Page 54 of 104 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

So what kind of supporting cast we expect in this game?

- Miles' Mom will probably fulfill the Aunt May role at the Feast Center.

- Hopefully Ganke will get to be a significant character. Maybe he facilitates the upgrades?

- Maybe Gwen, with her dad taking over for Yuri? I doubt Wraith will show up since she's only relevant to Peter.

- Since the game is focused on Miles they can probably work in Aaron Davis/Prowler. The bad guys have purple gear/tech so maybe that connects to Aaron's Prowler gear. I kind of hope they don't completely screw over Hobie though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

- Hopefully Ganke will get to be a significant character. Maybe he facilitates the upgrades?

- Maybe Gwen, with her dad taking over for Yuri? I doubt Wraith will show up since she's only relevant to Peter.

- Since the game is focused on Miles they can probably work in Aaron Davis/Prowler. The bad guys have purple gear/tech so maybe that connects to Aaron's Prowler gear. I kind of hope they don't completely screw over Hobie though.
    I think all of them might/will show up and a few others.

There might also be attempts to rope in other street-level characters like Cloak and Dagger into this game. Since Mr. Negative's powers derives from the same source that those two had powers (back when I read them) that might be something to bring them in and give some extra scope to this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I think all of them might/will show up and a few others.

There might also be attempts to rope in other street-level characters like Cloak and Dagger into this game. Since Mr. Negative's powers derives from the same source that those two had powers (back when I read them) that might be something to bring them in and give some extra scope to this game.
    I just don't see anyone not closely connected to the Spider-Mythos showing up beyond references. I guess Miles had the Ultimate Cloak and Dagger connection to go off of that, but still.

Oh...I could totally see The Bombshells turning up as villains. I can't believe I didn't think of that.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Ever stop and think that maybe it's just the old comic guard that is nitpicky about him sharing the name? We're now in a post-Into the Spider-Verse world where the character has crossover into the popular culture. The average person doesn't care that Miles shares the same moniker with Peter. At this point addressing that would only be to appease a minority of comic readers who act territorial about it.

By comparison, they finally gave Spider-Gwen an official "unique" moniker with Ghost-Spider, but who actually calls her that in conversation?
    Fair point. I'll concede to that. I. suppose I can be a nitpick fan every now and then.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    The fact that he had to keep giving his name is Marvel saying "It's the other guy." The character is the most popular of Marvels new characters, and is the most popular member of the Spider-family not named Peter. Let him stand on his own two feet and get a name.
    He's got a name. Spider-Man

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Parker View Post
    Fair point. I'll concede to that. I. suppose I can be a nitpick fan every now and then.
    And that's fair. I get Frontier's point as well for in-story reason's why he'd like to see the change. It's just, the character has been around for close to a decade now and people who seriously demand for there to be a name change are only screaming into the void.

Mentioned it in Miles' thread,

I would like for Mr. Negative to return as a villain, if only to finally give Miles closure for Jefferson's death since Mr. Negative was responsible. Maybe one of the plots of the game is Mr. Negative trying to make one last hit at Norman and Miles interceding. Also since Miles is still likely volunteering at F.E.A.S.T. that could be another good callback.

Uncle Aaron/Prowler is another antagonist I can see added to the game. Having Uncle Aaron as a supporting character and Prowler as a more Taskmaster-esque side story in the game.

Since Evan Narcisse has been following Saladin Ahmed's book, I wouldn't be surprised to see Starling in the game.

Ganke I think is very likely to serve the Mary Jane role for Miles. Part of me is also expecting Gwen Stacy to get introduced as either a classmate of Miles or another volunteer at F.E.A.S.T.. The PS4 game made no mention of her and given that Gwen has been a teenager more recently in these adaptations, I wouldn't be surprised if she's made into one of Miles' peers.

Also add the Frost Pharoh as a joke villain. lol
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 06-11-2020 at 04:19 PM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

How is the Tag-Line "Be Greater, Be Yourself" when Miles doesn't have his own name or his own costume? Marketing department must of been having a whacky day.

Edit...didn't realize ppl where already asking that question....so I will ask another.....

Has Miles done anything greater than Spider-Man? Is that like a thing of his or something.....?
    Last edited by IHaveQuestions; 06-11-2020 at 04:26 PM.

BANNED

I would like for Mr. Negative to return as a villain, if only to finally give Miles closure for Jefferson's death since Mr. Negative was responsible. Maybe one of the plots of the game is Mr. Negative trying to make one last hit at Norman and Miles interceding. Also since Miles is still likely volunteering at F.E.A.S.T. that could be another good callback.
    Yeah, I think Mr. Negative will return as a villain here. For one thing he was pretty notable and interesting in the previous game but the finale also closed him out of Peter's orbit in favor of Otto and Norman.

So he can be Miles' main enemy.

Uncle Aaron/Prowler is another antagonist I can see added to the game. Having Uncle Aaron as a supporting character and Prowler as a more Taskmaster-esque side story in the game.
    That might be cool.

Since Evan Narcisse has been following Saladin Ahmed's book, I wouldn't be surprised to see Starling in the game.
    Evan Narcisse before he wrote comics was a major games critic, so he's probably here as much for that as his knowledge of comics. But yeah, stuff from Saladin Ahmed's run will show up I think.

He did an interview with Ta-Nehisi Coates where they discussed Miles (https://kotaku.com/spoiler-space-mor...ant-1769472432) so that might give you some idea of where his head is at. KOTAKU is Narcisse (since he's interviewing Coates for the publication).

Kotaku:[...]Miles is a little closer to my heart. I wrote a piece about Miles and how he should be the new Spider-Man in the cinematic universe because we’ve done Peter Parker twice over already. Like two origin stories. I don’t need another white Peter Parker.

Coates: Another reason why they should do it is because Bendis puts so much love into that character. That **** is clearly personal to him. He likes the hell out of that boy. There is so much source material to pull from that has not been done.

Kotaku: I agree.

Coates: There’s a completely other direction you can go in just in terms of great storytelling. It’s there.

Kotaku: The last time I wrote about Miles I made a point of saying one of the reasons I liked him better is that Miles is really incredibly earnest. Peter Parker had that Ayn Rand and Steve Ditko creepy stuff going on. He couldn’t control his anger and he didn’t have a handle on his emotions back in the day. I know Peter Parker is your boy, but if you read some of those old Spider-Man issues, it’s like, “Whoa!”

Coates: Everybody’s trying to get back to Peter Parker as a kid. You’ve got to understand when I came to him. I actually came to him as an adult.

Kotaku: Right. That DeFalco ‘80s stuff.

Coates: That’s my era. That Ron Frenz era. It’s not the kid in high school or the kid in college. He had dropped out of college and was a social misfit, living in some bum-ass apartment. That was my Peter Parker. It’s funny because they want to [get] back to the kid but you’ve got the kid, it’s Miles. That’s the kid. That’s the kid right there!

Kotaku: When they announced that Spidey book, I was like, “Come on, son.” So Miles cannot even have this to himself? He can’t even have teenage Spider-Man to himself? You gotta have another competing book?

Coates: He’s going to do fine though. He’s so well written and people read him. I don’t think you can keep him out of the movies actually.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveQuestions View Post
    Has Miles done anything greater than Spider-Man? Is that like a thing of his or something.....?
    Miles Morales was star of a movie that won Best Animated Oscar, defeating Disney/Pixar.

That's even more confusing....since Spider-Man started out as a kid. Wouldn't that mean that Miles is the one moving in?

Wait did Spider-Man get rebooted so he wasn't a kid and then the Miles kid came in and then was Greater and Somewhat himself(outside of his name and costume)?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveQuestions View Post
    That's even more confusing....since Spider-Man started out as a kid. Wouldn't that mean that Miles is the one moving in?

Wait did Spider-Man get rebooted so he wasn't a kid and then the Miles kid came in and then was Greater and Somewhat himself(outside of his name and costume)?
    Peter needs to be greater because he’s not great enough.

Miles just needs to be himself cause he’s already great

Peter needs to be greater because he’s not great enough.

Miles just needs to be himself cause he’s already great
    Is that the plot point of Miles? To show Spiderman that he is himself that's why he is great? Which is why he borrows Spider-Mans name and suit.

That actually makes sense. Its a long way for a drink of water but it works.

I will be you, to show you how to be yourself, so that you can be you. It's a lesson on being yourself...right?
    Last edited by IHaveQuestions; 06-11-2020 at 04:46 PM.

Yeah, they still need to resolve the Negative storyline and this is probably the best opportunity to do it.
    Aaron could be the Doc Ock of the game where they try and fool you into thinking he's on your side and a good guy before they reveal he's a villain.

Speaking of Doc Ock, I wonder if they'd do an Into the Spider-Verse nod by having Carolyn Trainer as Lady Octopus show up.
    That would kind of fit into my expectation that they might re-use Tombstone in the game.
    Ganke I think is very likely to serve the Mary Jane role for Miles. Part of me is also expecting Gwen Stacy to get introduced as either a classmate of Miles or another volunteer at F.E.A.S.T.. The PS4 game made no mention of her and given that Gwen has been a teenager more recently in these adaptations, I wouldn't be surprised if she's made into one of Miles' peers.
    And love interest, I guess ?

I wonder if this sets up the opportunity that they might give Gwen her own game if she gets powers. Although how would you title that? Spider-(Wo)Man: Gwen Stacy? Ghost Spider? Ultimately I think they'd only really do Peter and Miles.
    Also add the Frost Pharoh as a joke villain. lol
    The boss who you can take out in one hit .
    Evan Narcisse before he wrote comics was a major games critic, so he's probably here as much for that as his knowledge of comics. But yeah, stuff from Saladin Ahmed's run will show up I think.

He did an interview with Ta-Nehisi Coates where they discussed Miles (https://kotaku.com/spoiler-space-mor...ant-1769472432) so that might give you some idea of where his head is at. KOTAKU is Narcisse (since he's interviewing Coates for the publication).
    I kinda get where Narcisse is coming from but I think he's also missing some of the point of Peter's heroism and why it was inspiring that this moody, emotion-swinging, teenager (and sometimes adult) still went out of his way to help people and do the right thing.

And when they had this interview I don't know if Miles had the wealth of material to draw from for a new live-action movie franchise unless they really re-worked the Ultimate stuff. MCU Peter stole some Miles stuff but he still fought Vulture and Mysterio and had Peter Parker supporting cast characters even if they weren't at their most recognizable. But that's just me.

(And Spidey was a solid book, just sayin').

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Aaron could be the Doc Ock of the game where they try and fool you into thinking he's on your side and a good guy before they reveal he's a villain.

That would kind of fit into my expectation that they might re-use Tombstone in the game.
    If Tombstone makes a comeback here they could make a nod to comics with Aaron as Prowler being one of his associates/enforcers. I think instead of going full Doc Ock with it, maybe end it with a sequel hook of Aaron learning of Miles' identity, but he keeps it to himself at the time.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member

So is Peter a playable character in the game? Title implies he isn't, but we hear him in the trailer.

I actually like the idea of having more than one Spider-Man. I don’t think Peter Parker is the end-all-be-all of Spider-Man because he isn’t the end-all-be-all of the everyman. Not everyone is a nerd or has the same problems that Peter has. If ‘everyday people’ can vary, you can have multiple Spider-Men that vary. Honestly, it makes more sense than it even did with Batman.

The reason Miles feels repetitive is because the comics never gave him a distinct identity from Peter’s. I mean, there’s obvious differences between them, but it’s nothing compared to how unique Kamala Khan is. Even among Spider-People, Miguel and Spider-Gwen are more distinct than the Ultimate/616 Miles. The only Miles to not feel like "another Spider-Man" is the movie version.

Still, it doesn't have to be that way. I'm a bit worried they will keep Miles a shy introverted nerd like in the first game, but I'll reserve judgment until the game is out.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 06-11-2020 at 06:22 PM.