Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 1077
  1. #61
    Mighty Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Cause there wouldn't be much plot if the majority of the pages are just spiderman free roaming throughout New york
    Think he means the combat, though the closest thing to that in the video is just Spidey grabbing that car.

    I'll just repeat myself and say that if Spidey fought like that in the comics, he'd be killing people

  2. #62
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    54,120

    Default

    Just in general, the naturalism of his web-slinging, the personality, the fighting prowess, the adaptability, the competence...Spidey's never looked this good in a while .

  3. #63
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Just in general, the naturalism of his web-slinging, the personality, the fighting prowess, the adaptability, the competence...Spidey's never looked this good in a while .
    I get what you're saying, Frontier; specially concerning the ones in bold! Of course, He can't use that much strength against thugs, unless he wants turn them into bloody pulps.

  4. #64
    World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Just in general, the naturalism of his web-slinging, the personality, the fighting prowess, the adaptability, the competence...Spidey's never looked this good in a while .
    Yes, Insomniac seems to have nailed their portrayal of Spider-Man.

  5. #65
    iMan 42s
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,390

    Default

    Considering the medium I'm going to have to let combat largely slide due to the fact that in a game's canon the approach to combat is always going to be different dependent on who is doing it.
    That being said it's just fine Spider-man is a little more rough with his opponents considering that most if ever are not going to walk away from a fight with Spider-man without considerable trauma. Simply knocking somebody out can cause memory loss, mood swings, slower information processing, and in some real world cases have led to mood swings which later cause homicides. Lets not act like Spidey's strength is low enough cause even simply doing that (knockouts) is really bad. Superheroes just in-general do a lot of damage to thugs.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

  6. #66
    World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,067

    Default

    Looks like we'll get a chance to dive into the world of Insomniac's Spider-Man a bit earlier than the release date of the game, since Insomniac and Titan Books are teaming up to release a prequel novel (Spider-Man:Hostile Takeover) which will "lead directly into the beginning of the game". More details in this Polygon article.

    Personally, I'm pretty hyped to get this book since Insomniac's world seems to be really well done, and I can't wait for more details!

  7. #67
    iMan 42s
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,390

    Default

    I wouldn't call Blood Spider one of Peter's famous foes but I will say that if he shows up in the game it's not only a good boss/sub-plot idea but a good looking alternate costume.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

  8. #68
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    54,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Looks like we'll get a chance to dive into the world of Insomniac's Spider-Man a bit earlier than the release date of the game, since Insomniac and Titan Books are teaming up to release a prequel novel (Spider-Man:Hostile Takeover) which will "lead directly into the beginning of the game". More details in this Polygon article.

    Personally, I'm pretty hyped to get this book since Insomniac's world seems to be really well done, and I can't wait for more details!
    Huh, the only characters mentioned in the story that aren't confirmed for the game are Echo and Blood Spider.

  9. #69
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    12,258

    Default

    The game will have a prequel in the form of the novel "Hostile Takeover" by David Liss

    “Leading directly into the beginning of the game, Marvel’s Spider-Man: Hostile Takeoverfeatures some of Spidey’s most famous friends and foes,” says Titan’s announcement, exclusively shared with Polygon, “including the Shocker, Echo, the Blood Spider, J. Jonah Jameson, Mary Jane Watson, and Wilson Fisk – the Kingpin.”

    Written by author David Liss (The Ethical Assassin, Black Panther: The Man Without Fear), the book will reveal “Kingpin’s plan to gain an iron grip on New York City,” and establish character relationships and details that will be continued in the game.

    Insomniac’s Spider-Man will also join Titan’s long line of game-based art books with Marvel’s Spider-Man: The Art of the Game, written by Paul Davies.

    “Packed with never-before- seen images of Spider-Man, his costume and equipment, the Marvel version of his hometown New York, and the deadly villains he battles, fans will learn about every facet of the game, from the initial designs, blueprints, and the breathtaking final concepts,” says Titan’s announcement.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/04...prequel-novel/

  10. #70
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    7,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    The game will have a prequel in the form of the novel "Hostile Takeover" by David Liss



    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/04...prequel-novel/
    Interesting. Do we know if the novel more or less stands alone or is it like a part one of a two part story?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  11. #71
    Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)
    Posts
    2,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Think he means the combat, though the closest thing to that in the video is just Spidey grabbing that car.

    I'll just repeat myself and say that if Spidey fought like that in the comics, he'd be killing people
    Oh boy you should see the combat in the Web of Shadows game. You can literally ride a gang member like a skateboard and all of this crazy stuff. Also you could throw cars. (A solid strategy against Venom.)

  12. #72
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    12,258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Interesting. Do we know if the novel more or less stands alone or is it like a part one of a two part story?
    Read the description, it explicitly says it sets up the situations and relationships you encounter in the game.

  13. #73
    Mighty Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Oh boy you should see the combat in the Web of Shadows game. You can literally ride a gang member like a skateboard and all of this crazy stuff.
    Yes, I know all about that, although at least most of the brutal shit Spidey does is from the black costume which is the point of it, but the red one still has some brutal ones like throwing a web in the opponent in mid air, then punch them away, pull back, punch, pull, punch, pull, then step on them back to the ground, or just something simple like throwing them the fuck away, Spidey has no mercy

    Also you could throw cars. (A solid strategy against Venom.)
    Never thought that was a good strategy to be fair, Venom tends to bitchslap you away in the second or third of a combo, but since you can block cancel, all you have to do is punch him twice, block, punch twice, block, repeat until he's dead, it's that easy to deal with him and other similar symbiotes, like symbiote Wolverine.

  14. #74
    Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)
    Posts
    2,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Yes, I know all about that, although at least most of the brutal shit Spidey does is from the black costume which is the point of it, but the red one still has some brutal ones like throwing a web in the opponent in mid air, then punch them away, pull back, punch, pull, punch, pull, then step on them back to the ground, or just something simple like throwing them the fuck away, Spidey has no mercy
    I distinctly remember using the red suit with the eagle eye attack to topple over moving cars and then "save" the civilians from said car. :P

  15. #75
    Mighty Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    I distinctly remember using the red suit with the eagle eye attack to topple over moving cars and then "save" the civilians from said car. :P
    You could do just that? Damn, and I used to let Fisk's robots wander around destroying cars to save them lol.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •