Page 71 of 104 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1556

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGoji View Post
    Meh. Looks too similar to its predecessor.
    Well yeah, it's not going to look like a completely different game. It's been in development for 2 years which likely means it'll have similar features to the last game as it was probably used as the base for this game. Arkham City looked quite similar to Arkham Asylum too but it was a great game as well. Not exactly sure what you were expecting.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Have they confirmed if Miles only gets to travel in his part of town or will he get explore the entire new york map we got in the original spider-man game?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Well yeah, it's not going to look like a completely different game. It's been in development for 2 years which likely means it'll have similar features to the last game as it was probably used as the base for this game. Arkham City looked quite similar to Arkham Asylum too but it was a great game as well. Not exactly sure what you were expecting.
    My thing is this shouldn't have been made in the first place if it was just gonna be SMPS4, but with Miles in a winter wonderland. It's like Arkham Origins in that regard, and much like that game, this feels like a quick cash grab.

I don't think it feels like a cash grab. I think the whole way they're going about it is a smart use of getting as much as they can out of the license, if that makes sense. Everybody was expecting before this was announced that Spider-Man 2 would be next straight up, probably with playing as both Peter and Miles. It was a great decision to give Miles his own spotlight to shine before that like Peter did with the previous game. From a storytelling perspective it's pretty smart to have that space, continuing to push the overall narratives further, using that "spin-off title" thing to its advantage in that regard instead of being prequel territory like Arkham Origins.

I'm glad they're having this come out on PS4 as well, cause I don't think I can do the PS5 right away. The whole 'if you buy it on PS4 it'll carry over when you get a PS5' thing going on with a lot of titles right now is great. This game looks phenomenal, with Insomniac it's night and day compared to that first look at the Crystal Dynamics Avengers game last year lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Have they confirmed if Miles only gets to travel in his part of town or will he get explore the entire new york map we got in the original spider-man game?
    I think I read some devs say back when the first trailer dropped it's the same Manhattan map from the first game, just with an overhauled Christmas time look.
    Last edited by Spidey_62; 09-17-2020 at 03:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I don't think it feels like a cash grab. I think the whole way they're going about it is a smart use of getting as much as they can out of the license, if that makes sense. Everybody was expecting before this was announced that Spider-Man 2 would be next straight up, probably with playing as both Peter and Miles. It was a great decision to give Miles his own spotlight to shine before that like Peter did with the previous game. From a storytelling perspective it's pretty smart to have that space, continuing to push the overall narratives further, using that "spin-off title" thing to its advantage in that regard instead of being prequel territory like Arkham Origins.
    To be honest I feel like the developers would've been hamstrung trying to make two fully fleshed out playable Spider-Men work from a gameplay and narrative perspective, so I think it's good that they're giving Miles his own game.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest I feel like the developers would've been hamstrung trying to make two fully fleshed out playable Spider-Men work from a gameplay and narrative perspective, so I think it's good that they're giving Miles his own game.
    They should eventually have two fully playable Spider-Men, but there's nothing wrong with Miles and Peter having similar mechanics. After all, they mostly have the same power set.

Um...Shattered Dimensions and Edge of Time?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    TBF the plots of those games were pretty barebones. They want to make the narrative engaging.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    They should eventually have two fully playable Spider-Men, but there's nothing wrong with Miles and Peter having similar mechanics. After all, they mostly have the same power set.
    I mean, they have two fully playable Spider-Men, just in their own games.

The next game is probably going to focus back on Peter and connect back to Osborn, the Symbiotes, and Harry. Between all that story stuff, evolving Peter's gameplay, implementing the Symbiotes and such I'm not sure if they would be able to incorporate Miles with the same kind of character depth and importance he's getting in his own game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    Edge of Time is close but the structure of that game is entirely different from how Insomniac handles their games.

Beenox was severely underrated as far as Spider-Man developers go though.

Amazing Member

Perhaps they would've been with an in-depth combat system. But as of now, I don't see it given how basic the combat was in SMPS4 and Miles from the looks of things.

Perhaps they would've been with an in-depth combat system. But as of now, I don't see it given how basic the combat was in SMPS4 and Miles from the looks of things.
    I mean, Miles seems to have a fairly different enough playstyle with Peter that i imagine will be upgrade able in its own system, but that's just how it looks to me.

I don't think we're going to get a Gotham Knights scenario with the Spider-Man games.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I don't think we're going to get a Gotham Knights scenario with the Spider-Man games.
    I mean for one, the same development team is working on this follow up rather than passing it off to a different team & studio entirely.

Because of the scale of Spider-Man, I think people expecting some massive overhaul in the open world or combat even for the proper sequel are setting their expectations too high.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Amazing Member

I mean, Miles seems to have a fairly different enough playstyle with Peter that i imagine will be upgrade able in its own system, but that's just how it looks to me.

I highly doubt Miles would be excluded from the sequels(s), but if they were somehow struggling to get 2 characters playable, then they were not the right devs to take on this job.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I mean for one, the same development team is working on this follow up rather than passing it off to a different team & studio entirely.

Because of the scale of Spider-Man, I think people expecting some massive overhaul in the open world or combat even for the proper sequel are setting their expectations too high.
    That's just the nature of game sequels, you're gonna have to go above and beyond than your predecessor if you want your game to be worth more than some overpriced, glorified expansion pack. Whether it's a drastic artstyle change, new setting, expansion of the sandbox and/or reinvention of the gameplay.
    Last edited by CosmicGoji; 09-17-2020 at 11:33 AM.

I highly doubt Miles would be excluded from the sequels(s), but if they were somehow struggling to get 2 characters playable, then they were not the right devs to take on this job.
    I don't expect Miles to be excluded any more than Peter will be in this game but this game is setting him up to have his own stuff going on as Spider-Man, so unless the next game is meant as a conclusion to the trilogy by bringing Peter and Miles' stories together (which I guess they could do), I think they'll focus more on Peter.

Astonishing Member

How many villains do you think will be in the game? Superhero games are surprisingly sparse with villain fights; mostly just fighting mooks.