Page 90 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1556

I don't recognize the Rider one.

Armored Advanced, is that like the next version of that Anti-Otto suit, as far as armored suits go?

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    It feels weird how obsessed with suits we’ve become.
    Considering how many iconic suits Spidey has, and others that aren't iconic but are really liked, and how many are in this game, it's not surprising really lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That's fine, though I think smaller, more personal stories that get into the nitty-gritty of who these characters are and why they do what they do, not to mention why our hero/protagonist cares about them in the first place (and why we should care as well), can add emotional resonance to what would otherwise be another superhero story if done well. That said, yeah, it'd have been cool to see Dario Agger, especially given that his character in the comics and Insomniac's version of Roxxon Energy Corp both play on the same themes of the corruption (that can be) inherent in the accumulation of great wealth and how great wealth can end up shielding even the worst wrongdoers from meaningful repercussions for their misdeeds. Plus, he'd be a great boss fight, like Rhino, but smarter and more devious . . . and also able to "hide" as an allegedly respectable member of society.
    Wonder how Dario's bull transformation would be adapted, 'cause while Dr. Strange is said to exist, I doubt Dario would keep the magic origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    It's a tribute to Kamen Rider I believe.

Ultimate Member

It feels weird how obsessed with suits we’ve become.
    Because that is how you get a TON of toys on the shelves.

Along with variant jackets as Ebay has shown up.

At least Peter and Miles are actually WEARING and USING those clothes unlike all the variants outfits of Spidey that never made the screen yet got toys.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Because that is how you get a TON of toys on the shelves.

Along with variant jackets as Ebay has shown up.

At least Peter and Miles are actually WEARING and USING those clothes unlike all the variants outfits of Spidey that never made the screen yet got toys.
    Were there any toys for the Insomniac stuff? Other than Funko's.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Were there any toys for the Insomniac stuff? Other than Funko's.
    Besides the various merchandises (T-Shirts, Mugs, Wallets, Sweaters)... the most noticeable toys are from Hasbro's Marvel Legends Series.

They released 6 inch Insomniac's Advanced Suit figure as Gamestop Exclusive, under the brand named Gamerverse.

They also released Velocity Suit and Spider-Armor III Suit 6 inch figure as the Gamerverse Brand.

Also, I believed Diamond Figure also released Advanced Suit 7 inch figure as well.

Furhermore, various companies have released non-posable figures for PS4 Spider-Man.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    Personally I find Spider-Man (both miles and Peter) really dull characters who are most interesting when given large conflicts to overcome so I really hope we get a strong antagonist and not just his uncle again ugh
    That's certainly a take.

Armored Advanced, is that like the next version of that Anti-Otto suit, as far as armored suits go?

Considering how many iconic suits Spidey has, and others that aren't iconic but are really liked, and how many are in this game, it's not surprising really lol.

Wonder how Dario's bull transformation would be adapted, 'cause while Dr. Strange is said to exist, I doubt Dario would keep the magic origin.
    The Arachnid Rider, as Frontier said, is likely a homage to Kamen Rider and also a reference to the influence Spider-Man's Japanese live-action TV series has had on the tokusatsu genre, specifically Super Sentai/Power Rangers and their use of giant robots to fight giant monsters. The Armored Advanced Suit, though, feels like a further-upgraded version of the Advanced Suit. As for Dario Agger, could just credit his minotaur transformation to genetic manipulation a la Ultimate Spider-Man's version of Norman Osborn/Green Goblin.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Astonishing Member

That's fine, though I think smaller, more personal stories that get into the nitty-gritty of who these characters are and why they do what they do, not to mention why our hero/protagonist cares about them in the first place (and why we should care as well), can add emotional resonance to what would otherwise be another superhero story if done well. That said, yeah, it'd have been cool to see Dario Agger, especially given that his character in the comics and Insomniac's version of Roxxon Energy Corp both play on the same themes of the corruption (that can be) inherent in the accumulation of great wealth and how great wealth can end up shielding even the worst wrongdoers from meaningful repercussions for their misdeeds. Plus, he'd be a great boss fight, like Rhino, but smarter and more devious . . . and also able to "hide" as an allegedly respectable member of society.
    I always felt like making the PS4 game “small” was its flaw, as it makes you wonder why Dr. Octopus and Mr. Negative bothered to include so many innocents in their vendetta.

Having a “big” plot, justifies the big conflict that they’re doing rather than making it feel overinflated.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I feel like Peter's new face model would be fine if he were fresh out of high school and not an adult training an actual teenager.

That and not looking so eerily like Tom Holland.
    I always felt like making the PS4 game “small” was its flaw, as it makes you wonder why Dr. Octopus and Mr. Negative bothered to include so many innocents in their vendetta.

Having a “big” plot, justifies the big conflict that they’re doing rather than making it feel overinflated.
    Well, they were both delusional maniacs...honestly, I feel like the plot was as big as you expect Spider-Man to be, since it starts out as just a normal everyday Tuesday for Spider-Man before escalating into a gang war, before escalating into a threat to the entire city.

It's a tribute to Kamen Rider I believe.
    So in other words, PS4 Spidey stole Anya's carapace .

The Arachnid Rider, as Frontier said, is likely a homage to Kamen Rider and also a reference to the influence Spider-Man's Japanese live-action TV series has had on the tokusatsu genre, specifically Super Sentai/Power Rangers and their use of giant robots to fight giant monsters. The Armored Advanced Suit, though, feels like a further-upgraded version of the Advanced Suit.
    Some parts of it are clearly armored, so I don't think it's just some upgrade, it kinda looks like the Spider-Armors that Spidey usually got in the comics.

Wonder if he'll use it at any point in Miles' game, or maybe in the next one.

As for Dario Agger, could just credit his minotaur transformation to genetic manipulation a la Ultimate Spider-Man's version of Norman Osborn/Green Goblin.
    That'd be the easy way to do it I guess.

Could also be like Rhino where he just uses an armored suit, but maybe it'd be too much, 'cause not only we already have Rhino, who is in Miles' game, we also have Oscorp developing armored tech... So yeah, maybe a freak accident could be the way to go...

Another one that could work is separating both of those Dario's traits, he still is a corrupt businessman, but the minotaur is some mutated animal he decided to have as a pet for shits and giggles.

That's a nice moment.

Peter's face looks better than the remastered version, but still looks a bit weird... Also looks rather youthful, but that's not unusual, plenty of people out there who look older or younger than they actually are.

To be fair, Otto and Martin are hardly that rational, or empathetic, to end up thinking "Hm, maybe I shouldn't nuke the city in search of revenge", which is part of what makes them so dangerous, two people who could've done great things for the world, but couldn't let go of their grudges.

Well, they were both delusional maniacs...honestly, I feel like the plot was as big as you expect Spider-Man to be, since it starts out as just a normal everyday Tuesday for Spider-Man before escalating into a gang war, before escalating into a threat to the entire city.
    And that's kinda how Spidey's usual "big" threats go too, even stories like Ends of the Earth.

That's a nice moment.

Peter's face looks better than the remastered version, but still looks a bit weird... Also looks rather youthful, but that's not unusual, plenty of people out there who look older or younger than they actually are.
    For me he just looks too young for the type of character and experience level Insomniac is trying to portray him with. I don't really care if that's how young actual 23 year olds look, it just doesn't work for me in the game.

BANNED

For me he just looks too young for the type of character and experience level Insomniac is trying to portray him with. I don't really care if that's how young actual 23 year olds look, it just doesn't work for me in the game.
    Peter started slinging at 15, not 19 or 20. He's got no reason to look like he's in list late 20s or early 30s like he did with the last face model. For most, 22-23 is just out of college, which is the look the new face model has.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 11-08-2020 at 04:41 PM.

Peter started slinging at 15, not 19 or 20. He's got no reason to look like he's in list late 20s or early 30s like he did with the last face model. For most, 22-23 is just out of college, which is the look the new face model has.
    Again, for me it's not a matter of whether it's realistic or not, it's a matter of whether his look fits the way he's portrayed in the game and how he is meant to come off as, especially in relation to Miles.

This new face just doesn't do that for me.

Heck, it would make sense that all the stress of being Spider-Man would prematurely age him .

Again, for me it's not a matter of whether it's realistic or not, it's a matter of whether his look fits the way he's portrayed in the game and how he is meant to come off as, especially in relation to Miles.

This new face just doesn't do that for me.

Heck, it would make sense that all the stress of being Spider-Man would prematurely age him .
    He's meant to be superhuman though, I doubt it's even physically possible for him to age through stress.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    He's meant to be superhuman though, I doubt it's even physically possible for him to age through stress.
    Superheroes do have good genes .