Page 94 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1556
    Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    Phin Mason. And thus we have yet another in name only adaptation of a character. Might as well have created something unique for Miles so that he can actually have his own mythos.
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I find the face kind of distracting, but as i said before, i'll get over it eventually. I still don't believe their reason, but i'm not gonna be too mad about it.
    Please remind me, what was the reason for the face change?

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Please remind me, what was the reason for the face change?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Verge
    Insomniac Games says that the change is because the new face model, Ben Jordan, is a “better match” for Peter Parker/Spider-Man voice actor Yuri Lowenthal’s facial capture.
    Basically, they wanted a new face model that matched Yuri Lowenthal's facial capture/voice acting for Peter.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    spoilers:
    Phin Mason. And thus we have yet another in name only adaptation of a character. Might as well have created something unique for Miles so that he can actually have his own mythos.
    end of spoilers
    You do know a name is just a name, This person is a Miles character now, just like Spider Gwen is a kid and only been with Miles, not Peter. Anyway the game is epic, I like Miles swinging and fighting way more than Peters. story is solid too

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by superheat View Post
    You do know a name is just a name, This person is a Miles character now, just like Spider Gwen is a kid and only been with Miles, not Peter. Anyway the game is epic, I like Miles swinging and fighting way more than Peters. story is solid too
    So if Miles were to start dating someone named Mary Jane Watson, it’d be ok?

It doesn’t help that the plot feels a lot like a retread of the first game.

Astonishing Member

I think comparing Mary Jane to the Tinkerer is a bit of a stretch.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I think comparing Mary Jane to the Tinkerer is a bit of a stretch.
    I was trying to avoid spoilers, but oh well.

As was said previously, they’re just names; anyone can use them./s

It ultimately just says that no one cares about the Tinkerer, and they might as well have just created a new character all together.

Spectacular Member

If Miles dated some one names Mary Jane it would not matter because it would be a new Mary Jane, just like the Gwen Miles was dating is not Peters Gwen, this new Gwen is a child to Peter.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by superheat View Post
    If Miles dated some one names Mary Jane it would not matter because it would be a new Mary Jane, just like the Gwen Miles was dating is not Peters Gwen, this new Gwen is a child to Peter.
    While I could understand this...I will say that it makes Miles feel like a knockoff of Peter when all he gets are knockoffs of things related to Peter. (Though Miles might as well steal MCU MJ since MCU Peter stole Ganke). Even Prowler was a hand me down from Peter's Spider-Man (despite being different characters under the mask).

Astonishing Member

Starling is arguably a great Miles Morales villain and supporting character. She is completely original while having enough parallels to some of Peter's villains (Vulture, Black Cat). Props to Saladin Ahmed for creating her.

spoilers:
    So a new villain on the block attacks a pep rally that the protagonist is attending and then it turns out the villain is actually someone the protagonist knows in their civilian lives and that their crimes are motivated by revenge because of something a shady corporate executive did to their family.

Where have I seen this plot before?
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Starling is arguably a great Miles Morales villain and supporting character. She is completely original while having enough parallels to some of Peter's villains (Vulture, Black Cat). Props to Saladin Ahmed for creating her.
    She's not even a villain, she just has the attitude of one.

The most villainous thing she's done in the comics is help her grandpa get away from Peter because she didn't know any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    So a new villain on the block attacks a pep rally that the protagonist is attending and then it turns out the villain is actually someone the protagonist knows in their civilian lives and that their crimes are motivated by revenge because of something a shady corporate executive did to their family.

Where have I seen this plot before?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Is the guy called Mister Positive by any chance?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    spoilers:
    Is the guy called Mister Positive by any chance?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I guess you could describe one of the villains that way...
    end of spoilers

Just beat it. Game is solid. Story felt kinda of weak to me in comparison to the first game. The first game had this epic emotional scope to it thats lacking in this game. I mean I still get chills thinking about MJ just jumping off that rooftop taking the gamble that Peter would save. This game misses moments like that.

I really wish the developers would take the time to add some versatility and complexity to the web slinging system. There’s so much missed potential with it such as having L2 and R2 be for web slinging...one for each hand. Another thing is I wish you could continue swinging without being forced to release your line and jump each time. Again it’s just so disheartening to see the wasted opportunity for the web slinging system because there’s so much more you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Just beat it. Game is solid. Story felt kinda of weak to me in comparison to the first game. The first game had this epic emotional scope to it thats lacking in this game. I mean I still get chills thinking about MJ just jumping off that rooftop taking the gamble that Peter would save. This game misses moments like that.

I really wish the developers would take the time to add some versatility and complexity to the web slinging system. There’s so much missed potential with it such as having L2 and R2 be for web slinging...one for each hand. Another thing is I wish you could continue swinging without being forced to release your line and jump each time. Again it’s just so disheartening to see the wasted opportunity for the web slinging system because there’s so much more you can do.
    Yeah, I agree that the story elements are lacking. The best game analogy I can come up with is a reverse-Red Dead Redemption effect: RDR II was even more epic story-wise than was RDR whereas this game is less epic story-wise than was the first, disappointing. Don't get me wrong it's still a solid game just not the phenomenal experience the original was.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."