Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Anything that ran with new ideas would be good, as long as it doesn't get too bombastic.

I don't think DC will ever do a book saying what is specifically canon and not canon because they aren't really sure what is canon anymore or how things specifically happened. I don't even see Doomsday Clock fixing that. They will just take elements here and there from what they think happened and sort of go from there, more of a loose continuity approach.

Morrison? Absolutely not.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    It sort of depends. If all you ever tell are self-contained stories a la the Golden Age or episodic tales a la BATMAN '66, then continuity may in fact not matter. If you're telling extended stories that depend upon plot points and characterization building upon themselves over a longer period, then you're obliged to maintain the continuity to serve that purpose.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Agreed on both counts, but creating a definitive document chronicling it rather than tell stories is pretty much against what Morrison seems to want to do.

I personally just have my own idea of the rebirth continuity where post-86 stuff I like happened until they prove otherwise. It works for me, I guess.

BANNED

No. Given Morrison has a bit of a history of taking certain topics too far...unless someone limits this, then no.

NO.
    He will turn that in one of his uncomprehending metashit. Anyone but him.

Ok anyone but him and Bendis

BANNED

Can you imagine Geoff Johns writing this? He'd make it five thousand pages long and would take ten years to finish it. He'd change details down to the color of people's eyes.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 04-05-2018 at 01:46 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Morrison? A hardcover book would be overkill for a single page with two words:

Everything happened.
    Or we get 512 pages on what every secondary and tertiary character (who weren't even in the books) was doing during Crisis X, with none of our questions actually answered.

Grant would be my choice. But I don’t think he would want to write an official history. He’s the one who likes to say that everything happened in some way. I’ve always loved that.

I would rather just see Multiversity Too. He can help flesh out the Multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Morrison? A hardcover book would be overkill for a single page with two words:

Everything happened.
    This.

10 Char

I would love the book and idea, but it would be better as a team book. Reunite the 52 team Rucka, Morrison, Waid, and Johns they all seem to have good knowledge on the DCU and they already proven they can work great as a unit.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Given Morrison has always shown a preference for Hypertime, in which all stories happened, but different elements flow in and out of the main stream depending upon the prevailing winds of the timestream (AKA DC Editorial)