View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Analog #1 [series premiere]

3 25.00%
  • Black Cloud #8

0 0%
  • Elsewhere #6

0 0%
  • God Complex #5

0 0%
  • I Hate Fairyland #18

0 0%
  • Isola #1 [series premiere]

2 16.67%
  • Motor Crush #11

1 8.33%
  • Ringside #15

1 8.33%
  • Scales & Scoundrels #8

1 8.33%
  • Sex Criminals #23

0 0%
  • Snotgirl #10

1 8.33%
  • Spawn #284

0 0%
  • The Walking Dead #178

3 25.00%
  • The Wicked + The Divine #35

0 0%

Default Weekly Image poll #14 - Analog reading in Isola-tion

Waddup gang, let's chat comics!

So last week wasn't too big I suppose, but SURELY this time around it'll be more crowded here haha! For what it's worth though, Black Magick equaled with Saga for the most amount of votes. Two each, but hey!

This week more comics are releasing though, amongst those are: a reprint of Gideon Fall's debut, the finales to the current storylines in Motor Crush, Snotgirl and Ringside, and the return of Violator to Spawn with a new powerset.

New this week:
    - Analog is set five years from now, when all of Internet security has been completely cracked. This means that once again, secretive messages like those left by us dorks on message boards, are being sent per courier. Analog messages in briefcases, some of them very important and secretive... I smell a spy thriller! Good premise too, let's hope this one's good.

-Isola is launching at last, following a couple of preview pages in the last few issues of Motor Crush. Believe this one was slated for Spring last year, so seeing it finally emerge will hopefully prove worth the wait. The solicitations claim it's worth reading for fans of Studio Ghibli, which I imagine encompasses practically everyone on Earth.

306318.jpg 306320.jpg

I checked out Isola. I'll forever love those dudes for their Flash story in Wednesday Comics, but this was a little to fantasy for me. It's gorgeous as hell, but I'm not much of a fantasy guy.

Spawn still has great art from Jason Alexander, but I've stopped actually reading it.

Walking Dead was good, so I guess by default it wins the vote?

For me it was a tie between Analog and Isola, since Isola had a vote and no one had picked Analog yet I went ahead and chose that.

Paper Girls trade only this week. It's almost like I don't read that much Image or something.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

i voted for Analog, even though I haven't read it yet... but, astoundingly, it's the only Image title I picked up this week. More, once I've read it, hopefully tonight!
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Kinda split between Isola and Snotgirl, voted for the former as a way of encouragement because it took so long to get here haha. It's a decent first issue, bit too sparse maybe still?
    Snotgirl was good this week, good jokes and the trippy mushroom sequence was nicely done too. Great book all around.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Glad I chose to vote for Analog, this week: pretty darn solid opening issue set in an open-internet world where couriers of physical documents are highly paid, high-risk agents for hire, and this story is about one of the toughest around, and his dad. This looks to be an SF-tinged hard-boiled hero story, with professional artwork and equally solid word work, neither of which individual or sparkling, but together work confidently and competently.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Snotgirl was my choice this week.
    Give me Brexit or give me death.

Fantastic Member

Picked up Isola and Analog variants at a convention this past weekend. Isola's art was breathtaking, but I just fell in love with Analog's premise and the writing was superb, so it gets my vote!