Page 51 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

I want the Crossover too, but I would like a story behind how Harry got the symbiote.

BANNED

I was skeptical going in, thought it would be an Akrham clone and put off playing it. Then I finally started it and I was won over in minutes. The cutscenes are great, the gameplay is amazing. Simple yet quite satisfying. The web-swinging is great, and the combat I thought was something that improved on Arkham Knight's.

The voice-acting is superb, and I love the dual boss-fights you got later, the Taskmaster fight, Tombstone (best villain in the game) and Mr. Negative just felt an altogether more interesting character there than he did in the comics. The supporting cast -- Aunt May, MJ, Miles, Jefferson, Jameson the radio especially -- felt "on point". I know people complained about the stealth section where you play the civilians but I thought it was important to give a sense as to why Spider-Man is needed. I liked the Grand Central bit where MJ siccs Spider-Man on thugs and the one where Miles dodges the Rhino in that yard. And of course MJ investigating Norman's apartment and tasering everyone was cool.

I have never been a terribly big fan of Dr. Octopus as a character with sympathetic traits but I think the PS4 did it better than Raimi's Spider-Man 2 did. And Dr. Octopus becomes a more interesting villain in that light. I hope they don't try and redeem him later on.

spoilers:
    I just don't look forward to having see Peter pardon the killer of Aunt May
    end of spoilers. So I hope they don't go there.

So yeah the sequel can take its time, either late 2020, or early 2021. Hopefully I don't have to save money to buy another console to play it by then...

Alongside Kingdom Hearts 3 I was extremely hyped for this game and it didn't disappoint me when I got it. I enjoyed the story very much the gameplay was perfect I felt like Spider-man. The suits were so much fun to play with the only knock I have about the game is Mj job as a reporter and her need to be a Partner I keep getting reminded of Iris in the Flash Tv show. But I cant wait for the sequel

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I have never been a terribly big fan of Dr. Octopus as a character with sympathetic traits but I think the PS4 did it better than Raimi's Spider-Man 2 did. And Dr. Octopus becomes a more interesting villain in that light. I hope they don't try and redeem him later on.
    As far as "redemption" is concerned, I think it's important to look at the last time we see Otto when he's in prison.

He doesn't have the expression of someone who regrets what he did but someone angry at the indignity of the fact that he lost.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    As far as "redemption" is concerned, I think it's important to look at the last time we see Otto when he's in prison.

He doesn't have the expression of someone who regrets what he did but someone angry at the indignity of the fact that he lost.
    I guess, but he's definitely going to be a recurring villain or a returning villain. I just hope they don't go and do Superior Spider-Man or any such thing, or try and do a moment where Peter says "Ock, you and me are square", because that was hard enough to accept when Slott did that at the end of GDS but at least Ock saved Aunt May rather than doing the opposite as in this game.

Dr. Octopus works best as the character that Lee-Ditko created, a gangster in a labcoat and first-class ******* without redeeming virtues who doesn't give a damn about collateral damage or anyone other than himself. That led to George Stacy's death and others. Check the Owl/Octopus War where the climax has him callously attacking a hospital and threatening many doctors/nurses/patients, including at one point cutting the cables of an elevator with fleeing patients inside. Spider-Man PS4 captured that well, doesn't matter how much he hates Norman, he's willing to destroy and maim and throw countless people under the bus to satisfy his ego.

It feels like a match between Raimi's Dr. Octopus (basically a meat-puppet for his AI and a moronic scientist who knows nothing about lab safety) and the earlier one, along with a bit of Walter White. You know Breaking Bad. Ock is Walter and Peter is his unwitting Jesse.

Amazing Member

It's the best Spider-Man game released in years. Though not without its flaws.

As for sequel, I hope its story takes Peter on a darker path with the symbiote than what other stories have told with it. There has to be a point in the sequel where he reflects on the events from the previous game. Specifically the 3rd act and the DLC missions. After what's happened to him, he should be a bit more wrathful and less trusting to the point where almost everyone in the city would distrust and/or fear him. Leading up to a mentor vs mentee battle.
    Last edited by CosmicGoji; 02-28-2019 at 04:57 PM.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

I guess, but he's definitely going to be a recurring villain or a returning villain. I just hope they don't go and do Superior Spider-Man or any such thing, or try and do a moment where Peter says "Ock, you and me are square", because that was hard enough to accept when Slott did that at the end of GDS but at least Ock saved Aunt May rather than doing the opposite as in this game.

Dr. Octopus works best as the character that Lee-Ditko created, a gangster in a labcoat and first-class ******* without redeeming virtues who doesn't give a damn about collateral damage or anyone other than himself. That led to George Stacy's death and others. Check the Owl/Octopus War where the climax has him callously attacking a hospital and threatening many doctors/nurses/patients, including at one point cutting the cables of an elevator with fleeing patients inside. Spider-Man PS4 captured that well, doesn't matter how much he hates Norman, he's willing to destroy and maim and throw countless people under the bus to satisfy his ego.

It feels like a match between Raimi's Dr. Octopus (basically a meat-puppet for his AI and a moronic scientist who knows nothing about lab safety) and the earlier one, along with a bit of Walter White. You know Breaking Bad. Ock is Walter and Peter is his unwitting Jesse.
    The nice thing in game's version of Octavius is that he is a complex villain. He had great ideas, a true idealistic view about usage of science and he was against Osborn's illegal experiments(as seen in Martin Li's origin tape).On the other hand, while a man with great ideas and some moral compass, he had too much anger and jealousy about being a b-list in scientific/business community by Osborn, a feeling that was increased with his disease that would soon end him being paralysed and unable to function. While the neural interface caused a damage in Otto's brain, the ideas and the revenge plot against Osborn was there. Hell, he even low key spied Peter after deducting that Peter is Spider-Man. As a full-blown supervillain, Otto didn't give a crap when he turned New York into a warzone and unleashing a bio-weapon.In the end,when he was defeated,he tried to manipulate/blackmail Peter with the threat of exposing him. When he was thrown into the prison, Otto didn't have a face of regret, but a face of pure anger and hate.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    The nice thing in game's version of Octavius is that he is a complex villain. He had great ideas, a true idealistic view about usage of science and he was against Osborn's illegal experiments(as seen in Martin Li's origin tape).On the other hand, while a man with great ideas and some moral compass, he had too much anger and jealousy about being a b-list in scientific/business community by Osborn, a feeling that was increased with his disease that would soon end him being paralysed and unable to function. While the neural interface caused a damage in Otto's brain, the ideas and the revenge plot against Osborn was there. Hell, he even low key spied Peter after deducting that Peter is Spider-Man. As a full-blown supervillain, Otto didn't give a crap when he turned New York into a warzone and unleashing a bio-weapon.In the end,when he was defeated,he tried to manipulate/blackmail Peter with the threat of exposing him. When he was thrown into the prison, Otto didn't have a face of regret, but a face of pure anger and hate.
    I think if there is one prevalent theme of the game (and there are many), is what it takes to turn good men into monsters.

BANNED

I like that bit later in the game where Peter and MJ are discussing this and Peter asks her, "When is the right time to give up on a friend?" And MJ tells him that he's going to have to decide if the Ock he knew is still there or if he ever existed to start with.

Ock opposed the experiment on Mr. Negative but when Mr. Negative goes terrorist he was like, "bro, do you even lift" and then he unleashed that weapon and who knows how many people died in that. We know the one character who did.

It's interesting that Octopus treats Peter the way Osborn treated him. Osborn and Octavius were friends but then Octavius was driven away by Norman being Norman, and then later he drives Peter away too.

The game's version of Dr. Octopus is certainly among the more interesting ones.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

I like that bit later in the game where Peter and MJ are discussing this and Peter asks her, "When is the right time to give up on a friend?" And MJ tells him that he's going to have to decide if the Ock he knew is still there or if he ever existed to start with.

Ock opposed the experiment on Mr. Negative but when Mr. Negative goes terrorist he was like, "bro, do you even lift" and then he unleashed that weapon and who knows how many people died in that. We know the one character who did.

It's interesting that Octopus treats Peter the way Osborn treated him. Osborn and Octavius were friends but then Octavius was driven away by Norman being Norman, and then later he drives Peter away too.

The game's version of Dr. Octopus is certainly among the more interesting ones.
    One interesting thing is to deduct when Otto started planning his revenge and it's nice that fanbase has many theories about that.

As for the game,i love how Manhattan evolve during the game. At first, with Fisk behind bar, you had criminal acts, but not something extreme and Spider-Man was at the peak of his popularity. Then the Demons arrive and criminal activity got a boost. The terrorist acts of the gang and the arrival of Sable International started made the city more dangerous and Spidey having more critics against him. The last part, with Ryker's prisoners in the city and the military law made the city looking like a warzone. It's a nice progress and showed how up were the stakes.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

BANNED

One interesting thing is to deduct when Otto started planning his revenge and it's nice that fanbase has many theories about that.
    I think it's clear that it's after Mr. Negative's first terrorist attack on City Hall. When Peter returns to Otto's lab after he got funding again he comes in and finds a map of the Raft in the corner and a 3D printer designing stuff that later becomes tech used by the Sinister 6.

Osborn d--king Otto over and shutting down his lab probably added to that. His degenerative condition and short time to live made him more desperate and angry at wanting to do something before he dies.

As for the game,i love how Manhattan evolve during the game. At first, with Fisk behind bar, you had criminal acts, but not something extreme and Spider-Man was at the peak of his popularity. Then the Demons arrive and criminal activity got a boost. The terrorist acts of the gang and the arrival of Sable International started made the city more dangerous and Spidey having more critics against him. The last part, with Ryker's prisoners in the city and the military law made the city looking like a warzone. It's a nice progress and showed how up were the stakes.
    Yeah. New York isn't Gotham. Gotham is a city that is permanently on the brink of disaster whereas NYC is meant to mirror the real city, so it has bright days and bad days, so you need to see a full spectrum and a before and after....

So, has anyone heard if this 'universe' is going to get its own series, after the mini adaptation?

Quote Originally Posted by ChickRockGuitar View Post
    So, has anyone heard if this 'universe' is going to get its own series, after the mini adaptation?
    They way they've all been talking about it in interviews we're made to assume that's the plan next, but they haven't actually confirmed it yet, so we just have to wait until its concluded to see what follows it up.

Well, the first issue sold well so they might do more, whether it's a full-on series or maybe adaptions of the DLC.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, the first issue sold well so they might do more, whether it's a full-on series or maybe adaptions of the DLC.
    They could do a couple minis instead of an ongoing one too.