Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    A character who wears a short skirt and a strapless top can only get shot so many times before people begin to wonder why she doesn't wear body armor. However, her wearing armor would defeat the purpose of being vulnerable to bullets in the first place so this weakness just doesn't work
    Yeah, um indestructible bracelets and the speed and strength to use them to deflect any projectiles...but whatever.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anarki View Post
    Attachment 64328
    Not so ambiguous. It's lung I think.

Attachment 64329
    Actually there's no vital organs in the throat.
    Ofc a mortal would die, but I don't think it's much different than Rucka's run
    That's true that there aren't any organs their but there are arteries that, if damaged, lead to death. There's also the trachea, and that being hurt is death by lack of air. She seemed to be having issues breathing and talking and their seemed to be a lot of blood so it may have been both.

Regardless, there's less of a margin for error with getting shot or cut deeply in the throat than there would be the chest region. That's how I've reasoned it anyway. Was it ever specified that the lung was hit? If not then you can reason that it was missed I suppose. But in reality it's inconsistent because her durability has unfortunately almost always been inconstant.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    That's true that there aren't any organs their but there are arteries that, if damaged, lead to death. There's also the trachea, and that being hurt is death by lack of air. She seemed to be having issues breathing and talking and their seemed to be a lot of blood so it may have been both.

Regardless, there's less of a margin for error with getting shot or cut deeply in the throat than there would be the chest region. That's how I've reasoned it anyway. Was it ever specified that the lung was hit? If not then you can reason that it was missed I suppose. But in reality it's inconsistent because her durability has unfortunately almost always been inconstant.
    You should note that she is also fast healing. There are many evidences. (not in Wolverine's level tho).
    I don't think arteries is that important for WW. Bleeding to death should not be such a worry for her.
    So is trachea (and actually no one could speak when trachea seriously wounded, not just 'having issues').

That's why I mentioned vital organs, they are much more important in this case. Because either she died instantly, or she recovered after some time.
    Btw, she was shot 2 times in her main title, 1 time in Metal and it was 8th metal bullet, She survived purely by LUCK?
    (Or she could just shrug it off even bullets hit her organs? I think the only VITAL organs here are brain and heart )

If a bullet really is that dangerous for her, and she got shot now and then lately, she'd better put on some full-body bulletproof suit. (no use against Darksaid or other super beings, but useful against guns).
    It's no good relying on LUCK.
    Because she's always at the forefront, fighting alongside Superman, It's very high chance bullets bouncing off Superman's body or walls and hit her. (or just some stray bullets). any day. ---and she's dead.
    Last edited by anarki; 04-07-2018 at 04:23 AM.

BANNED

lol imagine Diana not being able to do that but still sge manages to take punches from Superman.

Ultimate Member

I've always found it ridiculous that Diana can take on freaking gods and sustain super-powered attacks and be basically fine, but regular bullets can harm her. Not magic bullets, or special metahuman-killing ones, just plain old bullets.

She should be invulnerable to them. Like MAYBE if a 50 caliber shot at her at close range for an extended period of time, she'd suffer some minor cuts or bruises. But that's about it.

I agree. She should get small cuts but nothing dangerous. Her bracelets are to protect people not her. Now if she was a regular Amazons yes the bullets should do a lot of damage but I still think it should be hard to kill an Amazon with a gun. Why does she deflect a bullet? Simply to turn the tide on her enemies and to wound them
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 04-07-2018 at 08:55 AM.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I agree. She should get small cuts but nothing dangerous. Her bracelets are to protect people not her. Now if she was a regular Amazons yes the bullets should do a lot of damage but I still think it should be hard to kill an Amazon with a gun. Why does she deflect a bullet? Simply to turn the tide on her enemies and to wound them
    I'll concede that at most bullets should at least harm her without actually injuring her to the point of death and that she should be DC's own super soldier.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Agree. They can pierce her but she doesn’t go down a machine gun does due more damage but none should kill her

Agree. They can pierce her but she doesn’t go down a machine gun does due more damage but none should kill her
    Sure but you have to be careful because it can kind of make her look like Wolverine yes Diana should look powerful but savage no.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Sure but you have to be careful because it can kind of make her look like Wolverine yes Diana should look powerful but savage no.
    In what way does she say like Wolverine? I'm just saying that she shouldn't go down too easily.

In what way does she say like Wolverine? I'm just saying that she shouldn't go down too easily.
    I mean if you show her riddled with bullet wounds but they heal could make her look like Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    I mean if you show her riddled with bullet wounds but they heal could make her look like Wolverine.
    Okay. What would be a better way? I don't think she should die from bullets. So maybe they are just small cuts and bruises?

Okay. What would be a better way? I don't think she should die from bullets. So maybe they are just small cuts and bruises?
    You just have to only have her get hit occasionally and have Diana deflect the rest of the shots they wounds themselves should just as you said be minor since she needs to be tough to withstand a single shot.

So minor cuts and bruises. How should she stand with machine guns? Maybe medium cuts?

So minor cuts and bruises. How should she stand with machine guns? Maybe medium cuts?
    Medium cuts could work though generally Diana is quick enough to deflect entire rounds of machine gun fire.