Page 92 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1556

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Him and Miles don't look like they have 8 years between them. But more importantly, the reason it was done and the PR response to it are more off-putting than the design itself.

They changed him to look more like Tom Holland for brand reasons, gave a condescending excuse as to why they did it, and revealed the new design so close to the release date there was nothing they could've done to change it.

The new face is a reminder that Sony thinks/expects you will buy the remastered version no matter what. The poor-taste in which they acted in this case will affect people's view of the actual product.
    Just because you don't believe the reason that they changed the face doesn't mean it wasn't the reason. The reasoning you gave sounds like you took the face redesign way too seriously and then moaned and complained that Insomniac didn't do it exactly how you wanted it. In other words, it's a typical fanboy reaction.

I mean, I don't think I'm taking it too seriously, I just don't this face works for the version of Peter in this game...especially with Miles in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, I don't think I'm taking it too seriously, I just don't this face works for the version of Peter in this game...especially with Miles in it.
    But you and Kaitou act like you can't fathom why they'd change the face when it's not a big deal. And you, Frontier, don't really change from what I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    But you and Kaitou act like you can't fathom why they'd change the face when it's not a big deal. And you, Frontier, don't really change from what I've seen.
    From a practical perspective I understand why they did it, but from a personal standpoint I just don't really feel like the face they went with works as far as this version of Peter is concerned.

But that's just me.

From a practical perspective I understand why they did it, but from a personal standpoint I just don't really feel like the face they went with works as far as this version of Peter is concerned.

But that's just me.
    What face works then?

What face works then?
    Is it cheating to say the old one ?

Is it cheating to say the old one ?
    I still think it's a weird complaint. There have been hundreds of faces for this dude across 50+ years. One more won't kill us.

iMan 42s

Part of it for me is that the last game was a year and some change ago meaning that for me Peter looks like John Bubniak. It really wasn't that long ago Spider-man PS4 came out so a recasting is going to be at least a little jarring.

The recast also looks a bit like Tom Holland which while not proven wouldn't be unlikely given Marvel does promote brand synergy. It might not be because of Tom Holland but it's long established that the company will favor things looking a bit consistent.

This was presumably made with the remaster in mind and I find the whole thing about the remaster silly considering PS4 games (or at least most of them) will run on PS5. Also Spider-man PS4 is still playable but for those interested in it, wouldn't they just use existing hardware to play it rather than a console nobody presently can buy? Ignoring the scalpers and the buy up, early consoles are always pricy and have BS on it. So why spend the development time on something most people have already played, is easier to play on existing hardware, and instead focus on the newer title? You don't have to show Peter unmasked either and it's not like Bubniak wasn't working.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I still think it's a weird complaint. There have been hundreds of faces for this dude across 50+ years. One more won't kill us.
    I know, and again I'm not saying it doesn't look like Peter, but it just doesn't look like Insomniac Peter to me.

Astonishing Member

Just because you don't believe the reason that they changed the face doesn't mean it wasn't the reason. The reasoning you gave sounds like you took the face redesign way too seriously and then moaned and complained that Insomniac didn't do it exactly how you wanted it. In other words, it's a typical fanboy reaction.
    I literally can't complain that "they didn't do it exactly how I wanted it", and for two reasons. The first is that we are talking about a remastered version, meaning it was already done. The second is that I was never crazy about the Insomniac character designs in the first place. They're pretty plain-looking and don't have their own stylized look like the Arkham games do. If I took the designs too seriously in the first place, I wouldn't have been as big of a fan of the game as I actually am.

I'm suspicious of it because it's suspicious. The thing they supposedly had a problem with is something AAA developers do literally all the time (see Ellie in The Last of Us Part II).
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 11-10-2020 at 11:30 PM.

BANNED

I literally can't complain that "they didn't do it exactly how I wanted it", and for two reasons. The first is that we are talking about a remastered version, meaning it was already done. The second is that I was never crazy about the Insomniac character designs in the first place. They're pretty plain-looking and don't have their own stylized look like the Arkham games do. If I took the designs too seriously in the first place, I wouldn't have been as big of a fan of the game as I actually am.

I'm suspicious of it because it's suspicious. The thing they supposedly had a problem with is something AAA developers do literally all the time (see Ellie in The Last of US Part II).
    I agree with Kaitou here.

The redesign of Peter has for the most part killed my enthusiasm for the coming Insomniac Games. I have my copy of the PS4, I am keeping that. I am not gonna say I won't play the sequel games or check out Miles Morales...but I'm not gonna wait for bated breath for it either.

I'd say they still look better than the character designs in the Avengers game in my opinion.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks New Peter looks younger than Miles lol
    No. Prefer the old model.

Personally, the original Peter face always looked kinda ugly to me, and I always assumed that was the real reason. I know a lot of people think it made him look mature, but he never really clicked with me and his design always bothered me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    Personally, the original Peter face always looked kinda ugly to me, and I always assumed that was the real reason. I know a lot of people think it made him look mature, but he never really clicked with me and his design always bothered me.
    I agree with this. I definitely think they wanted a better looking Peter Parker.