Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Oh jeez, I'm gonna say mohammedelkhater thought this was a decent match, then end up realizing it's a stomp once evidence came forward, quickly agreeing with how much Kenshiro isn’t going to win this.

I really think this is a language barrier sort of deal behind the wording that really doesn't sound right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Oh jeez, I'm gonna say mohammedelkhater thought this was a decent match, then end up realizing it's a stomp once evidence came forward, quickly agreeing with how much Kenshiro isn’t going to win this.

I really think this is a language barrier sort of deal behind the wording that really doesn't sound right.
    All of You Causing Me So Many Terribles.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mohammedelkhater View Post
    All of You Causing Me So Many Terribles.
    Look, the way you write your posts leaves a lot of possible interpretations and not a lot of it can be seen as positive. They really are confusing to read.

I apologize if you feel like we're being dicks but you do need to back up your posts a lot more here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    This doesn't sound hugely fun for Kenshiro though not completely unfeasible. If Gilgamesh can pull out any of his significant techniques then Kenshiro likely isn't going to take it.

Hmm... he doesn't actually have to reach him, Kenshiro does have long range attacks in the Hokuto Goshou-ha and Tenha Kassatsu - both of which are effectively laser beams which make people explode. He can also use Nanto Seiken cutting techniques from range as well.

He's also veeeeery quick, as outlined here in my speed breakdown post. I'd put him in the like... triple-ish digits of mach or something in that area. Hokuto no Ken is sometimes a little weird and esoteric in its speed presentations.

How durable is Gilgamesh anyhow? Ken could perhaps fire a chi blast and then close distance?
    His durability is hard to pin down; Servants are much less durable than the firepower of their stronger abilities, so they tend to violently explode when they actually get hit, aside from those who have some sort of invulnerability power.

We know that Mordred can explode two-story tall stone golems by running next to them, and she can get into extended fights with other Servants without anything of the sort occurring. Even physically weaker Servants consider the same golems to be jokes that they can tear through like paper, whereas Gilgamesh's armor is able to bounce off repeated hits without a scratch.

I really need to get around to doing that Nasuverse respect thread someday so I can stop relying on memories of like five different series to get their feats.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    His durability is hard to pin down; Servants are much less durable than the firepower of their stronger abilities, so they tend to violently explode when they actually get hit, aside from those who have some sort of invulnerability power.

We know that Mordred can explode two-story tall stone golems by running next to them, and she can get into extended fights with other Servants without anything of the sort occurring. Even physically weaker Servants consider the same golems to be jokes that they can tear through like paper, whereas Gilgamesh's armor is able to bounce off repeated hits without a scratch.

I really need to get around to doing that Nasuverse respect thread someday so I can stop relying on memories of like five different series to get their feats.
    Kenshiro hits like... stupidly hard and can ignore defences. Even if Musou Tensei is offline, he still has phasing attacks that destroy dudes from the inside out.

And you know, his whole gimmick is killing people on contact. He might be able to eek out a win here and there.

Kenshiro hits like... stupidly hard and can ignore defences. Even if Musou Tensei is offline, he still has phasing attacks that destroy dudes from the inside out.

And you know, his whole gimmick is killing people on contact. He might be able to eek out a win here and there.
    The problem with phasing attacks is that all of Gilgamesh's stuff interacts with intangible ghosts just fine. Unless it's something like pressure points that bypass durability ala Alita rather than an attack that goes through via intangibility.

(I do think Kenshiro managing a good hit should kill Gilgamesh unless I'm forgetting some whacky feat.)

Yeah this guy's a known troll who's been deliberately doing it for a while now. Check his previous threads on the board

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

The problem with phasing attacks is that all of Gilgamesh's stuff interacts with intangible ghosts just fine. Unless it's something like pressure points that bypass durability ala Alita rather than an attack that goes through via intangibility.

(I do think Kenshiro managing a good hit should kill Gilgamesh unless I'm forgetting some whacky feat.)
    Fortunately Kenshiro has both. He can cause people to explode by touching their bodies and can do the old phase through and destroy your body trick.

So, overall, advantage Gilgamesh since he's got an absurd long range game that is a hard counter to Kenshiro's normal way of getting past that [sic: Musou Tensei] but Ken could take the odd round if he manages to make contact with Gil. Sound about right?

While your mind is on the subject, where would you peg Apocrypha's Karna? More specifically the Vasavi Shakti?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Fortunately Kenshiro has both. He can cause people to explode by touching their bodies and can do the old phase through and destroy your body trick.

So, overall, advantage Gilgamesh since he's got an absurd long range game that is a hard counter to Kenshiro's normal way of getting past that [sic: Musou Tensei] but Ken could take the odd round if he manages to make contact with Gil. Sound about right?
    Yeah, I am sure Kenshiro hits if connect Golga dies. As even long range he pressure points.

My main issue that shifts to golden boys favor is speed of his absurd long range game.

Yeah.

Hmm, I was assuming the standard arena, but I see they start 500 feet away here. I think that's enough distance that Gilgamesh is basically guaranteed to get to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    While your mind is on the subject, where would you peg Apocrypha's Karna? More specifically the Vasavi Shakti?
    Vasavi Shakti's exact power is hard to rank.

In terms of pure feats it doesn't have much to go on, because its only use was blocked by a shield that was also only used the one time. (A dying Karna pulls off a weaker version in Fate Grand Order that almost kills a Grail-powered Super Cù Chulainn, but see the part where Karna was already dying as he did it.)

In terms of scaling it's meant to be stronger than regular Excalibur, making it pretty crazy.
    Last edited by Siriel; 04-06-2018 at 03:37 PM.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

It just confuses me that Vasavi Shakti seems to be stronger than the Brahmastra in the Nasuverse when the latter is essentially the Hindu equivalent of Enuma Elish (AKA, a cosmic delete command from the source of creation, which can destroy the world/universe if misused).

Though I guess they also ignored the fact that Mahabaratha Karna was cursed by a grumpy Avatar of Vishnu to forget his Astras when he needs them most, so that probably balances it out, I guess?

I think that it's part to do with the requirements of Vasavi Shakti. The permanent loss of his armor being a rather heavy cost for an ability that purportedly can destroy a world (which it seems to do to a lesser degree in Apocrypha).
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I think that it's part to do with the requirements of Vasavi Shakti. The permanent loss of his armor being a rather heavy cost for an ability that purportedly can destroy a world (which it seems to do to a lesser degree in Apocrypha).
    I guess that makes sense, though it was more that Indra granted him that Astra for of shame because Karna was so charitable that he permanently gave away his armor even though he knew Indra was there to scam him in order to give his own son, Arjuna, a leg up when they inevitably dueled, and Karna wanted to save that Astra to use on Arjuna because the two of them seemed to borderline get off on being dicks to one another.

Honestly, I think growing up on Hindu stories is why I like the Fate series so much, seeing as how half the major characters are basically walking Gates of Babylon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I guess that makes sense, though it was more that Indra granted him that Astra for of shame because Karna was so charitable that he permanently gave away his armor even though he knew Indra was there to scam him in order to give his own son, Arjuna, a leg up when they inevitably dueled, and Karna wanted to save that Astra to use on Arjuna because the two of them seemed to borderline get off on being dicks to one another.

Honestly, I think growing up on Hindu stories is why I like the Fate series so much, seeing as how half the major characters are basically walking Gates of Babylon.
    In all honesty I first started dipping my toes into the Fate pool with Apocrypha itself, the fight between Siegfried and Karna being an immediate draw for me given how well it was drawn/animated. The more I get into it however, the more interesting it seems to get though ... as far as sticking strictly to the mythologies/stories that they pull from is probably D-Rank however. Though ... considering how things go for Karna after he whips out Vasavi Shakti in Apocrypha ? Pretty well in keeping with the whole "Karna used it to be a dick, ends up caught out by a Trap".

Could even go so far as to say he got shafted.

A pun so good it transcends time and space.

Arx Inosaan