the comics, and while wearing it, Spider-Man can also pull out a guitar and strike a chord to to create a blast radius around him. “We want to give players a pretty big arsenal to take enemies down how they want to,” says Intihar.
    Sidequests
    Insomniac and Marvel both care deeply about the story it has crafted for Spider-Man, but this is an open-world game, so there has to be more to do than just mainline quests to complete. We got a taste of a few of the optional sidequests Spider-Man can complete during the game.

General crime
    As you web-swing around the city, you stop all kinds of crime. We stopped a store robbery, interrupted a car chase, and Intihar says Spider-Man also busts up drug deals in alleys and encounters situations where Mr. Negative’s Inner Demons gang is caught up in a shoot-out with the NYPD.

These general crimes will also change, shift, and combine as you make your way through the game. We saw this in action when the second robbery we stopped evolved into a car chase when some of the bad guys got away.

Black Cat Stakeouts
    We came across one side mission from Felicia “Black Cat” Hardy challenging us to find a lucky cat she had hidden in the environment. It was implied that Black Cat is working on something big, and completing her missions will unravel her story.

Taskmaster Missions
    Taskmaster is a Spider-Man villain with the ability to copy others’ abilities just by watching them do it. In Insomniac’s game, he has left a number of communication devices around the city with missions for Spider-Man to complete. The one we found tasked us with finding a ticking bomb, throwing the bomb into the air, and then firing off a series of webs at the bomb in order to mute its explosion. The more webs we shot at the bomb before it exploded, the more points we got for our mission rating. While completing these missions, Taskmaster will apparently be watching you from the shadows.

Oscorp Research Stations
    Harry Osbourne is in Europe during Spider-Man, but before leaving, he asks his very smart friend Peter Parker (who he doesn’t know is Spider-Man) to do him a favor and check in on a series of mobile research stations littered around the city. The one we investigated was looking into pollution in the city, and in order to complete the experiment, we had to swing through a series of pollution clouds in a certain amount of time in order to collect samples. These mission we completed was basically a speed-trial, but with a story conceit revolving around Peter and Harry’s relationship.

Fisk Bases
    Wilson “Kingpin” Fisk is arrested in the game’s opening mission, but his business is still going strong. Throughout the world, you will find Fisk bases full of bad guys trying to keep their boss’ business alive while he is behind bars. These will function as combat challenges. The one we did took place on a roof.

Peter’s Old Backpacks
    Along with the assorted missions you can complete, you also find Peter’s old backpacks all over the city. These backpacks will offer insight into Peter and Spider-Man’s backstory leading up this point in his life. The one we found offered some details about the first web-shooters Peter ever made. Insomniac is recording dialogue to accompany each backpack so Spider-Man can tell you a little about what’s inside each one.

Intihar said that this does not cover all the sidequests and distractions available in the city and promises players will encounter more in the final game. For more on Spider-Man, click the banner blow to read our gameplay impressions, watch interviews, and learn a whole lot more about the game.

"Spider-Drone
    The Spider-Drone is – spoiler alert – a drone. Spider-Man can throw it up in the air, and it will float above enemies, firing out webs like a machine gun. It can web enemies up, or just be used as a distraction. Sony confirmed that the Spider-Drone will be included as a pre-order bonus for the game."

Man, this is one of those shits that is either **** or broken lol.

"The suits each have specific abilities, and the abilities can be swapped to different suits in case you like the look of one, but the abilities of another. "

YES! Wonder if that means I can play without any special abilities on a suit, sometimes I like some handicapping.

"Advanced suit
    This is the suit Insomniac designed, and the one you have seen in all of the game’s marketing. You will craft the suit at some point and its design is more than just a visual way to separate Spider-Man’s video game look from his past looks. “There is a definitely a narrative reason for why this white spider comes to be,” says Intihar."

Wonder if it can only be crafted at the end of the game lol.

"Black Cat Stakeouts
    We came across one side mission from Felicia “Black Cat” Hardy challenging us to find a lucky cat she had hidden in the environment. It was implied that Black Cat is working on something big, and completing her missions will unravel her story."

Maybe her plans are getting that bath tub from ASM#650

"Taskmaster is a Spider-Man villain"

Uhh...

"Harry Osbourne"

I can never understand how those mistakes happen, was Osborn ever written like that in the comics?

"Peter’s Old Backpacks
    Along with the assorted missions you can complete, you also find Peter’s old backpacks all over the city. These backpacks will offer insight into Peter and Spider-Man’s backstory leading up this point in his life. The one we found offered some details about the first web-shooters Peter ever made. Insomniac is recording dialogue to accompany each backpack so Spider-Man can tell you a little about what’s inside each one."

Sounds cool and all, but why are other versions of Spidey becoming so sloppy with their secret identities? Geez lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    "Taskmaster is a Spider-Man villain"

Uhh...
    I had the exact same thought, although maybe the person who wrote this is working under the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon using Taskmaster as a recurring villain ?
    Sounds cool and all, but why are other versions of Spidey becoming so sloppy with their secret identities? Geez lol.
    Still better at keeping a secret identity then CW Barry Allen.

Well, um, ah, I'll see myself out now
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I had the exact same thought, although maybe the person who wrote this is working under the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon using Taskmaster as a recurring villain ?
    Yeah, now that I think of it, it's fair enough to assume Taskmaster is a Spider-Man villain because of the Ultimate cartoon, not everyone is a comic nerd, or at least know how being a certain hero's villain works.

Still better at keeping a secret identity then CW Barry Allen.
    I don't know how bad that is, is it as bad as Ultimate Peter? Worse than him? 'Cause there was that one time he blurted his secret identity to the X-Men, and I remember at least one time he was web slinging without even his mask, it was after getting a call about Gwen being killed, but still...

I don't know how bad that is, is it as bad as Ultimate Peter? Worse than him? 'Cause there was that one time he blurted his secret identity to the X-Men, and I remember at least one time he was web slinging without even his mask, it was after getting a call about Gwen being killed, but still...
    I mean, Arrowverse Flash will take any small provocation to take his mask off in front of someone .

The new game isn't beholden to the MCU continuity is it? They can use any villains they want? Any supporting characters? I hope so.

I wonder what all gadgets and stunts will be available for Spider-Man.

The preview had a lot of cool sequences, but I wonder how much of the game is scripted to prod you along and how much can you linger and do some cool side missions?

I mean, Arrowverse Flash will take any small provocation to take his mask off in front of someone .
    Man, I hate it when super heroes do that, only really "justified" if it's against a villain who already knows who they are in place with no one else around.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    The new game isn't beholden to the MCU continuity is it? They can use any villains they want? Any supporting characters? I hope so.
    Well, Spidey is 23 years old in this game, and has been Spider-Man since he was 15, so he's experienced (Nothing new to Spidey games, he's mostly like that) and will be dealing with Mr Negative, Fisk, Shocker and Taskmaster (Or at least, his missions), among others probably, so it doesn't look like MCU is going to be a problem.

I wonder what all gadgets and stunts will be available for Spider-Man.

The preview had a lot of cool sequences, but I wonder how much of the game is scripted to prod you along and how much can you linger and do some cool side missions?
    Frontier posted some info above which answers some of those questions, post #34.

Well, Spidey is 23 years old in this game, and has been Spider-Man since he was 15, so he's experienced (Nothing new to Spidey games, he's mostly like that) and will be dealing with Mr Negative, Fisk, Shocker and Taskmaster (Or at least, his missions), among others probably, so it doesn't look like MCU is going to be a problem.
    Not to mention Mary Jane and Harry are in it, and Aunt May is not Marisa Tomei .

Not to mention Mary Jane and Harry are in it, and Aunt May is not Marisa Tomei .
    Did they show Aunt May for you to be sure of that?

Fantastic Member

It wouldn't surprise me if that were the case. Because a lot of people that don't read comics tend to base what they off of whatever introduced them to a particular character. For example, when naming off Batman villains, people tend to lump Solomon Grundy among them. Which is most likely because the first time they saw him was in Batman Arkham City.

iMan 42s

Granted I know he showed up in Avengers, but I still know him from Moon Knight.

On the note of Peter's backpacks I'm guessing that they are filled with things Peter's just abandoned over the years. Remember that Peter tends to build his webshooters from available materials so if someone is going to build them, they're gonna do it. I can imagine them carrying things like schematics (or as much as a teenager drawing them can be) of old webshooters, lenses, costume designs (which might be where alternate costumes could come from). I'd be genuinely surprised if Peter actually left something big "Property of Peter Parker" but then again this is an 8 year career so early on it would be more shocking if he didn't leave something. Maybe that's how he met some characters.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.