Page 7 of 104 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I didn't bring up the Ultimate comics since I was basing my comment on adaptions, which is why I brought up the game, and I think of Ultimate as an alternate universe/Elseworld.

But I guess it's a fine line sometimes .
    Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would imagine the preconceptions of Mary Jane created from the movies was probably what the Dev team were trying to avoid in making their version of Mary Jane.
    That could very well be.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Amazing Member

As long as MJ and Pete end up together at the end, I'll buy it. But if it's another MJ/Pete tease from Marvel, I'll save myself the money.

Amazing Member

For those who've played a Spider-Man game or continue to play them, I gotta ask. Did you have any trouble whatsoever trying to web swing? Did you find it skillful or challenging to press one button at the obvious right moment after a nosedive?

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGoji View Post
    For those who've played a Spider-Man game or continue to play them, I gotta ask. Did you have any trouble whatsoever trying to web swing? Did you find it skillful or challenging to press one button at the obvious right moment after a nosedive?
    I would say they did take some adjusting to at first, but usually after a few missions the swinging becomes no problem for me. The Spider-Man 2 movie game probably had the most complicated of all the web swinging mechanics, at least what I can remember.

The only time I can remember really having difficulty with Web-Swinging was in Web of Shadows for the Wii.

Amazing Member

I ask because of the recent news of the exclusion of fall damage. Some are losing sleep over this, and they're using what I asked as one of their arguments for why it should be in the game. Granted, I wouldn't mind seeing an option for it, but to make this much of a fuss? To say to those who don't care for its exclusion are "bending over and accepting mediocrity"? To act like you know what's best for the game? To undermine the game's quality or devs ability?
    Last edited by CosmicGoji; 04-29-2018 at 10:04 PM.

I ask because of the recent news of the exclusion of fall damage. Some are losing sleep over this, and they're using what I asked as one of their arguments for why it should be in the game. Granted, I wouldn't mind seeing an option for it, but to make this much of a fuss? To say to those who don't care for its exclusion are "bending over and accepting mediocrity"? To act like you know what's best for the game? To undermine the game's quality or devs ability?
    I don't mind them removing fall damage, it seems like a non-issue to complain about. It seems that people are upset because removing it doesn't punish you for screwing up web swinging, but I've always thought web swinging was the reward, as it gets you places so much faster, and if you screw up, you have to keep trying or go the long way.

Reminds me of something they had in Shattered Dimensions, where anytime you fell down a bottomless pit, the game gave you a chance to save yourself, so it was almost impossible to die from that. I'm not sure if anybody complained about it, but I didnt think that was a problem either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 2Thumbs View Post
    As long as MJ and Pete end up together at the end, I'll buy it. But if it's another MJ/Pete tease from Marvel, I'll save myself the money.
    Buying a video game for a couple, dude?

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    Some people do like stuff to reflect the things of a franchise that are important to them. I've gotten installments of comic series I could care less about solely because my favorite character had a supporting role in (looking at you Cable "Newer Mutants" story arc).
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Waifus are serious business!

(Look at how big Fire Emblem has gotten.)

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Insomniac won't care as long as they get his money

There's also what WebLurker said.

Amazing Member

<Cough> Every Bioware game in the last 15 years. <Cough>

Anyways, yeah. I dont want to play a Spidey game where Pete and MJ decide that 'It wont work cuz reazonz." Dont we get enough of that in the modern comics?

Quote Originally Posted by 2Thumbs View Post
    <Cough> Every Bioware game in the last 15 years. <Cough>

Anyways, yeah. I dont want to play a Spidey game where Pete and MJ decide that 'It wont work cuz reazonz." Dont we get enough of that in the modern comics?
    Well, when it comes out, you could wait for the summary to be posted on Wikipedia or watch a full play through on YouTube before deciding to buy it or not.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Well, when it comes out, you could wait for the summary to be posted on Wikipedia or watch a full play through on YouTube before deciding to buy it or not.
    YouTube is great for that. There've been games that I've not bought or did buy, based on walkthroughs. I'll definitely be buying the new Spider-Man game though when it comes out.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I'll probably just hit a forum and ask for that one spoiler. I dont want everything spoiled.

Who am I kidding? I'm going to buy it, play it, and then be heartbroken if Pete and MJ dont get together. Will probably be the difference between a single playthrough and a several hundred hour Platinum trophy run.