Page 59 of 104 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    The trailer on PlayStation YouTube page has already 7.5 million views. Probably the most after the hardware reveal from the event on Thursday
    Having a Spider-Man game to play at the launch of the next console is quite attractive to many.

The thing to remember that for any new console, a good chunk of the target will be people for whom the PS5 is going to be their first console ever (teens, parents of teens who want to give their kid the top-of-the-line thing, people who were saving money to buy a PS4 but then when they learned that the next one is coming, saving to buy the PS5 instead) so a Spider-Man game validates their pre-meditated choice and doubles down on it. Spider-Man and Miles Morales especially became big with ITSV, especially on the target demographic and that movie is still fresh in everyone's minds, so in some sense playing as Miles on PS5 fills the gap before the sequel comes.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Some people are theorizing that the main villain for Miles' game might be Tomoe The TECHNOGOLEM and her Bio Hack ninjas. Based on the glimpses of enemies we saw in the teaser trailer, that might actually be possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I can't think of anybody else who could make tech appear out of thin-air.
    I'm hoping it's the case. The first game's characterization of Mr. Negative was fantastic and I'd love for them to do the same with Tomoe.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Don't forget we got another Miles, Peter & Gwen cartoon coming in 2021 on one of the Disney channels. Either they will be teens or kids. I want to say it's for little kids.
    It's on Disney Jr. It's for little kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I'm hoping it's the case. The first game's characterization of Mr. Negative was fantastic and I'd love for them to do the same with Tomoe.
    It would be interesting to see an Asian Supervillain turf war (China vs Japan).

I guess this would cement her as a Spider-Man villain over an Iron Man one.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

This looks excellent, though those scenes of him jumping from car to car gave me PTSD from fighting Sandman in the SM3 game.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    If I had to imagine his outfits it'll probably be those in addition to:

Civilian Clothes
    His Proto-Costume from the Ultimate Universe
    His Proto-Costume from the Annual
    Captain Universe
    Aaron's Iron Spider Costume
    Ultimatum

His Symbiote design will probably be held off until Spider-Man 2, just like Peter's.
    What about the symbiote version from Ultimate Carnage? That one done right could be nasty. Also, it might be nice to throw in the original Spider-Man costume. And I don't mean rendered in the manner most people know of, but the gangly, Steve Ditko version with the narrowed eyes and heavy emphasis on the armpit webs, to show that Miles truly is (at least in his universe) brand new.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Spectacular Member

Well, he can be all that without being a teenager. He's never stopped being a working class underdog even after growing up and successful adaptions have still depicted him starting out as a teenager trying to make ends meat for his aunt without making him any less believable a teenager.

I'm not necesarilly arguing against co-existence, but I feel like I have to point out the movie all ended with the other Spider-Men (and women) going off to their own worlds and leaving Miles the sole Spider-Man of his Earth.

I don't think we're going to get SpOck until the third main game, if we do at all.

I think Miles and Peter work better with each other as guest heroes in each others lives ala the other heroes you cite rather than actual consistent presence in each others' lives. The Spider-Man cartoons seem to indicate why Miles being in Peter's life doesn't work out in the long run for Miles or Peter, ditto with other Spider-Heroes.
    Co-signed. Peter and Miles should just pop into each other lives when it’s necessary. They’re both individuals and have different ways of approaching things, as well as unique problems, that would realistically keep them from always interacting.

Spectacular Member

I think Miles and Peter work better with each other as guest heroes in each others lives ala the other heroes you cite rather than actual consistent presence in each others' lives. The Spider-Man cartoons seem to indicate why Miles being in Peter's life doesn't work out in the long run for Miles or Peter, ditto with other Spider-Heroes.
    PREACH! Miles and Peter being partners in crime fighting as the long term status quo doesn't work, in my humble opinion. It diminished them both.

Phil Lord of Into The Spiderverse was invited to see the game way before the reveal and he's impressed by it.
    https://www.ign.com/articles/spider-...orales-for-ps5

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    The trailer on PlayStation YouTube page has already 7.5 million views. Probably the most after the hardware reveal from the event on Thursday
    The Spider-man game was pretty huge and the game heavily teased Miles becoming Spider-man.

Not to mention that Miles is very popular (particularly outside the comic book buying audience) after Spider-Verse and his general success in the bookstore market.

My son who is 5 years old already knows who Miles is and I'm sure that's a common theme among the younger audience.

Ultimate Member

It's like every time Miles appears in media he appears with dope music.

It actually adds to the "cool" factor of the character. That shot of Miles (or whomever) walking in the snow is just...hard.
    Last edited by Username taken; 06-15-2020 at 04:29 AM.

I wonder, with MJ likely still in Symkaria, if Miles will stumble into fellow Bugle reporter Eddie Brock as he looks into the new New York crime wave...

Astonishing Member

At least regarding animation, I feel that takeaway is more due to them not letting Miles and Peter be unambiguously equal co-leads, along with the general habitual need that they feel of making Peter as prominent as they do, rather than some intrinsic incompatibility between Miles and Peter that prevents them from consistently being together and working together in an equal and ongoing fashion.

Personally, I would [have] love[d] some form of media that would have let the two be with each other exploring their relationship as a superhero duo. That is an aspect of these characters that warrants serious exploration. Maybe I'd still want that in the future, provided it'd be done well. But right now, I'm at the point that I would prefer to have Miles and his be the prime focus in new media depictions for right now.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 06-16-2020 at 12:25 PM.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

More Potential Costumes:

2020 Variant

Shadow-Spider

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    At least regarding animation, I feel that takeaway is more due to them not letting Miles and Peter be unambiguously equal co-leads, along with the general habitual need that they feel of making Peter as prominent as they do, rather than some intrinsic incompatibility between Miles and Peter that prevents them from consistently being together and working together in an equal and ongoing fashion.

Personally, I would [have] love[d] some form of media that would have let the two be with each other exploring their relationship as a superhero duo. That is an aspect of these characters that warrants serious exploration. Maybe I'd still want that in the future, provided it'd be done well. But right now, I'm at the point that I would prefer to have Miles and his be the prime focus in new media depictions for right now.
    I think Spider-Man is such a solo-centric franchise, and this extends beyond Peter, that it would be a difficult adjustment trying to change it away from that. And we've seen this in the adaptions that try and throw in a bunch of other heroes or Spider-Heroes into Peter's life. At least in my opinion.

Which is why it's probably for the best that Miles is getting his own game instead of having to tell his story alongside Peter's.

Astonishing Member

I always thought what Morrison was trying to do with Batman Inc would work better for Spider-Man. I can see multiple Spider-Men co-existing that all operate individually but will occasionally team up with one another for big events. The big difference is that Peter wouldn't fund them all, he would just serve as the inspiration for the others.