Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
Perhaps it’s because WW fans aren’t as passionate about her multimedia portrayals. I remember reading somewhere that while the JL cartoon was airing, a series of ardent Superman fans complained about his power levels and how he seemed to get kicked around too much on the show. By the last episode, it was revealed that he had basically been holding back during the entire series and finally got to cut loose on the Braniac/Darkseid hybrid. So in a way, they got their wish.
That last episode was honestly too little, too late because it was the last episode. And it still had the ridiculous scene of Batman outrunning the Omega Beams. Basically everyone was depowered in that show except for Bat God. See also: it taking a while for GL to do anything impressive with his ring besides making lasers.

WW fans probably should have raised as much of a stink as the Superman fans did, if not for her power levels than for her entire personality. And villains. Maybe they did, and the creators didn't care as much. Probably not, the Superman thing seems half assed, and they didn't give any indication that they cared for Wonder Woman more than Superman (who in turn didn't receive as much favoritism as Batman).

As for flight, again it worked on the cartoon and various animated movies. They showed that it wasn’t an exclusive power only Superman could have. Justice League’s roster in particular had 5/7 members capable of flight, and they used different sound effects for each one.
The films have already shown that flight isn't a power that Superman exclusively can have. The GL's in the Justice League flashback (which indicate that Hal, John and the others would have the same power), most likely Shazam, Cyborg (!?) and other Kryptonians like Zod and Faora. I really don't think he's to blame for her lack of flight, he just seems to be the popular scapegoat. Despite the fact that overall the DCEU has been far kinder to Diana than him, and she's getting a sequel and there isn't any sign that he is. He WOULD have if his film series hadn't hastily been hijacked by guest stars to get a shared universe going.

I don’t see how that can’t work in live action medium.
It absolutely can. And I wouldn't be surprised if we see it in WW2, and if not, WW3.

I'd say a JL sequel, but let's be honest, that ain't happening again any time soon. If we do in the far ass future, she will probably have it because Jenkins will make sure she does.

I also found it interesting that they thought Diana’s truth-compelling lasso was too convenient when they had a telepath who could read minds on the team as well. For that, she only used that power once and it wasn’t even available to her until like the 3rd season. I guess it also boils down to what folks will put up with.
I don't think I knew this bit of trivia before. That is spectacularly dumb.
That show really wasn't a good representation of the DCU at all.