Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default With WW Comic Published Twice A Month, Is It Time For WONDER WOMAN FAMILY Title?

With the WW comic coming out, twice a month, could a new schedule accommodate a monthly WONDER WOMAN FAMILY comic?

It seems that two separate, MONTHLY Wonder Woman titles could work, if we're already buying WW, twice a month. Could an anthology comic, featuring stories about Donna, Queen Hippolyta, Artemis, Cheetah, the Amazons, I Ching, Jason, young Princess Diana, a Hercules 'Unbound' and Rucka's Whoish, new Circe ..succeed, published alongside a monthly Wonder Woman comic?

Would a comic featuring Wonder Woman's growing family be preferred to a comic featuring the all-myth, all-magic world of 'Wonder Woman and the Amazons?'
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 04-08-2018 at 11:53 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I'd consider the name of the title a work in progress, but yes, I think it could work. Though, I think they want to have Jason meet Hippolyta first and possibly re-introduce Cassie Sandsmark before such a title would pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I'd consider the name of the title a work in progress, but yes, I think it could work. Though, I think they want to have Jason meet Hippolyta first and possibly re-introduce Cassie Sandsmark before such a title would pop up.
    Wonder Woman Family does sound a bit antiquated, doesn't it? It wasn't intended as a title, ..as much as a concept.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Wonder Woman Family does sound a bit antiquated, doesn't it? It wasn't intended as a title, ..as much as a concept.
    Just saying that Batman has Detective Comics, Superman has Action Comics, Wonder Woman should have a series named for something he's well known for or something.

Though "Wonder Comics" is a bit too on the nose, even for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Just saying that Batman has Detective Comics, Superman has Action Comics, Wonder Woman should have a series named for something he's well known for or something.

Though "Wonder Comics" is a bit too on the nose, even for me.
    I'd follow a 'Wonder family' series, featuring stories about young Zeus, discovering his godly powers, clashing with demons and the elder gods, as he wanders the ancient world. I don't know what in Tarnation you'd call it.

A set of stories about young Hippolyta would also be GREAT, but, as far as I know, she was never a teenager.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 04-08-2018 at 12:12 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'd be overjoyed at a new Sensation Comics ongoing.

But, sales wise, is the main WW title still doing well enough to sustain bimonthly shipping? Let alone adding another solo and spin-offs?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

But, sales wise, is the main WW title still doing well enough to sustain bimonthly shipping? Let alone adding another solo and spin-offs?
    It's doing "ok" right now. It's around the 30k-40k range last I checked. The longer Robinson is on, the more it will bleed readers I expect. If it could get a big enough name, Simone for instance, I could see a "Sensation Comics" doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

It wouldn't be WW family comic published, in addition to the two shippings of WW.

We're speculating if a 'Wonder family' title could replace one of the two monthly shippings of WW. Do you think two separate, monthly titles - one of them a WW family comic - could work, ..instead of two monthly shippings of the same WW comic?
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 04-08-2018 at 12:32 PM.

I'd buy a second title in a heartbeat. One that covered more/additional ground with Diana, Hippolyta, Donna, Cassie, Steve, Etta, Artemis, Heracles, the Amazons, etc. As opposed to an anthology, I'd prefer another ongoing that had "light" continuity shared between them like the Batman or Superman books. Connect new story arcs to one another elegantly through connections to or through characters (heroes or villains.) Regardless, I want it to dive into all the Wonder lore and mythos and villains and build up and build out her world.

Build out ARGUS. Found Transformation Island. Rebirth more of her past villains and revisit their concepts. Establish Holliday University. That kind of stuff, while telling an exciting story and providing characterization to whomever is starring in it.

Personally, I wouldn't do it until after Doomsday Clock when (hopefully) we get truer versions of Donna Troy and Cassie Sandsmark back. (I have no interest in following the current Donna or DCnU Cassie.) <shrugs shoulders>

As for the names of titles, I'd keep it simple:

- Wonder Woman
    - Wonder Women

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I'd buy a second title in a heartbeat. One that covered more/additional ground with Diana, Hippolyta, Donna, Cassie, Steve, Etta, Artemis, Heracles, the Amazons, etc. As opposed to an anthology, I'd prefer another ongoing that had "light" continuity shared between them like the Batman or Superman books. Connect new story arcs to one another elegantly through connections to or through characters (heroes or villains.) Regardless, I want it to dive into all the Wonder lore and mythos and villains and build up and build out her world.

Build out ARGUS. Found Transformation Island. Rebirth more of her past villains and revisit their concepts. Establish Holliday University. That kind of stuff, while telling an exciting story and providing characterization to whomever is starring in it.

Personally, I wouldn't do it until after Doomsday Clock when (hopefully) we get truer versions of Donna Troy and Cassie Sandsmark back. (I have no interest in following the current Donna or DCnU Cassie.) <shrugs shoulders>

As for the names of titles, I'd keep it simple:

- Wonder Woman
    - Wonder Women
    Or Sensation Comics because Superman has Action Comics, Batman has Detective Comics so why not have Sensation Comics get revived?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Or Sensation Comics because Superman has Action Comics, Batman has Detective Comics so why not have Sensation Comics get revived?
    I could go for Sensation too, but it's a name not as well known as Action or Detective. Wonder Women says what it is and plays off Wonder Woman, even if there are the occasional stories highlighting Steve, Heracles, or <gulp> Jason.

No one worries about telling a Lois Lane, Lana Lang, Lori Lemaris, or Cat Grant story under an Action or Superman banner.

I could go for Sensation too, but it's a name not as well known as Action or Detective. Wonder Women says what it is and plays off Wonder Woman, even if there are the occasional stories highlighting Steve, Heracles, or <gulp> Jason.

No one worries about telling a Lois Lane, Lana Lang, Lori Lemaris, or Cat Grant story under an Action or Superman banner.
    If Sensation gets a revival though the main problem will the writers actually care about Steve enough to improve him. Etta because she's a woman they'll have no problems with her. Unless you're not Gail Simone.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    If Sensation gets a revival though the main problem will the writers actually care about Steve enough to improve him. Etta because she's a woman they'll have no problems with her. Unless you're not Gail Simone.
    We’ll cross those Steve Trevor bridges as we get to them.

We’ll cross those Steve Trevor bridges as we get to them.
    I hope so it took Geoff Johns to give Hal Jordan new life as a character whereas the only aspect writers would like to focus on is Wonder Woman. Nothing wrong with that but if you're a perfectionist like me you make sure all the gears are turning. Kind of stinks that the only writers who would do good on Wonder Woman would just perform nothing but disservice for the male characters.

I would love a book like that yeah. If I can get stories for Donna and that it repair the relationship she have with Diana and the other character of the Wonder Family, I would take it.
    Favorite characters:
    5 DC- Roy Harper, Donna Troy, Helena Bertinelli, Dinah Laurel Lance and Big Barda
    5 Marvel- Jean Grey, Richard Rider, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton and Angelica Jones

Pull List:
    X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, Old Man Hawkeye, Marvel Two-in-One, Aquaman, Mister Miracle, Mera Queen of Atlantis, The Terrifics and some more.