Page 89 of 104 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1556

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    It looks like Prowler will be this games version of the Taskmaster challenges. At 7:18.

That's certainly an interesting choice. Got to wonder if his role will be that large in the story itself or just contained to these side missions.

It looks like Prowler will be this games version of the Taskmaster challenges. At 7:18.

That doesn't necessarily mean that he's like Taskmaster. It could be a recurring side boss, which would be my preference, and leads into the main story.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I think he was "gone" because both the "good" and "bad" sides really hated Norman, so Martin just didn't have much of a reason to, well, be Martin to **** over Norman.

Question is, what would he even do in Miles' game? Still want revenge against Norman? Find some new objective? Just be a generic villain for Miles to have someone to be pissed at who made him suffer?
    I assume he'll just become a normal crime boss now.

That doesn't mean it's a challenge though, we only know of this one icon, and it's possible it's a main mission, kinda like how Grand Theft Auto gives different icons to main missions, guy in the video even says he doesn't know the kind of mission it's gonna be.

Plus, if it's a challenge, it'd be weird to only have Prowler's face, 'cause in the previous game, challenges had different icons to indicate the kind of challenges they are... Though if it's a challenge, maybe it's different from Taskmaster's in the sense that you can choose to fight Aaron, since Taskmaster just decides to show up once you've done a certain amount of challenges, and that icon means you can fight him whenever.

So yeah, so far, whatever those missions are, we still don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I assume he'll just become a normal crime boss now.
    That'd probably fall under "generic villain", and that'd suck, he was cool in the game, and it's too bad Otto takes over the plot.

That'd probably fall under "generic villain", and that'd suck, he was cool in the game, and it's too bad Otto takes over the plot.
    It would depend on how they'd handle it. I mean, after everything that he's gone through and what he's done...all the people dead, fighting Spider-Man, torching his entire life as Martin Li, he really doesn't have much of a life left other than to be a criminal and Supervillain, and Osborn's crimes were already exposed so other than trying to get direct revenge again there isn't much left for him other than leading the Inner Demons. It would definitely feel pertinent to Miles if he's gone full Supervillain.

I mean, I was expecting the villain twist the whole time and the game had a really good take on Otto, so I was pretty happy with how they handled Negative alongside that. I think they gave him enough of his due given he was one of the main bad guys, if not main villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would depend on how they'd handle it. I mean, after everything that he's gone through and what he's done...all the people dead, fighting Spider-Man, torching his entire life as Martin Li, he really doesn't have much of a life left other than to be a criminal and Supervillain, and Osborn's crimes were already exposed so other than trying to get direct revenge again there isn't much left for him other than leading the Inner Demons. It would definitely feel pertinent to Miles if he's gone full Supervillain.
    He was one of the most interesting parts of the game, just don't want him to go from that to some other villain.

I mean, I was expecting the villain twist the whole time and the game had a really good take on Otto, so I was pretty happy with how they handled Negative alongside that. I think they gave him enough of his due given he was one of the main bad guys, if not main villain.
    It was surprising how much screen time he got, while Otto taking over was inevitable, Martin is the main threat for like, 80% of the game, and got plenty of development to boot, and considering we have other classic Spidey villains around, with him still having essentially the most screen time, yeah, game was good for Martin lol.

He was one of the most interesting parts of the game, just don't want him to go from that to some other villain.
    I don't see it that way, just as a possibly conclusion to his development in the first game, but it might be moot if he's not even in it .

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    That'd be cool if he's a new aspiring crime boss in the game. One of the GameInformer interviews mentioned how the Tinkerer's group of younger techy criminals are one of the big groups trying to take advantage of the power vacuum. I can't imagine they're the only ones.
    That Would be interesting I’d be down for that idea

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

It feels weird how obsessed with suits we’ve become.

BANNED

So reviews are up with very limited spoilers. But from what I read so far I am not that excited. It seems the focus is on introducing Miles supporting cast and the main antagonist is the Roxxon corporation. And Roxxon is just so dull! The only interesting part of them is Dario their magic Minotaur ceo (if he shows up this is my game of the year) but it seems from the reviews that the game will be focusing a lot on smaller stories and not big villains. So I will wait for a sale.

Hope they release a soundtrack for this game. This is hands down the first PS5 game I will absolutely platinum!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    It feels weird how obsessed with suits we’ve become.
    Clothes make the man . . . or the Spider-Man, in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    So reviews are up with very limited spoilers. But from what I read so far I am not that excited. It seems the focus is on introducing Miles supporting cast and the main antagonist is the Roxxon corporation. And Roxxon is just so dull! The only interesting part of them is Dario their magic Minotaur ceo (if he shows up this is my game of the year) but it seems from the reviews that the game will be focusing a lot on smaller stories and not big villains. So I will wait for a sale.
    That's fine, though I think smaller, more personal stories that get into the nitty-gritty of who these characters are and why they do what they do, not to mention why our hero/protagonist cares about them in the first place (and why we should care as well), can add emotional resonance to what would otherwise be another superhero story if done well. That said, yeah, it'd have been cool to see Dario Agger, especially given that his character in the comics and Insomniac's version of Roxxon Energy Corp both play on the same themes of the corruption (that can be) inherent in the accumulation of great wealth and how great wealth can end up shielding even the worst wrongdoers from meaningful repercussions for their misdeeds. Plus, he'd be a great boss fight, like Rhino, but smarter and more devious . . . and also able to "hide" as an allegedly respectable member of society.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Clothes make the man . . . or the Spider-Man, in this case.

That's fine, though I think smaller, more personal stories that get into the nitty-gritty of who these characters are and why they do what they do, not to mention why our hero/protagonist cares about them in the first place (and why we should care as well), can add emotional resonance to what would otherwise be another superhero story if done well. That said, yeah, it'd have been cool to see Dario Agger, especially given that his character in the comics and Insomniac's version of Roxxon Energy Corp both play on the same themes of the corruption (that can be) inherent in the accumulation of great wealth and how great wealth can end up shielding even the worst wrongdoers from meaningful repercussions for their misdeeds. Plus, he'd be a great boss fight, like Rhino, but smarter and more devious . . . and also able to "hide" as an allegedly respectable member of society.
    Personally I find Spider-Man (both miles and Peter) really dull characters who are most interesting when given large conflicts to overcome so I really hope we get a strong antagonist and not just his uncle again ugh