Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Will PJ Now Be Restricted On What Powers WW Can Portray?

Given the dismal showings on how she used her powers in JL against Superman and some fight scenes with steppenwolf.

Also, I was wondering, before Superman intercepted her, was she trying to shockwave her with lightning? Because what would that wave do to Superman, but maybe with lightning yes?

TT

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Theo View Post
    Given the dismal showings on how she used her powers in JL against Superman and some fight scenes with steppenwolf.

Also, I was wondering, before Superman intercepted her, was she trying to shockwave her with lightning? Because what would that wave do to Superman, but maybe with lightning yes?

TT
    They have already restricted Wonder Woman from the very beginning. No flight.

And they made it pretty obvious the relative power levels between Superman and the rest of the league.

Superman>>>>>>>>>>>>>than the rest of the league combined.

BANNED

There is no real indication that WB cares at all about this sort of thing. They have made a lot of noise about movies being largely unconnected and about giving individual directors great freedom.

I'm pretty sure at this point Patty can do whatever she wants with Diana's powersets and everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'm pretty sure at this point Patty can do whatever she wants with Diana's powersets and everything else.
    If you truly believe that to be the case, let's see what she does in the next movie which is supposed to take place in the cold war era and thus, before the BvS or JL movie came out. Will she show/exhibit new powers or just have the powerset we have already seen?

Otherwise, let's say she can fly in her next movie. Why didn't she do so in the previous movies which would take place after the fact?

I think Patty has been restricted in what she can do with Wonder Woman. Stuff like super strength and speed is ok, as long as it doesn't overshadow other heroes like Superman or the Flash. Her 'boosh' attack was first seen in Synder's BvS, so it wasn't something that Patty made her own. Other powers are the hazily defined ones like her levitating and blasting back Ares power and the force field she created that destroyed all the projectiles that came at her. Powers she doesn't have in the comics.

I believe Wonder Woman in the next movie will have all the powers that the script calls for.

I also think that she already overshadows Superman, Flash, and Batman in the most important superpower of all: popularity with the audience.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    There is no real indication that WB cares at all about this sort of thing. They have made a lot of noise about movies being largely unconnected and about giving individual directors great freedom.
    Yes, if they really are concerned with distancing themselves from JL and just putting out self contained movies, I don't think they or the audience will care if there are any inconsistencies.

This is already contradicting Diana's line in BvS about walking away from humanity after WWI. Hell, the first movie did as well, and the line was kind of vague to start with anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    If you truly believe that to be the case, let's see what she does in the next movie which is supposed to take place in the cold war era and thus, before the BvS or JL movie came out. Will she show/exhibit new powers or just have the powerset we have already seen?

Otherwise, let's say she can fly in her next movie. Why didn't she do so in the previous movies which would take place after the fact?

I think Patty has been restricted in what she can do with Wonder Woman. Stuff like super strength and speed is ok, as long as it doesn't overshadow other heroes like Superman or the Flash. Her 'boosh' attack was first seen in Synder's BvS, so it wasn't something that Patty made her own. Other powers are the hazily defined ones like her levitating and blasting back Ares power and the force field she created that destroyed all the projectiles that came at her. Powers she doesn't have in the comics.
    They may not be concerned with a tight continuity anymore considering WW was a success and JL was not. If she flies in this movie and doesn't in the movies that take place after...who cares? Don't dwell on it, let's just move forward.

And even if she doesn't fly, it's not the end of the world. What matters is if the movie is GOOD, and that can be accomplished without a WW who flies (and already has). Whether Superman can do it or not is irrelevant, because he isn't even born yet when this movie takes place, and would be unlikely to be featured even if he was. What she can and cannot do compared to him is irrelevant. My chief concern is them getting WW and Cheetah right, not how strong or fast they are in comparison to heroes who won't even be in this.

We also still don't know for 100% certainty that this movie will take place in the 80's and not the present time.

We also still don't know for 100% certainty that this movie will take place in the 80's and not the present time.
    Yeah, I did use the word supposed in my post. I know nothing is definite until the final product comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yes, if they really are concerned with distancing themselves from JL and just putting out self contained movies, I don't think they or the audience will care if there are any inconsistencies.

This is already contradicting Diana's line in BvS about walking away from humanity after WWI. Hell, the first movie did as well, and the line was kind of vague to start with anyway.

They may not be concerned with a tight continuity anymore considering WW was a success and JL was not. If she flies in this movie and doesn't in the movies that take place after...who cares? Don't dwell on it, let's just move forward.

And even if she doesn't fly, it's not the end of the world. What matters is if the movie is GOOD, and that can be accomplished without a WW who flies (and already has). Whether Superman can do it or not is irrelevant, because he isn't even born yet when this movie takes place, and would be unlikely to be featured even if he was. What she can and cannot do compared to him is irrelevant. My chief concern is them getting WW and Cheetah right, not how strong or fast they are in comparison to heroes who won't even be in this.
    She has already flown in the DCEU? Show me the proof that she flies like Superman or even Cyborg. Because her apparent levitating feat is not what I call flying, not the kind that she does regularly in the comics or animated shows. Unless I am misreading your statement.

I want a fully realized Wonder Woman from the comics, not a depowered female version in the movies. They can take away from a female superhero's arsenal of powers but not a males? I find it funny that more people on this board aren't outraged over this.

I'm pretty sure he meant we've already had a good Wonder Woman movie, not that she has already flown.

I'm pretty sure he meant we've already had a good Wonder Woman movie, not that she has already flown.
    I probably misread the statement. My bad

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

She has already flown in the DCEU? Show me the proof that she flies like Superman or even Cyborg. Because her apparent levitating feat is not what I call flying, not the kind that she does regularly in the comics or animated shows. Unless I am misreading your statement
    Like Nyssane said, I meant that we already have a good WW movie (arguably the only great movie the DCEU has produced) without her flight, not that she's flown already. If the sequel is as good, or hopefully better, her being able to fly in it will be incidental. And her leap into the sunset at the end of the first movie was kind of ambiguous.

Some of us aren't upset over this because we favor Marston's take, and she didn't fly there. I'd honestly be more into her getting an invisible jet somehow, preferable by revealing heretofore unrevealed evidence that the Amazons have technological advancements and they send it to her. Superman's flight came early and never stopped, and was present during his best era in the comics and beyond. Golden Age WW has never been completely topped IMO and she was fully formed there without the need to fly. She didn't start flying until later than Superman, so it's not as intrinsic to her as it is to him, and therefore not everyone considers it as a major element. We wouldn't be opposed to it at all, it's just not a deal breaker for a lot of us. We have other concerns.

I probably misread the statement. My bad
    No worries! I do that all the time.

She flew when she was fighting Ares at the end and blasted him with lightning didn't she?

If she didn't fly in BvS, so sure got a taxi quick at the airport to marina and then a water taxi to get her to the island where the showdown with Doomsday happened.

To me, I'm accepting that she doesn't fly (or at least yet.) Maybe it'll be an unlocked power she discovers. I mean otherwise she would have flown to the tower to get the Amazon armaments before she took off from the island with Steve, or she would have flown into the bell tower instead of having Steve and the Oddfellows launch her towards it, or she would have flown to the watchtower where she had the standoff with the general...

To me, it'll be an unlocked ability in one of her movies or she's going to be a wonder leaper like Lynda Carter back in the day.