Page 56 of 104 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Peter's teenage years whether in 616 or Bendis' Ultimate run never had realism or detail to it. It was some generic high school world without detail and just an excuse for storytelling. Most of the Lee-Ditko era featured Peter at the Bugle and not at high school. Even in Bendis' Ultimate run, after a while the school stuff became generic background and it was about what Peter got up to in his basement, how he got entangled with SHIELD and so on.

Whereas Miles was introduced with realistic background and detaill. He got into a school in Brooklyn based on lottery which is a real thing that happens. There's a greater attention and care with Miles' as teenager than with Peter.
    I don't think it's a matter of "realism" so much as just the actual experience and effect it had on the characters. It was different for both Peter and Miles but they shouldn't have the same kind of high school experience, but it's a factor for both characters.
    Well Miles is now Gwen Stacy's most popular love interest these days. So why not? And besides, in Bendis' Ultimate run, Peter's cast occassionally did cross paths and helped Miles. MJ was like a big sister to him who Miles came to ask about dating advice.

And JJJ being on podcast wouldn't be major.
    I think it's more the other way around where Gwen Stacy is Miles' most popular love interest (that is if we're not separating the Gwen's into different characters).

I know Miles kind of took over Ultimate Peter's supporting cast more or less...but I was looking at it more from a 616 perspective. It's just weird to me.

I'd hate to lose those Jonah podcasts...although if this is like the DLC, we might only get like 2 or 3.
    That might happen too, yeah. You know if they want to do a gangland storyline, it might also be cool to bring in Hobgoblin/Roderick Kingsley. He's not big enough to be a Spider-Man villain in a game/movie but he's the right size to threaten Miles Morales/Spider-Man. And hey if you want a Trump analogue for a black Spider-Man to beat up (as in ITSV) then a lying scheming plagiarizing conman who dresses in orange is not a bad choice.
    A Kingsley nod is far more likely then getting the Hobgoblin before we get the Green Goblin. This isn't one of the cartoons.
    Thing is Peter Parker is Spider-Man with a great healing factor and determination/tenacity. If Spider-Man is sick and so Miles has to take over, then he has to be "at death's door" to make it so that Miles has to take over. There's no way that Peter would allow Miles to endanger himself if it was some kind of flu.

So Avengers team-up makes most sense. It's simple, not too dramatic, and allows us to focus on Miles. I can of course be wrong.
    I know the game acknowledged the Avengers as a nod to their own game, but I just don't see them factoring into the plot of a Spider-Man game. Peter might just be injured enough to where it might take him a few days to heal, giving Miles enough time to be Spider-Man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I think other Spider-Heroes can work for that same reason. Peter can still be the OG Spider-Man that 'started it all'.
    I agree they can, independently.

Miles main character premise is taking over from a dead Peter Parker and Gwen is supposed to be the only Spider-Hero of her world.
    I also don't think it's that far off from where Peter was pre-OMD. Peter The Science Teacher was already in a mentor role. Other people were already learning from him that 'with great power comes great responsibility' ('great power' doesn't just apply to superpowers, after all).

Even without the representation issue, having more than one Spider-Man was the next logical step IMO.
    I think there's a difference between mentoring some high school kids in your civilian identity and mentoring teen Superheroes wearing your likeness. One could lend itself to another but that isn't really what happened in terms of the actual franchise narrative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    This is kind of what I assumed at first, but the advertising was incredibly deceptive.

I guess the length will probably be a little more then some of the DLC stories.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Yeah looks like it's not a full game and just new levels in a ps5 port.

https://www.ign.com/articles/ps5-spi...?sf123919851=1
    Still haven't gotten word from Insomniac themselves though.

Not the first time misinformed rumors came from people somewhat low down the chain of command. Like Assassin's Creed Valhalla initially had a report from some guy doing the localization for the game in the Middle East saying it will be shorter than the previous game, and then a senior developer said that it's in fact slightly larger than the previous game (https://www.gamesradar.com/assassins...able%20terrain).

Executive Vice President of Sony Business, Europe, is more tied to marketing vertical than creative. Not saying he wouldn't know but it's possible he got a gist and worded it wrong.

The way the game is promoted does make it seem a lot more substantial than an expansion. It was presented as an outright sequel. If they wanted to promote it as an expansion, they could have advertised, Spider-Man Remastered for PS5 with all DLC + Miles Morales Expansion.

BANNED

Alright, Insomniac on twitter just said that the game is a standalone game and not merely a remaster and an expansion.

Just like I suspected.

"Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales is the next adventure in the Marvel's Spider-Man universe. We will reveal more about this standalone game at a future date. #MilesMoralesPS5"

https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/with_replies

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Alright, Insomniac on twitter just said that the game is a standalone game and not merely a remaster and an expansion.

Just like I suspected.

"Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales is the next adventure in the Marvel's Spider-Man universe. We will reveal more about this standalone game at a future date. #MilesMoralesPS5"

https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/with_replies
    So it's Uncharted the Lost Legacy. I'm cool with that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    So it's Uncharted the Lost Legacy. I'm cool with that.
    Hopefully Insomniac didn't crunch its employees the way Naughty Dog did over that title. Uncharted Lost Legacy was quite substantial especially if you 100% it. As is Dishonored Death of the Outsider (another standalone game).

I think this game will be a little more substantial than Lost Legacy owing to the greater development time. I am quite sure that the Remaster of the original game will be released alongside it and there will be a kind of bundle so that might be what the probably-got-an-earful-already executive meant.

I'd have preferred something on the lines of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood or Revelations (two DLCs elaborated into full games which are only a smidge shorter than the game they spun off from) but Lost Legacy is a good model.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

About what I figured. I'd imagine length wise it's probably somewhere in-between the City Never Sleeps expansion and the PS4 game.

Hopefully Insomniac didn't crunch its employees the way Naughty Dog did over that title. Uncharted Lost Legacy was quite substantial especially if you 100% it. As is Dishonored Death of the Outsider (another standalone game).
    Apparently Insomniac started working on this not long after the first game was completed. They also got two Development teams, which is why they were able to make this and the new Ratchet & Clank game simultaneously.
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 06-12-2020 at 10:20 AM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I'm curious how many skins there will be. Miles honestly doesn't have a lot of options:

- Into the Spider-Verse suit.

- Clothed Into the Spider-Verse look.

- Prototype Into the Spider-Verse costume.

- His look from that D&D Champions arc?

Also kind of surprised they're just using his normal costume look. Not that you can add too much to perfection but given they changed up Peter's look, I was expecting some alteration to Miles' look to signify he's the PS4 Miles Morales. Unless they felt Peter being the main meant it was more significant he get an Insomniac makeover then Miles.

guys it turns out that Miles is only an expansion so the "Be Greater, Be Yourself" is really Spider-Mans tag line! So...maybe Miles part is a way from him to discover his own identity.

This makes way more sense than Miles trying to teach Spider-Man how to be himself by wearing his costume and using his name.

I wonder if the villain materializing that weapon towards an overwhelmed Miles is Tinkerer. It reminds me of the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon where he could materialize all these different weapons.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm curious how many skins there will be. Miles honestly doesn't have a lot of options:

Also kind of surprised they're just using his normal costume look. Not that you can add too much to perfection but given they changed up Peter's look, I was expecting some alteration to Miles' look to signify he's the PS4 Miles Morales. Unless they felt Peter being the main meant it was more significant he get an Insomniac makeover then Miles.
    Why not Aaron's Iron-Spider suit? Sure he never wore it but it's a decent design

gimme the absolute schwarmage doppleganger i don't care where the extra arms go
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

If I had to imagine his outfits it'll probably be those in addition to:

Civilian Clothes
    His Proto-Costume from the Ultimate Universe
    His Proto-Costume from the Annual
    Captain Universe
    Aaron's Iron Spider Costume
    Ultimatum

His Symbiote design will probably be held off until Spider-Man 2, just like Peter's.
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 06-12-2020 at 01:27 PM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member

I agree they can, independently.

Miles main character premise is taking over from a dead Peter Parker and Gwen is supposed to be the only Spider-Hero of her world.
    Sadly, Miles doesn't have a main premise like Peter or Kamala do (or even like Spider-Gwen). Every version of Miles has been completely different. Bendis' Miles was similar to Peter. The video game kept him an introverted nerd, but completely changed the relationship with his father. The movie went back to the family dynamic from Bendis, but changed Miles into an extroverted, artsy dude. Saladin Ahmed's Miles is like an in-between version of Bendis' Miles and ITSV Miles in personality, but Miles's relationship with his family is closer to the video game version.

Even the catalyst for Miles becoming Spider-Man varies. Sometimes Peter dies (Bendis and ITSV), other times it is a family member (PS4), other times it is no one (616).

I think the ITSV version is the best version. Even then, Peter doesn't have to die. You can tweak Miles' origin and have one of Peter's clones die in his place.

I think there's a difference between mentoring some high school kids in your civilian identity and mentoring teen Superheroes wearing your likeness. One could lend itself to another but that isn't really what happened in terms of the actual franchise narrative.
    Fair enough, but I think it can work without taking away from Peter. What I like about ITSV is that all the Spider-Heroes look and act very different from each other, but have certain things in common (I.e. being misfits, having a sense of responsibility). They feel more like kindred spirits than people wearing Peter's likeness.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 06-12-2020 at 01:39 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Sadly, Miles doesn't have a main premise like Peter or Kamala do (or even like Spider-Gwen). Every version of Miles has been completely different. Bendis' Miles was similar to Peter. The video game kept him an introverted nerd, but completely changed the relationship with his father. The movie went back to the family dynamic from Bendis, but changed Miles into an extroverted, artsy dude. Saladin Ahmed's Miles is like an in-between version of Bendis' Miles and ITSV Miles in personality, but Miles's relationship with his family is closer to the video game version.

Even the catalyst for Miles becoming Spider-Man varies. Sometimes Peter dies (Bendis and ITSV), other times it is a family member (PS4), other times it is no one (616).

I think the ITSV version is the best version. Even then, Peter doesn't have to die. You can tweak Miles' origin and have one of Peter's clones die in his place.
    The main basic premise of Miles is that he's the young Spider-Man. An example of Spider-Man's legacy positively being claimed by someone else. That's the main element.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Why not Aaron's Iron-Spider suit? Sure he never wore it but it's a decent design
    Indeed, if PS4 Peter can wear his clones' and his 2099 successor's costumes, why can't Miles wear his Uncle Aaron's Iron Spider Armor?
    The spider is always on the hunt.