Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
  1. #1
    More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,877

    Default Venom #164 and Venomized #1

    Has anyone else checked these out?

    spoilers:
    Claire Dixon from the Carnage series returns and captures Venom, telling Eddie that his symbiote is about to spawn. This is something that the Venom symbiote has been keeping from Eddie. It's extremely refreshing to see a Venom story that is strictly about Venom and his world, and is not just another crossover. All in all, this story was awesome and an amazing segueway into what Cates and Stegman are going to be doing.
    end of spoilers

    spoilers:
    In Venomized, the Poisons attack the X-Men mansion and other Marvel heroes, including Spider-Man, giving them symbiotes so that the Poisons can harness and control Earth's heroes. Spider-Man tries to get the symbiote off using the same church bell from Web of Spider-Man #1, but fails because the symbiote is being controlled in some manner by the Poisons. Cletus Kasady is taken by the Poisons from jail and is being forced to bond to another symbiote. Finally, Venom and the surviving O5 return to Earth to warn the heroes of the threat and join the fight.
    end of spoilers
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

  2. #2
    Mighty Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,894

    Default

    So what the hell is this event? For me it showed up outta nowhere, and it seems it'll affect ASM, anything I need to know about other Venom shit before reading this? Last Venom issue I read was #161 and I didn't read the ones after because I wasn't interested in the crossover with X-Men Blue.

  3. #3
    More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,877

    Default

    It's the direct sequel to Poison-X and the final part of the trilogy started with Venomverse. I'm not sure how it affects ASM, although I'm pretty sure that it takes place before Go Down Swinging. We find out what happened to Kasady after Osborn took his symbiote. This new arc in the main Venom series isn't a crossover at all, it's just a pure Venom story.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

  4. #4
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Has anyone else checked these out?

    spoilers:
    Claire Dixon from the Carnage series returns and captures Venom, telling Eddie that his symbiote is about to spawn. This is something that the Venom symbiote has been keeping from Eddie. It's extremely refreshing to see a Venom story that is strictly about Venom and his world, and is not just another crossover. All in all, this story was awesome and an amazing segueway into what Cates and Stegman are going to be doing.
    end of spoilers

    spoilers:
    In Venomized, the Poisons attack the X-Men mansion and other Marvel heroes, including Spider-Man, giving them symbiotes so that the Poisons can harness and control Earth's heroes. Spider-Man tries to get the symbiote off using the same church bell from Web of Spider-Man #1, but fails because the symbiote is being controlled in some manner by the Poisons. Cletus Kasady is taken by the Poisons from jail and is being forced to bond to another symbiote. Finally, Venom and the surviving O5 return to Earth to warn the heroes of the threat and join the fight.
    end of spoilers
    I haven't had a chance to read Venomized yet but I can say that Venom #164 was awesome. Did not see that final twist coming!

    I'm jazzed for the upcoming Cates/Stegman Venom run but I hope that Costa and Bagley have an opportunity to do more Venom stuff together. They've made a good team.

  5. #5
    Mighty Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    It's the direct sequel to Poison-X and the final part of the trilogy started with Venomverse. I'm not sure how it affects ASM, although I'm pretty sure that it takes place before Go Down Swinging. We find out what happened to Kasady after Osborn took his symbiote. This new arc in the main Venom series isn't a crossover at all, it's just a pure Venom story.
    Well apparently Spidey is getting a symbiote again in Go Down Swinging, so maybe he'll get it from this event. And can I understand the story without reading Venomverse? It was honestly boring to me, is just Poison X enough? That one at least seemed decent enough.

  6. #6
    Extraordinary Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,438

    Talking

    After the last two events with Price & Venomverse and now this I have but one thing to say - Venom overload lol.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  7. #7
    More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Well apparently Spidey is getting a symbiote again in Go Down Swinging, so maybe he'll get it from this event. And can I understand the story without reading Venomverse? It was honestly boring to me, is just Poison X enough? That one at least seemed decent enough.
    Poison-X is good if you like the X-Men. I think Venomverse is worth it just for the alt. universe Carnage.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

  8. #8
    Mighty Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    After the last two events with Price & Venomverse and now this I have but one thing to say - Venom overload lol.
    I'm just shocked Marvel isn't calling these events Maximum Venomage, or, something like that lol, but hey, maybe they'll do it on the next one...

    Edit:

    Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Poison-X is good if you like the X-Men. I think Venomverse is worth it just for the alt. universe Carnage.
    Yeah like I said, Poison X seemed decent enough, I just wasn't interested in Venomverse, I think I stopped reading when Carnage showed up lol.

  9. #9
    More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    After the last two events with Price & Venomverse and now this I have but one thing to say - Venom overload lol.
    Probably because of the movie. After Venomized, I think he's going to be more restricted to his own series and Amazing Spider-Man (though I think he might have an appearance in the upcoming Infinity event).
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

  10. #10
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,432

    Default

    I don't know what the Poisons are trying to do with Cletus Cassidy; but considering the Symbiote Carnage was put aside for "Go Down Swinging", do you think maybe Cletus will become the new "RAZE"? You know, the new symbiote from the Carnage series that spawned from Carnage.

  11. #11
    Helping the Helpless Denirac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I don't know what the Poisons are trying to do with Cletus Cassidy; but considering the Symbiote Carnage was put aside for "Go Down Swinging", do you think maybe Cletus will become the new "RAZE"? You know, the new symbiote from the Carnage series that spawned from Carnage.
    What if this is just bringing Cletus back, not to give him a new role, but so he’s in play again at the time of Go Down Swinging (maybe he can split the Carnage Symbiote’s Loyalty to Osborn like Flash and Eddie did to Venom, leading to the return of Carnage)

  12. #12
    Extraordinary Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Probably because of the movie. After Venomized, I think he's going to be more restricted to his own series and Amazing Spider-Man (though I think he might have an appearance in the upcoming Infinity event).
    It isn't Venom himself I'm annoyed with rather all the damn doubles of the Venom Symbiote lol. It is the 1990s through early 2000s' all over again; first Carnage, then the Life Foundation Symbiotes, then Hybrid, then Toxin, then a Venom Double, then multiple people became Venom until thankfully Flash made the role his own.
    Last edited by Celgress; 04-05-2018 at 03:55 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  13. #13
    More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    It isn't Venom himself I'm not happy about rather all the damn doubles of the Venom Symbiote lol.
    You mean in the movie or the comics. After Venomized, I think there's gonna be only one Venom-looking symbiote running around.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

  14. #14
    Mighty Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    You mean in the movie or the comics. After Venomized, I think there's gonna be only one Venom-looking symbiote running around.
    Two actualy.

    https://www.newsarama.com/39390-amaz...ng-around.html

    Unless it turns out this costume isn't a symbiote lol.

  15. #15
    Extraordinary Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    You mean in the movie or the comics. After Venomized, I think there's gonna be only one Venom-looking symbiote running around.
    In the comics. See my above post for more info.

    I think I'm going to have Venom/Symbiote burn out again at this rate....
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •