Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I agree with everything you've said Gaelforce, Diana is being nerfed on several areas and there's seem to be a difficulty for DC to actually move forward with her. Every step that they take is backward.
    I find this very worrysome, especially after the success of her movie. Do they fear the potential of Diana? Do they care?

The weakness to bullets is outdated, Kal El's weakness is kryptonite, it's very difficult to find, only a few enemy have it in there possession...everyone has a gun. Anyone is potentially a threat to Wonder Woman, even Aunt May lol.

And to be honest, the very concept of a specific weakness always bothered me, a lot of superheroes do not have weaknesses, I don't think Thor, Hulk have specific weaknesses.
    What they have is limitations (they can not lift more than X tons, they can not run past X speed...).
    Villains can also use particular traits of a character against heroes, like overloading Superman's super hearing. It's not that he as a weakness againt sound, it's that you can exploit it and transform it into a weapon.

If you want to justify Wonder Woman's bracelet, then super death rays, omega beams, punches from Black Adam, magical/divine weapons and so on... are the answer.

And I fail to understand why all her other abilities are ignored, her expertise and knowledge in various areas (healing, tactics...) her creativity (she did invent the purple ray). It would provide so many opportunities for great stories, and interesting ways to deal with whatever challenge that she faces.

Once again, I don't understand what Dc is doing with Wonder Woman, they are so short sighted, , so inconsistent, so unimaginative. It's like it's a chore for them to actually take care of her and push her to her full potential.

It's very frustrating, because there's nothing us, Wonder Woman fans, can do, DC will keep on going this way, until maybe a writer comes and actually manage to impose a better version of the character.
    Last edited by WonderSpace; 04-13-2018 at 08:27 AM.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    The thing is for writers who write her weakness to magic don’t just give people who don’t know how to use magic. Then we get Batman who doesn’t know magic beating Circe. Yes it can be someone who isn’t a magic user but understand magic enough. Diana’s bracelets have long since served many different functions. Both defensive and offensive. What’s wrong with her suing. It to Ava expropriation ? Golden age it was to hide her beresk mode which does come back from time to time. Like in the new 52 which was her God mode. I mean with Dc they have stated many times when it comes to reflexes Diana is faster than Superman. Meaning she can quickly go around deflecting bracelets but anyone. Her bracelets can created a sound wave a bigger shield. Summoning weapons in new 52. I honestly don’t mind if it was used for summoning weapons again.

I mean do your u drying detective want the bracelets gone?
    I am not saying i want the bracelets to be gone I am saying that there is a logical limit to keeping them yet still have her invulnerable and using them as a defensive weapon. Because to maintain suspension of disbelief I would say get rid of them if she has no real use for them as a defensive weapon. But if they could be used for other purposes I don't mind. Just no defensive purposes because if you want Superman level invulnerability then they should not be used at all because Superman has withstood almost every force in the world be it fictional or real and to give Diana that sort of invulnerability means there has to be trade off to maintain suspension of disbelief.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 04-13-2018 at 08:34 AM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by WonderSpace View Post
    I agree with everything you've said Gaelforce, Diana is being nerfed on several areas and there's seem to be a difficulty for DC to actually move forward with her. Every step that they take is backward.
    I find this very worrysome, especially after the success of her movie. Do they fear the potential of Diana? Do they care?

The weakness to bullets is outdated, Kal El's weakness is kryptonite, it's very difficult to find, only a few enemy have it in there possession...everyone has a gun. Anyone is potentially a threat to Wonder Woman, even Aunt May lol.

And to be honest, the very concept of a specific weakness always bothered me, a lot of superheroes do not have weaknesses, I don't think Thor, Hulk have specific weaknesses.
    What they have is limitations (they can not lift more than X tons, they can not run past X speed...).
    Villains can also use particular traits of a character against heroes, like overloading Superman's super hearing. It's not that he as a weakness againt sound, it's that you can exploit it and transform it into a weapon.

If you want to justify Wonder Woman's bracelet, then super death rays, omega beams, punches from Black Adam, magical/divine weapons and so on... are the answer.

And I fail to understand why all her other abilities are ignored, her expertise and knowledge in various areas (healing, tactics...) her creativity (she did invent the purple ray). It would provide so many opportunities for great stories, and interesting ways to deal with whatever challenge that she faces.

Once again, I don't understand what Dc is doing with Wonder Woman, they are so short sighted, , so inconsistent, so unimaginative. It's like it's a chore for them to actually take care of her and push her to her full potential.

It's very frustrating, because there's nothing us, Wonder Woman fans, can do, DC will keep on going this way, until maybe a writer comes and actually manage to impose a better version of the character.
    I'm pretty sure Superman has shrugged off punches from Black Adam and never needed armour or something to fight him. Which brings me to my point if you want Wodner Woman to have that sort of invulnerability then there has to be a trade off to maintain suspension of disbelief.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    I'm pretty sure Superman has shrugged off punches from Black Adam and never needed armour or something to fight him. Which brings me to my point if you want Wodner Woman to have that sort of invulnerability then there has to be a trade off to maintain suspension of disbelief.
    Just because you can shrug of punches from Black Adam doesn't mean that deflecting them is not a better option.

There should be a limit to the amount of punishement that Wonder Woman can take: 50 punches from BA? Ok, But 100? Too much...that's when the bracelets comes in handy.

And for other threats, omage beams, magical/divine weapons, no matter how invulnerable a superhero is, it's extremely dangerous or even lethal, so you see, she still needs the bracelets.

Just because you can shrug of punches from Black Adam doesn't mean that deflecting them is not a better option.

There should be a limit to the amount of punishement that Wonder Woman can take: 50 punches from BA? Ok, But 100? Too much...that's when the bracelets comes in handy.

And for other threats, omage beams, magical/divine weapons, no matter how invulnerable a superhero is, it's extremely dangerous or even lethal, so you see, she still needs the bracelets.
    The thing with Superman is that some argue that if his entire power means to be a living armour there is no point him needing armour even though DC has tried countless times to give him armour to promote toys. And even when knocked down even by magic Superman always gets up. And the same logic can be applied Wonder Woman if you grant her invulnerability and she can always get up again in the same way. but if that's the case then ditch the deflecting bullets thing and use it for other purposes it'll look foolish if she is invulnerable.

The thing with Superman is that some argue that if his entire power means to be a living armour there is no point him needing armour even though DC has tried countless times to give him armour to promote toys. And even when knocked down even by magic Superman always gets up. And the same logic can be applied Wonder Woman if you grant her invulnerability and she can always get up again in the same way. but if that's the case then ditch the deflecting bullets thing and use it for other purposes it'll look foolish if she is invulnerable.

No true always he has almost been killed by Magically beings.

I am not saying i want the bracelets to be gone I am saying that there is a logical limit to keeping them yet still have her invulnerable and using them as a defensive weapon. Because to maintain suspension of disbelief I would say get rid of them if she has no real use for them as a defensive weapon. But if they could be used for other purposes I don't mind. Just no defensive purposes because if you want Superman level invulnerability then they should not be used at all because Superman has withstood almost every force in the world be it fictional or real and to give Diana that sort of invulnerability means there has to be trade off to maintain suspension of disbelief.
    Her bracelets also are offensive weapons. Her bracelets can also summon weapons in new 52. Maybe that should be a function that we should keep
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 04-13-2018 at 10:35 AM.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

It's like DC is trying to depower Wonder Woman while all other hero's get upgrades.

I mean, it's not like the movie version can't fly or take on Superman one on one. Ooops.....I guess they are trying to undermine her!

No true always he has almost been killed by Magically beings.

Her bracelets also are offensive weapons. Her bracelets can also summon weapons in new 52. Maybe that should be a function that we should keep
    Yeah but Superman still gets up doesn't he? If they change her bracelet from a defensive weapon to an offensive one completely then it already be an upgrade in terms of power set.

Yeah but Superman still gets up doesn't he? If they change her bracelet from a defensive weapon to an offensive one completely then it already be an upgrade in terms of power set.

They already added that power to her bracelets. IIt can be a weapon and a defense. Superman was incapacity for a bit. It can send soundwave or bang it can be harmful. New 52 shows her to summon weapons due to her being the god of war. I think they should keep that so her lasso is still primary but sword and shield can still be used. Even her tiara harmed him and he didn't attack. He was down until his healing kicked in. Even than if she had Kept banging her and tiara it would be a serious injury to him. So her bracelets can be used as weapons.

Last edited by AmiMizuno; 04-13-2018 at 01:20 PM.

They already added that power to her bracelets. IIt can be a weapon and a defense. No Superman was incapacity for a bit.t can send soundwave or bang it can be harmful. New 52 shows her to summon weapons due to her being the god of war. I think they should keep that so her lasso is still primary but sword and shield can still be used. Even her tiara harmed him and he didn't attack. He was down for the count.

I see your point but like I said even when hurt by magic Superman still gets up. And also if you can find a new purpose for the bracelets I'm good. The thing is she needs to get a blessing from Ares for that to continue.

I see your point but like I said even when hurt by magic Superman still gets up. And also if you can find a new purpose for the bracelets I'm good. The thing is she needs to get a blessing from Ares for that to continue.
    Not really Athena can do that too since you are also a goddess of War. Yes but not if he keeps getting them. Superman has been nearly killed by Magic. His other weakness is also minded control.Ares is more of the bloody side of war. The killing and destructive

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    It's like DC is trying to depower Wonder Woman while all other hero's get upgrades.

I mean, it's not like the movie version can't fly or take on Superman one on one. Ooops.....I guess they are trying to undermine her!

When I try to explain to myself why is DC so feeble with Wonder Woman, I usually come to the conclusion that they just don't care about her, or that they do care but are struggeling to find the right formula. But sometimes it just seems that they are doing this on purpose, that they want her to fail or at least, not to grow too big.

It just doesn't make sense, why would they want their IP to fail? There's so much money to be made, and yet here we are. After the success of her movie, i thought that they would annonce ton of new things: an animated series, a video game, new titles...you name it. But no, it looks like the triumph of her movie never happened.

What we have instead is WW being treated has a temptress to Batgod, being a magnet to bullets, an inept brother, and general boredom.

Yeah, something's wrong with DC. I wish I could make Geoff Johns or whoever is in charge read this forum so they could understand our frustration and do something about it .

Superman doesn't always get up. Her tiara may him stop in his tracks. Her bracelets like a said have served many functions. CAn make a large shield, soundwaves, and summon weapons. Why can't we have her summoning weapons from her bracelets? Athena and Hephaestus can bless her bracelets

When I try to explain to myself why is DC so feeble with Wonder Woman, I usually come to the conclusion that they just don't care about her, or that they do care but are struggeling to find the right formula. But sometimes it just seems that they are doing this on purpose, that they want her to fail or at least, not to grow too big.

It just doesn't make sense, why would they want their IP to fail? There's so much money to be made, and yet here we are. After the success of her movie, i thought that they would annonce ton of new things: an animated series, a video game, new titles...you name it. But no, it looks like the triumph of her movie never happened.

What we have instead is WW being treated has a temptress to Batgod, being a magnet to bullets, an inept brother, and general boredom.

Yeah, something's wrong with DC. I wish I could make Geoff Johns or whoever is in charge read this forum so they could understand our frustration and do something about it .
    Ah but someone did make the complaints known during C2E2 but the question wasn't phrased right and Bendis helped oddge it whether it means that change is on the horizon I don't know but it could mean anything.

Why can't the bracelets be used to protect? It can help protect from magic and others forces