View Poll Results: Is the x-men series similar to the fight for civil rights in the United States?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 56.25%
  • No

19 29.69%
  • I never considered it

2 3.13%
  • It's just a comic book

10 15.63%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    BANNED

I didn't miss it. I ignored it because it wasn't about anything. I saw what you did, saw that it wasn't about anything that was going on and decided not to comment on it. No where does Jesus say that no fault divorce is ok. The only time divorce is permissible by Jesus'own words is because of adultery. That's it, any other reason for a divorce and remarriage is adultery. Back in the day a Jewish man could say I divorce you three times and a marriage could be destroyed leaving the divorcee destitute and broke. Jesus was not about that he was about protecting the poor and less fortunate and had no problem challenging the chauvinistic culture he grew up in.

Even though the struggles of black Americans isn't the same as their queer brethren, the same discrimination affects them both. That goes double for it's queer black/POC folks. The moral laws of God written in the Bible have no impact on anyone not Christian and shouldn't be used as a justification for discrimination, which is what you are doing.
    Last edited by Chaos Reigns; 04-12-2018 at 11:51 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    I didn't miss it. I ignored it because it wasn't about anything. I saw what you did, saw that it wasn't about anything that was going on and decided not to comment on it. No where does Jesus say that no fault divorce is ok. The only time divorce is permissible by Jesus'own words is because of adultery. That's it, any other reason for a divorce and remarriage is adultery. Back in the day a Jewish man could say I divorce you three times and a marriage could be destroyed leaving the divorcee destitute and broke. Jesus was not about that he was about protecting the poor and less fortunate and had no problem challenging the chauvinistic culture he grew up in.

Even though the struggles of black Americans isn't the same as their queer brethren, the same discrimination affects them both. That goes double for it's queer black/POC folks. The moral laws of God written in the Bible have no impact on anyone not Christian and shouldn't be used as a justification for discrimination, which is what you are doing.
    No, you are the one discriminating. You are making the claim that if somebody is a practicing homosexual, they should be able to force other people to affirm their behavior eventhough the divine law of God states to approve of such behavior is a sin. I am saying that God gave people the free will to choose whether or not to live for Him while the laws of the land grants its citizens the legal right to practice homosexuality if they wish. Therefore, a person has every God-given and legal right to live a gay lifestyle, but they don't have the right to force somebody else into sin because of the personal choices of the practicing homosexual. You are intentionally misconstruing my posts.

Read Matthew 19 again. God permitted Moses to allow man to divorce because of the harndess of his heart. However, if a man and woman divorce for any other reason than adultery, then they cannot marry another without commiting adultery.

Anywho, the divorce argument is irrelevant here.

One more thing, you are trying to say the same discrimination affects both blacks and queer, but the issue with the queer position is it is infringing on other people's right to live for God. There is no scenario where Christianity and homosexual marriage can exist in the same society and both sides recieve equal rights since it is a sin to even approve of the behavior. The right to live for God has to be prioritized over all other rights because that is a person's eternal salvation at stake. Therefore, a Christian cannot view gay marriage as they do heterosexual marriage. To do so would be a sin and send that Christian to Hell as per the divine laws of God. Do you see what I am saying? This is the teaching of the Bible whether a person likes it or not. Personally, I wish this were not a sin. I mean, two consenting adults falling in love and wanting to build a life together and all (and I'd bet that many Christians likely feel this way), but God gave His answer on that and His word is binding if you want to go to Heaven. He holds all the cards here.
    Last edited by rutog98; 04-12-2018 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    God gave His answer on that and His word is binding if you want to go to Heaven. He holds all the cards here.
    I've already been to Heaven
    & After 5 minutes I was like
    LET'S GO

BANNED

No, you are the one discriminating. You are making the claim that if somebody is a practicing homosexual, they should be able to force other people to affirm their behavior eventhough the divine law of God states to approve of such behavior is a sin. I am saying that God gave people the free will to choose whether or not to live for him and the laws of the land grants its citizens the legal right to practice homosexuality if they please. Therefore, a person has every God-given and legal right to live a gay lifestyle, but they don't have the right to force somebody else into sin because of the personal choices of the practicing homosexual. You are intentionally miscontruing my posts.

Read Matthew 19 again. God permitted Moses to allow man to divorce because of the harndess of his heart. However, if a man and woman divorce for any other reason than adultery, then they cannot marry another without commiting adultery.

Anywho, the divorce argument is irrelevant here.

One more thing, you are trying to say the same discrimination affects both blacks and queer, but the issue with the queer position is it is infringing on other people's right to live for God. There is no scenario where Christianity and homosexual marriage can exist in the same society and both recieve equal rights since it is a sin to even approve of the behavior. The right to live for God has to be prioritized over all other rights because that is a person's eternal salvation at stake. Therefore, a Christian cannot view gay marriage as they do heterosexual marriage. To do so would be a sin and send that Christian to Hell as per the divine laws of God. Do you see what I am saying? This is the teaching of the Bible whether a person likes it or not. Personally, I wish this were not a sin. I mean, two consenting adults falling in love and wanting to build a life together and all (and I'd bet that many Christians likely feel this way), but God gave His answer on that and His word is binding if you want to go to Heaven. He holds all the cards here.
    That is not discrimination. That's the opposite of discrimination. I am not forcing anyone to do anything. Making a cake is making a cake. Chefs make food for people they don't agree with all the time because they serve all people regardless of religion, orientation or politics. Conservative Christians get service and no one cares but asking a bigoted Baker to bake a cake isn't the same thing as affirming a marriage. It's baking a cake. It's a service on public streets that they must access to buy goods and ingredients. They have to use public water that they have to bake a cake and property taxes that keep their business afloat, allow for sanitation, policing and a whole host of other services. So no they don't get to use public anything and then discriminate against the public. That's not how the law works.

Not even close to true under Jewish law.

Sandy Hausler

BANNED

That is not discrimination. That's the opposite of discrimination. I am not forcing anyone to do anything. Making a cake is making a cake. Chefs make food for people they don't agree with all the time because they serve all people regardless of religion, orientation or politics. Conservative Christians get service and no one cares but asking a bigoted Baker to bake a cake isn't the same thing as affirming a marriage. It's baking a cake. It's a service on public streets that they must access to buy goods and ingredients. They have to use public water that they have to bake a cake and property taxes that keep their business afloat, allow for sanitation, policing and a whole host of other services. So no they don't get to use public anything and then discriminate against the public. That's not how the law works.
    Baking a cake for the intent of a celebration that affirms sinful behavior is a grey area. I don't know if God considers that a sin or not (His view on this would be the highest authority). That baker is just trying to err on the side of caution just in case it is so he can at least make it to Heaven. If a gay man walked in a bakers store and wanted to order a birthday cake, however, or just a dessert cake for dinner, that baker would have no qualms about selling the gay man a cake in those instances (and it would be a definite sin to deny the gay customer a cake to celebrate a birthday or for a dinner dessert). Now, can you at least try and understand why that baker would be scared to bake a cake for a gay wedding? A ritual that is a sin? He's asking God to bless his business, and then using his business to help out in a gay celebration which is a sin. Also, what about other instances like if a gay couple wanted to get married and wanted to force a judge or somebody else in the courthouse to perform the marriage? It would be a sin to perform such a ceremony, yet a person can be legally compelled to do so against their will. How about when teachers are teaching kids in classrooms to affirm homosexual behavior and parents cannot opt their children out of the lesson? That is a sin because it is a sin to approve of this behavior. If it is legislated that a person can be legally compelled to sin against their will, then the whole gay issue thing becomes much like an established state religion.

This is a completely different issue from the Civil Rights movement which where the blacks used Christianity to fight against the evils of Jim Crow.
    Last edited by rutog98; 04-12-2018 at 12:29 PM.

Baking a cake for the intent of a celebration that affirms sinful behavior is a grey area. I don't know if God considers that a sin or not (His view on this would be the highest authority). That baker is just trying to err on the side of caution just in case it is so he can at least make it to Heaven. If a gay man walked in a bakers store and wanted to order a birthday cake, however, or just a dessert cake for dinner, that baker would have no qualms about selling the gay man a cake in those instances (and it would be a definite sin to deny the gay customer a cake to celebrate a birthday or for a dinner dessert). Now, can you at least try and understand why that baker would be scared to bake a cake for a gay wedding? A ritual that is a sin? He's asking God to bless his business, and then using his business to help out in a gay celebration which is a sin. Also, what about other instances like if a gay couple wanted to get married and wanted to force a judge or somebody else in the courthouse to perform the marriage? It would be a sin to perform such a ceremony, yet a person can be legally compelled to do so against their will. How about when teachers are teaching kids in classrooms to affirm homosexual behavior and parents cannot opt their children out of the lesson? That is a sin because it is a sin to approve of this behavior. If it is legislated that a person can be legally compelled to sin against their will, then the whole gay issue thing becomes much like an established state religion.

This is a completely different issue from the Civil Rights movement which where the blacks used Christianity to fight against the evils of Jim Crow.
    If God is petty enough to sent people to burn in hell forever if they provide a cake for 2 people to love each other...

He ain't straight