Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    It's probably best to make a separate thread. Usually that's how it goes. Plus, this thread has been derailed with controversy. I don't exclude myself in responsibility for that. lol
    the DC threads combine the two. it's actually kind of nice. Like "Batman #44 preview" but then people come back in that same thread and discuss...which makes sense since it just continues the discussion started in the preview.

Not sure if the different sub forums have different rules when to comes to that.

and just ANYTHING Claremont + Psylocke is awful after his first run. Just forget it all and go forward lol.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    ^Ya'll are just looking to argue about the most off topic stuff
    lol just serving your weak sauce back to ya
    but cause You can't swallow it, you project

Quote Originally Posted by Cerridwen View Post
    this looks horrible.
    How?
    Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    So is this the place to discuss the actual issue as well or just the preview? I thought it was fun and wish to discuss.
    I literally finished reading s a few minutes ago. Was thinking about writing a review
    .but Psych paper awaits! !!
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

the DC threads combine the two. it's actually kind of nice. Like "Batman #44 preview" but then people come back in that same thread and discuss...which makes sense since it just continues the discussion started in the preview.

Not sure if the different sub forums have different rules when to comes to that.

and just ANYTHING Claremont + Psylocke is awful after his first run. Just forget it all and go forward lol.
    That could work. And it would make the main page less cluttered. I just recommend a new thread for any wanting to leave the race debates behind and start fresh with reviews on just the art & chapter events.

With the state of comics these days, I get used to writing things off as non-canon in my head. It just gets harder to do when the badness won't stop coming. lol

BANNED

That could work. And it would make the main page less cluttered. I just recommend a new thread for any wanting to leave the race debates behind and start fresh with reviews on just the art & chapter events.

With the state of comics these days, I get used to writing things off as non-canon in my head. It just gets harder to do when the badness won't stop coming. lol
    I'd just like to leave those types of debates behind period tbh. I have a problem taking the bait and I need to work on that.

As bad as comics are these days I want know how I can be hired to write. Because it seems like no matter how bad you and how upset the fans are they'll just keep giving you books to write. It looks like a really easy pay check. Just write what you want and ignore everything else that came before...the editors don't care. They could have Sabertooth rip open a guy and the next panel petting a bunny and having a tea party and the editors would go "eh seems ok"

Or a complete race swap!!
    GrindrStone(D)

I'd just like to leave those types of debates behind period tbh. I have a problem taking the bait and I need to work on that.

As bad as comics are these days I want know how I can be hired to write. Because it seems like no matter how bad you and how upset the fans are they'll just keep giving you books to write. It looks like a really easy pay check. Just write what you want and ignore everything else that came before...the editors don't care. They could have Sabertooth rip open a guy and the next panel petting a bunny and having a tea party and the editors would go "eh seems ok"
    Or like how Creed's inversion and everything in Uncanny has been ignored. Now that one may be intentional lol They simply wanted him evil again because Wolverine is back, which is bad writing in itself.

I see this as the Marvel slogan
    Continuity = Toilet Paper. Wipe your ass with it & flush. lol

Like all these characters have over 5 different backstories, then taking the cheap way out with Weapon X and "memory implants."

Remember the first issue of the original Exiles, where five character popped into a dessert out of nowhere, the Timebroker appears and tells them how they got there and what they have to do and then sends them on their way? I have the feeling that the set up here is going to take a couple more issues before things start moving. That's not to say that issue 1 is bad, but I miss the good old days when things could be explained in four or five pages (or less -- remember the origins of Batman and Superman, each completed in a single page).

And as to the Unseen -- it's hard to believe he was ever Nick Fury.

Sandy Hausler

BANNED

Or like how Creed's inversion and everything in Uncanny has been ignored. Now that one may be intentional lol They simply wanted him evil again because Wolverine is back, which is bad writing in itself.

Like all these characters have over 5 different backstories, then taking the cheap way out with Weapon X and "memory implants."
    The continuity thing is jaw dropping. Not only are they ignoring past & Older continuity...but literally the series that were launched and cancelled a year or two ago. Is each relaunch a different alt. reality?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Remember the first issue of the original Exiles, where five character popped into a dessert out of nowhere, the Timebroker appears and tells them how they got there and what they have to do and then sends them on their way? I have the feeling that the set up here is going to take a couple more issues before things start moving. That's not to say that issue 1 is bad, but I miss the good old days when things could be explained in four or five pages (or less -- remember the origins of Batman and Superman, each completed in a single page).

And as to the Unseen -- it's hard to believe he was ever Nick Fury.

Sandy Hausler
    Brisk pacing is definitely something comics could use more of.

Spectacular Member comradepitrovsky's Avatar

Wasn't like, the last arc in Uncanny all about how the inversion was wearing off and how, despite Creed trying to hold onto being a better person, killing was coming easier and easier to him? It was the issue with Rachel and Monet, in Limbo, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by comradepitrovsky View Post
    Wasn't like, the last arc in Uncanny all about how the inversion was wearing off and how, despite Creed trying to hold onto being a better person, killing was coming easier and easier to him? It was the issue with Rachel and Monet, in Limbo, I think.
    Sure, he was struggling with the inversion in chapter 17 when he feels himself slipping. But we skipped over his struggles, and just fast-forward to him being manically evil again in Weapon X. Same with Monet.

Sabretooth is just randomly evil again. It was Bunncanny 17, where he thinks about not wanting to be a monster again, and becoming something different. Now we got him in Weapon X, and he's just as much of a monster as he always was. His struggle, his relationship with Monet, and any development he had or could've had has been ignored. And he's back to hating Logan and attacking him again, which is what the latest Weapon X chapters have been about. Now he's just one-note as cardboard. Pak has had him longer than any other writer since AXIS, and has done the least with him, on top of completely resetting him.

So since he's just be reset to a villain, and the inversion / AXIS has no repercussions for his character, it makes the entire thing worthless, and possibly non-canon.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 04-13-2018 at 12:50 PM.

I didn't think I would like it based on the preview, but the opening pages helped to set it up better. Adding to my pull list to see where it goes.

He is bringing that same narration style that made Black Bolt good.

I enjoyed this. It would've been nice to get the whole team together in the first issue but that's modern decompression for you. I actually like Rodriguez's panel lay outs. They're quite inventive. I'm definitely sticking with this book.

I finally read it and liked it overall. I'm not fond of the Time eater thing at the min, it feels a bit too much like New Avengers at the min. Blink seemed a bit too happy-go-lucky than I remember which bothered me as well.