Page 95 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1556

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Yeah, I agree that the story elements are lacking. The best game analogy I can come up with is a reverse-Red Dead Redemption effect: RDR II was even more epic story-wise than was RDR whereas this game is less epic story-wise than was the first, disappointing. Don't get me wrong it's still a solid game just not the phenomenal experience the original was.
    Pretty much my verdict. Good game. Solid. Far from bad but not on the level of the first game. There’s so many points in the original where I was on the edge of my seat wondering what would happen next. You literally felt Peters struggle and that’s just really missing in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Pretty much my verdict. Good game. Solid. Far from bad but not on the level of the first game. There’s so many points in the original where I was on the edge of my seat wondering what would happen next. You literally felt Peters struggle and that’s just really missing in this game.
    Exactly, I do wonder what went "wrong" (for lack of a better term)? Maybe the DLC storyline(s) will be epic I suppose. Right now the story is, well, meh which is very disappointing for me as a Miles fan especially after Peter received top-notch treatment last time around....
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

As people have pointed out to me, this is just a spin-off game, not Spider-Man 2.

It's mostly just supposed to be a demo for Miles' gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    As people have pointed out to me, this is just a spin-off game, not Spider-Man 2.

It's mostly just supposed to be a demo for Miles' gameplay.
    I sincerely hope so. *crosses fingers they are correct*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I sincerely hope so. *crosses fingers they are correct*
    I am extremely curious as to how they'll handle two Spider-Man.

I hope they won't pull a "Batman: Arkham" where the two are never in the same place at the same time.

I am extremely curious as to how they'll handle two Spider-Man.

I hope they won't pull a "Batman: Arkham" where the two are never in the same place at the same time.
    I'm expecting the next game is going to focus on Peter while Miles is busy with stuff in Harlem, especially when the plot will be more personal for Peter. Then maybe we get Miles Morales 2.

I guess they could do it like Gotham Knights where you can switch between protagonists but I'm not sure I see that working from a narrative perspective for these games.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm expecting the next game is going to focus on Peter while Miles is busy with stuff in Harlem, especially when the plot will be more personal for Peter. Then maybe we get Miles Morales 2.

I guess they could do it like Gotham Knights where you can switch between protagonists but I'm not sure I see that working from a narrative perspective for these games.
    How about they have them working together like partners? I know that's a strange concept for Marvel to grasp, but it'd still be nice to see.

How about they have them working together like partners? I know that's a strange concept for Marvel to grasp, but it'd still be nice to see.
    It feels like the game is setting that up to be their off-screen dynamic (at least in my opinion).

My dream is for Spider-Man 3 to be this epic adventure where you can either choose 3 different stories or use 3 different characters in the form of Peter, Miles and Venom. Basically GTA V but with superheroes though that's probably very unlikely. I am allowed to dream.

That said, I honestly am in the minority and I enjoyed this game a bit more than the 2018. I think it's, yeah, a spin-off, but the experience is tighter and more focused than the 2018 one. Also I liked the story a bit better here too, but that's because Miles aesthetic, supporting cast and general feel spoke to me more personally than Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    My dream is for Spider-Man 3 to be this epic adventure where you can either choose 3 different stories or use 3 different characters in the form of Peter, Miles and Venom. Basically GTA V but with superheroes though that's probably very unlikely. I am allowed to dream.

That said, I honestly am in the minority and I enjoyed this game a bit more than the 2018. I think it's, yeah, a spin-off, but the experience is tighter and more focused than the 2018 one. Also I liked the story a bit better here too, but that's because Miles aesthetic, supporting cast and general feel spoke to me more personally than Peter.
    And when you change to Venom, sometimes, you might bones alongside the bed. You really hope that they aren't human ones.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    And when you change to Venom, sometimes, you might bones alongside the bed. You really hope that they aren't human ones.
    In other words, Venom is Trevor.

I wonder if they're saving introducing Gwen for the next Peter game. Set up the spinoff or legacy characters after establishing them with the main hero.

I wonder if they're saving introducing Gwen for the next Peter game. Set up the spinoff or legacy characters after establishing them with the main hero.
    I would definitively not be against a "Spider-Man: Ghost-Spider" videogame at all.

Not that far fetched, 'cause this idea of yours' is basically Ultimate Spider-Man with a third playable character, and while it's not an open world game and it uses alternate universes, Shattered Dimensions does have 4 Spider-Men, most are Peter, but it shows that games can be okay with multiple Spider-People, so again, not that far fetched, maybe far fetched for Insomniac though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Maybe it's just KFC .

I would definitively not be against a "Spider-Man: Ghost-Spider" videogame at all.
    That's a waste of a game, how about Spider-Man: Spider-Cat instead?

Anyways, if Gwen were to get a game, then if Miles is any hint, she'd need to debut first as a normal person, then get bitten by some spider or whatever, but I honestly think just Peter and Miles are enough, if other Spiders were to show up, then maybe have them being active independently from Peter and Miles and already have the powers, like Jessica, and even then maybe not take over anything, let those two have their game franchise lol.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 11-14-2020 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    That's a waste of a game, how about Spider-Man: Spider-Cat instead?

Anyways, if Gwen were to get a game, then if Miles is any hint, she'd need to debut first as a normal person, then get bitten by some spider or whatever, but I honestly think just Peter and Miles are enough, if other Spiders were to show up, then maybe have them being active independently from Peter and Miles and already have the powers, like Jessica, and even then maybe not take over anything, let those two have their game franchise lol.
    They would likely do it how they did it for Miles to where they get the initial setup of Peter training Gwen but then she gets out on her own adventure while Peter is busy with stuff and Miles is in Harlem.