Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default Preview - EXiles #1

Saladin Ahmed (W)
    Javier Rodriguez & Alvaro Lopez (A)
    David Marquez (CA)

DON’T BLINK – THE EXILES ARE BACK! Fan-favorite X-Man Blink once joined a team destined to save not just the world, but the entire Multiverse. And now, her teleporting talents are needed once again! When a mysterious threat begins eating away at the fabric of the Multiverse, the Unseen – the man once known as Nick Fury who now can only observe Earth from a lofty post on the moon – must recruit a champion to save it. But she can’t do it alone. Who will join Blink’s new team – and can they ever go home again?

told y'all she's black!

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

LMAO. I knew you'd enjoy that lol But Blink is one character to cross off the list. So good. There no controversy on that anymore. Unless some people are trolling.

Anyway, the art is up & down, which is to be expected in a first chapter when an artist is probably still finding their groove with the characters. Blink looks great in the scene with her aunt. But then other pages, she's not done much justice. I think it'll be great when it evens out.

And she's GREAT on that 2nd variant cover. May be my favorite shot of her with her new style.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 04-05-2018 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    LMAO. I knew you'd enjoy that lol But Blink is one character to cross off the list. So good. There no controversy on that anymore. Unless some people are trolling.

Anyway, the art is up & down, which is to be expected in a first chapter when an artist is probably still finding their groove with the characters. Blink looks great in the scene with her aunt. But then other pages, she's not done much justice. I think it'll be great when it evens out.

And she's GREAT on that 2nd variant cover. May be my favorite shot of her with her new style.
    Yeah, I think it's just a matter of Rodriguez needing to get back into the swing of things with the characters, cause the scene with Clarice and her aunt look A M A Z I N G!

and as a size, finally!!!! weren't there lol saying she wasn't even related to the lady @ the table?? anyways, glad that's off the table unless someone's gonna make an argument just to make an argument.

Astonishing Member

she can't be related in the normal way because that scene is impossible in the Age of Apocalypse. She has to be an AU version of her aunt.
    I always thought Blink was black btw.

This makes me think that Blink hasnt been living in the AoA for years. She wasn't there in the 2012 AoA book, that ended in a crossover with the Dazzler book about killing evil Xaviers that was also pretty much an EXiles book.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post

told y'all she's black!
    I looooooove this scene. lol haters gonna be sooooo mad.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    she can't be related in the normal way because that scene is impossible in the Age of Apocalypse. She has to be an AU version of her aunt.
    To potential haters using alt uni's for their agenda we know that: A.Blink's Not surprised her mom's sister is black and B. She grew up hearing her parents speak with a West Indies accent
    sew...

This makes me think that Blink hasnt been living in the AoA for years. She wasn't there in the 2012 AoA book, that ended in a crossover with the Dazzler book about killing evil Xaviers that was also pretty much an EXiles book.
    Ugh why would she go back?
    GrindrStone(D)

She mentions in the preview that she is an AU version of her aunt.

Anyway, this looks like a fun ride. I'm in.

Wait a minute. Blink recognised Khan as Ms Marvel... but the thunderbolt shouldn't give that away (Kamala sometimes wears that even in her civvies) and a combination of aging and the domino mask the younger Kamala wears should've obscured her identity. So has Blink visited another universe previously where her secret identity had been outed?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I take it this is a mini, because there's no way it makes it past six or eight issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    I take it this is a mini, because there's no way it makes it past six or eight issues.
    Lotta folks didn't think it'd see print. She surprises the hata's...Blink and next thing ya know its their 50th issue
    GrindrStone(D)

I love Blink and her role in The Gifted has helped remind me why she's such a great character. While I'm waiting for the next season of that show, I think this will help tide me over.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

This is an Avengers book. Look at the editors.

BANNED

Um...I'll pass.

THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD 924COLLECTIVE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Um...I'll pass.
    Exiles has been in limbo for 9 years. Why is Marvel re-launching this title with such sub-par
    artists? It is clear Marvel is running the comics into the ground a little more every day.

Why is a Million Dollar Company, owned by a Billion Dollar Behemoth consistently producing sub-par products?
    924COLLECTIVE IS GETTING THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD BACK TOGETHER: ANOLE, DUST, ELIXIR, GENTLE, HELLION, PIXIE, PRODIGY, SURGE, THE STEPFORD CUCKOOS , & X-23.