Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Default So, One More Day curses the Spider-Man games too?

Seems so based off the interview and info dump about the the PS4 Spider-Man game where it was specifically mentioned that Peter and Mary are NOT together.

We can't even get games with them together anymore... Bad enough that TV shows barely even show Mary anymore if at all and never with Peter when she does.

BANNED

I..really don't see an issue here.

It's also not because MJ is "waiting by the window", but in part because of her own career ambitions and workload in addition to Peter's responsibilities. Peter and MJ will probably be together in one of the game's endings, you just have to make them work for it.

Everything I've heard about the game makes it sound more like the occasional stretch in the Ultimate comics where they were broken up than OMD; while not together, they hadn't fallen out of love with each other and you "know" they're going to work it out eventually.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Given they haven't been separated by a Deal with the Devil, I think it's still a step-up from the comics.

And they're also acknowledging Mary Jane as the female lead, her importance and Peter's life, and how much they care for and love one another, which is more then we generally get in the main universe comics these days.

Heck, their careers getting in the way of their relationship sounds refreshing and more true-to-character then Mary Jane being resistant to Peter being Spider-Man for the umpteenth time.

Only thing OMD does is not allow Peter and MJ to be married, be in a normal relationship is fair game, and unless this game pulls a Slott (Which is quite possible), they may even end up together, or at least have hints.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Only thing OMD does is not allow Peter and MJ to be married, be in a normal relationship is fair game, and unless this game pulls a Slott (Which is quite possible)
    Slott is one of the game's co-writers, but I think he may just be allowed to give them a happy ending here, he's always said alternate versions of MJ are limitless.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Slott is one of the game's co-writers, but I think he may just be allowed to give them a happy ending here, he's always said alternate versions of MJ are limitless.
    I also think he helped develop the story but in a way that fit Insomniac's vision and goals for the game, which seems to be Mary Jane in a prominent and important role.

Judging by his twitter, I think Christos Gage had a lot to do with the game's writing.

OMD ruins everything.

Seriously though, people need to lighten up everything isn't about or caused by the accursed Deal.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Judging by his twitter, I think Christos Gage had a lot to do with the game's writing.
    I'm not surprised .

An interview I saw with the creator said Mary Jane is actually going to be playable at some point, which outside of maybe the lego games, I don't think has ever happened before. (Has it? Am I forgetting something?)

That hardly seems like they're ignoring her.

And even if they are? So? Mary Jane isn't the only love interest Peter has ever had and has had multiple absences even when they were married.
    Even when they were married, not all the Spider-man games that came out even mentioned her at ball.

And none of that has anything to do with One More Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    An interview I saw with the creator said Mary Jane is actually going to be playable at some point, which outside of maybe the lego games, I don't think has ever happened before. (Has it? Am I forgetting something?)

That hardly seems like they're ignoring her.

And even if they are? So? Mary Jane isn't the only love interest Peter has ever had and has had multiple absences even when they were married.
    Even when they were married, not all the Spider-man games that came out even mentioned her at ball.

And none of that has anything to do with One More Day.
    Not if you count the mobile game, Spider-Man Unlimited. Some of the alternate spiders in that game are MJs (such as Spider-Island MJ or MJ from RYV or Mangaverse MJ). But those are just skins on the same base character.

It sounds like the MJ sections of this game are going to be different from the Spider-Man sections. Probably more stealth based than the Spider-Man portions of the game.

Not if you count the mobile game, Spider-Man Unlimited. Some of the alternate spiders in that game are MJs (such as Spider-Island MJ or MJ from RYV or Mangaverse MJ). But those are just skins on the same base character.
    Okay. Didn't know about those.

That's actually kinda cool.

Just because they're not together at the beginning doesn't mean they won't be at the end. Lord.

At the start of the game they haven't spoken in 6 months even though they used to be very close, they're both focusing on their careers. We can see from the one trailer that events in the game will bring them together again and that they need each other.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Not if you count the mobile game, Spider-Man Unlimited. Some of the alternate spiders in that game are MJs (such as Spider-Island MJ or MJ from RYV or Mangaverse MJ). But those are just skins on the same base character
    Actually, RYV MJ specifically has had a few storylines in the Unlimited game. She's more than just a skin