Page 55 of 104 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Wait so that is what the Tag-line is"Be Great, Be Yourself" because everyone is an everyman and therefore no is great? Miles is suppose to be irony on the concept of Spider-Man?

Anyone, know which books cover this that I should read? Miles seem interesting even though it's confusing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    So is Peter a playable character in the game? Title implies he isn't, but we hear him in the trailer.
    I think no. Maybe there are a couple of missions with him (like say the prologue is Peter teaching and training Miles and we start with Peter and go to Miles). But my guess is Peter will be held back for the proper sequel with him.

Insomniac's Spider-Man PS4 came out in 2018 (September 2018). So essentially Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS5) would have had a development time for about two years. That means that it will for the most part reuse and repurpose assets from the PS4 game. By assets I mean the game engine, the animation move-set, the enemy design types, the level design and other stuff. Those assets can be altered and redone to look a little different aesthetically, a little more polished but underneath it will play like the PS4 game.

The actual sequel for that game, if it were to be made for PS5 would be more elaborate, more ambitious, and more grand and that will take more time. It took 4 years to develop the PS4 game, it was first announced in 2016 and released two years later. So you can imagine that it will take a similar long time for the sequel to come out.

What that means is that Insomniac are gonna want to hold off you playing Peter to make the sequel worth it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I think no. Maybe there are a couple of missions with him (like say the prologue is Peter teaching and training Miles and we start with Peter and go to Miles). But my guess is Peter will be held back for the proper sequel with him.

Insomniac's Spider-Man PS4 came out in 2018 (September 2018). So essentially Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS5) would have had a development time for about two years. That means that it will for the most part reuse and repurpose assets from the PS4 game. By assets I mean the game engine, the animation move-set, the enemy design types, the level design and other stuff. Those assets can be altered and redone to look a little different aesthetically, a little more polished but underneath it will play like the PS4 game.

The actual sequel for that game, if it were to be made for PS5 would be more elaborate, more ambitious, and more grand and that will take more time. It took 4 years to develop the PS4 game, it was first announced in 2016 and released two years later. So you can imagine that it will take a similar long time for the sequel to come out.

What that means is that Insomniac are gonna want to hold off you playing Peter to make the sequel worth it.
    You may be right. I remember Insomniac alluding in an interview to eventually doing the black costume. They said they didn't include it in the first game to not cheapen it, or something like that.

If that is true, I honestly don't know how you do Black Costume Spidey and introduce a new Spider-Man that you alternate between in the same game. That sounds like overkill, especially just two years after the first game. So you may be right.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 06-11-2020 at 06:48 PM.

As far as names are concerned whenever Miles appears be it the movie or the games there's always a media explosion. Ever since the game's announcement Miles has been trending worldwide and still is as I type this and is being referred to as Spider-Man so if there's any confusion to be had it's not on the general public's end. And since they make up the majority of the buyers there's really no reason to change something that's proven to be of no concern.

I just realized that now Insomniac is making a game with a teenage Spider-Man .

You think we're going to get any Jameson podcasts in this game? I only ask because Jonah doesn't really have anything to do with Miles.

There's a scene where it seems like Miles is fighting a female in those arm things (in the same spot where Peter fought Electro in ASM2, I think) and is invisible and using the Venom Blast. Could that be a takedown move?
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    If Tombstone makes a comeback here they could make a nod to comics with Aaron as Prowler being one of his associates/enforcers. I think instead of going full Doc Ock with it, maybe end it with a sequel hook of Aaron learning of Miles' identity, but he keeps it to himself at the time.
    I'd be surprised if Aaron isn't the final boss to be honest. I guess thematically I could see it being Negative, and they already did a fakeout with him in the first game, but I just can't really see it being him.
    So is Peter a playable character in the game? Title implies he isn't, but we hear him in the trailer.
    CrimsonEchidna had a theory that something happens that takes Peter out of commission and necessitates Miles stepping up. Peter sounds a little tired and haggard.

He might still play somewhat of a mentor role.
    I actually like the idea of having more than one Spider-Man. I don’t think Peter Parker is the end-all-be-all of Spider-Man because he isn’t the end-all-be-all of the everyman. Not everyone is a nerd or has the same problems that Peter has. If ‘everyday people’ can vary, you can have multiple Spider-Men that vary. Honestly, it makes more sense than it even did with Batman.
    I think it's an important part of Peter Parker's narrative that he be the be all, end all, Spider-Man because his whole deal is that he has the power and the responsibility to use it and that just one person acting on that can make a difference.

It's why it makes it difficult integrating the other Spider-Heroes into his narrative.
    You may be right. I remember Insomniac alluding in an interview to eventually doing the black costume. They said they didn't include it in the first game to not cheapen it, or something like that.

If that is true, I honestly don't know how you do Black Costume Spidey and introduce a new Spider-Man that you alternate between in the same game. That sounds like overkill, especially just two years after the first game. So you may be right.
    I think one benefit of this game getting playable Miles out of the way is it leaves the devs more freedom to get the Symbiote right for the next game.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just realized that now Insomniac is making a game with a teenage Spider-Man .
    Miles, far more than Peter, was created to be a teenage superhero after all.

You think we're going to get any Jameson podcasts in this game? I only ask because Jonah doesn't really have anything to do with Miles.
    I think we might get some stuff with JJJ. He did have a heart attack when he heard there were two Spider-Man at the end of the DLC.

But a physical in-person JJJ will happen in the sequel.

I'd be surprised if Aaron isn't the final boss to be honest. I guess thematically I could see it being Negative, and they already did a fakeout with him in the first game, but I just can't really see it being him.
    You could do it that Aaron wants revenge on Negative and convinces Miles to help him avenger his brother/Miles' father but then he goes over the edge and Miles learns that his uncle is not as nice and so on.

CrimsonEchidna had a theory that something happens that takes Peter out of commission and necessitates Miles stepping up. Peter sounds a little tired and haggard.
    I think the developers will want to focus on Miles so with Peter it can't be too dramatic to take interest away from Miles. The simplest thing is to have him be involved in some team-up work with the Avengers, maybe helping Sable and MJ in Symkaria or something like that. Like if Peter is sick or injured then most of the game becomes about Miles worrying about Peter's health and so on, and that's not a fun hook for an open world game where any time Miles goes swinging around and doing cool stuff audiences will wonder if he's too callous because Peter's sick and so on.

He might still play somewhat of a mentor role.
    I expect Peter to be there at the start and the end, and appear on phone calls yeah.

Miles, far more than Peter, was created to be a teenage superhero after all.
    It's part of both of their characters. I don't see where it's more a part of Miles' creation then Peter's.
    I think we might get some stuff with JJJ. He did have a heart attack when he heard there were two Spider-Man at the end of the DLC.

But a physical in-person JJJ will happen in the sequel.
    Yeah, maybe...it just might feel weird to see a major Peter character as a significant presence in a Miles game.
    You could do it that Aaron wants revenge on Negative and convinces Miles to help him avenger his brother/Miles' father but then he goes over the edge and Miles learns that his uncle is not as nice and so on.
    Actually...I could see Aaron doing what he did with Ultimate Scorpion and have Miles take out Negative for him so he can take over Negative's operation.
    I think the developers will want to focus on Miles so with Peter it can't be too dramatic to take interest away from Miles. The simplest thing is to have him be involved in some team-up work with the Avengers, maybe helping Sable and MJ in Symkaria or something like that. Like if Peter is sick or injured then most of the game becomes about Miles worrying about Peter's health and so on, and that's not a fun hook for an open world game where any time Miles goes swinging around and doing cool stuff audiences will wonder if he's too callous because Peter's sick and so on.
    I don't know if Miles needing to worry about Peter would prevent him from still being Spider-Man that people can like. As long as Peter's not on death's door I don't think it will have as significant an impact aside from Miles questioning himself which would have happened no matter what was going on with Peter.

BANNED

It's part of both of their characters. I don't see where it's more a part of Miles' creation then Peter's.
    Peter's teenage years whether in 616 or Bendis' Ultimate run never had realism or detail to it. It was some generic high school world without detail and just an excuse for storytelling. Most of the Lee-Ditko era featured Peter at the Bugle and not at high school. Even in Bendis' Ultimate run, after a while the school stuff became generic background and it was about what Peter got up to in his basement, how he got entangled with SHIELD and so on.

Whereas Miles was introduced with realistic background and detaill. He got into a school in Brooklyn based on lottery which is a real thing that happens. There's a greater attention and care with Miles' as teenager than with Peter.

Yeah, maybe...it just might feel weird to see a major Peter character as a significant presence in a Miles game.
    Well Miles is now Gwen Stacy's most popular love interest these days. So why not? And besides, in Bendis' Ultimate run, Peter's cast occassionally did cross paths and helped Miles. MJ was like a big sister to him who Miles came to ask about dating advice.

And JJJ being on podcast wouldn't be major.

Actually...I could see Aaron doing what he did with Ultimate Scorpion and have Miles take out Negative for him so he can take over Negative's operation.
    That might happen too, yeah. You know if they want to do a gangland storyline, it might also be cool to bring in Hobgoblin/Roderick Kingsley. He's not big enough to be a Spider-Man villain in a game/movie but he's the right size to threaten Miles Morales/Spider-Man. And hey if you want a Trump analogue for a black Spider-Man to beat up (as in ITSV) then a lying scheming plagiarizing conman who dresses in orange is not a bad choice.

I don't know if Miles needing to worry about Peter would prevent him from still being Spider-Man that people can like. As long as Peter's not on death's door I don't think it will have as significant an impact aside from Miles questioning himself which would have happened no matter what was going on with Peter.
    Thing is Peter Parker is Spider-Man with a great healing factor and determination/tenacity. If Spider-Man is sick and so Miles has to take over, then he has to be "at death's door" to make it so that Miles has to take over. There's no way that Peter would allow Miles to endanger himself if it was some kind of flu.

So Avengers team-up makes most sense. It's simple, not too dramatic, and allows us to focus on Miles. I can of course be wrong.
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 06-11-2020 at 09:24 PM.

Astonishing Member

I think it's an important part of Peter Parker's narrative that he be the be all, end all, Spider-Man because his whole deal is that he has the power and the responsibility to use it and that just one person acting on that can make a difference.

It's why it makes it difficult integrating the other Spider-Heroes into his narrative.
    I think other Spider-Heroes can work for that same reason. Peter can still be the OG Spider-Man that 'started it all'.

I also don't think it's that far off from where Peter was pre-OMD. Peter The Science Teacher was already in a mentor role. Other people were already learning from him that 'with great power comes great responsibility' ('great power' doesn't just apply to superpowers, after all).

Even without the representation issue, having more than one Spider-Man was the next logical step IMO.

I'm down for an in-between game; it makes this universe feel so much richer and more robust than most. I mean seriously, we have the base game, City Never Sleeps, City At War (which added to the base game), Velocity, Black Cat Strikes, and now this game. They're doing such a good job worldbuilding with this series.

Overall, I'm ready to play as Miles as Spider-Man in a new Triple-AAA, Single-player role. It'll be the first time he's been in that role (yes, I'm aware of the mobile games and Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    I'm down for an in-between game; it makes this universe feel so much richer and more robust than most. I mean seriously, we have the base game, City Never Sleeps, City At War (which added to the base game), Velocity, Black Cat Strikes, and now this game. They're doing such a good job worldbuilding with this series.

Overall, I'm ready to play as Miles as Spider-Man in a new Triple-AAA, Single-player role. It'll be the first time he's been in that role (yes, I'm aware of the mobile games and Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order).
    And of course if Spider-Man Miles Morales sells very well (and it's set up to do so, since it's gonna be a launch title for the PS5), then there will be a sequel with Miles and a competing sub-franchise.

So, new info is out. It's not actually a full on game, but a remaster of the previous one with new elements, including this section with Miles.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    That statement is very confusing.

Anyway, I expected there would be a remaster published alongside the game. And I did think they would be repurposing the assets of the previous game, so that's probably what this guy (Executive Vice President of Sony's European Division...which isn't really high in the ladder) means.

I hope that in terms of content it's bigger than expansion though.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

That statement is very confusing.

Anyway, I expected there would be a remaster published alongside the game. And I did think they would be repurposing the assets of the previous game, so that's probably what this guy (Executive Vice President of Sony's European Division...which isn't really high in the ladder) means.

I hope that in terms of content it's bigger than expansion though.
    The Miles game is an expansion. A bit disappointing but I'm still all in.

Yeah looks like it's not a full game and just new levels in a ps5 port.

https://www.ign.com/articles/ps5-spi...?sf123919851=1