Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat99 View Post
    Why does Ms. Marvel look like a man?
    she's older?? Living in a warzone gives you stress lines??..

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat99 View Post
    I've always really liked Blink.
    You only liked her when she had her 'good' hair lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by brohomo View Post
    she's older?? Living in a warzone gives you stress lines??..

You only liked her when she had her 'good' hair lol
    lmao!!!! <3

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Finally another Exiles book, and Blink. I'm looking forward to this and what i have seen has wet my appetite.

THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD 924COLLECTIVE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    Art looks great. I'm looking forward to this. Hopefully with the Tallus about it references the previous stuff with the Exiles. (apart from the Claremont stuff)
    My eight year old nephew draws better superheroes...
    924COLLECTIVE IS GETTING THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD BACK TOGETHER: ANOLE, DUST, ELIXIR, GENTLE, HELLION, PIXIE, PRODIGY, SURGE, THE STEPFORD CUCKOOS , & X-23.

Quote Originally Posted by 924COLLECTIVE View Post
    My eight year old nephew draws better superheroes...
    Bet his stories have Austen-level plot holes and are filled with continuity erors
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Bet his stories have Austen-level plot holes and are filled with continuity erors
    He is actually in an accelerated learning program for gifted students with a focus on creative writing.

I gifted him the last Exiles re-launch from 2009, so he is well versed in alternate reality universes.
    924COLLECTIVE IS GETTING THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD BACK TOGETHER: ANOLE, DUST, ELIXIR, GENTLE, HELLION, PIXIE, PRODIGY, SURGE, THE STEPFORD CUCKOOS , & X-23.

He is actually in an accelerated learning program for gifted students with a focus on creative writing.

I gifted him the last Exiles re-launch from 2009, so he is well versed in alternate reality universes.
    He's probably already signed to DC
    they get all the talent....*le sigh*
    GrindrStone(D)

He's probably already signed to DC
    they get all the talent....*le sigh*
    I would never allow it. I would rather help him launch his own independent project with my own time and money.

I would never allow it. I would rather help him launch his own independent project with my own time and money.
    Just to likely end up producing a Manga...smdh kids....
    thanks OBAMA!

Another really weird thing I noticed....how many comic fans buy books based on if the characters look good...not in a coherent, drawing sorta way but in a real life physical attraction. Or that's what some of the insane comments on Twitter lead me to believe. Poor Ms MarvelKhan they really dog her out.
    It's hard to argue against them tho. It's sooo Silly
    GrindrStone(D)

thanks OBAMA!

Another really weird thing I noticed....how many comic fans buy books based on if the characters look good...not in a coherent, drawing sorta way but in a real life physical attraction. Or that's what some of the insane comments on Twitter lead me to believe. Poor Ms MarvelKhan they really dog her out.
    Comics are a visual medium. The art complements the story. The story complements the art. If either are sub-par I avoid them all together.
    We no longer live in the era of $1.25 comics. I usually just wait for the trade if the books are any good. And that happens less and less...

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

thanks OBAMA!

Attraction sells for many people. So if their favorites don't look good, they possibly avoid it. It happens in all forms of media. Anime. Manga. Comics. Live-Action Films where they're crushing on the actor or actress.

I won't lie. The ONLY reason I struggle to drop Weapon X is because Sabretooth has been drawn in an appealing manner for the most part. Cinar is drawing chapters 17-19, and I wanna check them out for him only. I know the writing will be sickening, so haven't decided if I am gonna cave and flip through them yet.

But, as Sabretooth fan, given how often he's dogged out, I will take a good story & development with bad art. I can't afford to pass on good writing given how rare it is.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 04-06-2018 at 04:49 PM.

I'd like to point out that there's no such thing as a singular 'West Indian accent', but Bahamians usually sound very American to other Caribbean folks.

Blink is [finally] black and Ms. Marvel has transitioned... into Khaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!
    Last edited by nx01a; 04-06-2018 at 04:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I can get behind this redesign...

So what you’re saying is that he could get a job at current Marvel easy

Comics are a visual medium. The art complements the story. The story complements the art. If either are sub-par I avoid them all together.
    We no longer live in the era of $1.25 comics. I usually just wait for the trade if the books are any good. And that happens less and less...
    Ive always just liked the story infinitely better....everytime we went to Florida i haaad to go to a LCS, buy a bunch id be finished with them before we crossed back into Alabama and back to annoying my lil brother prib why my mom suggested TPBs
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Attraction sells for many people. So if their favorites don't look good, they possibly avoid it. It happens in all forms of media. Anime. Manga. Comics. Live-Action Films where they're crushing on the actor or actress.

I won't lie. The ONLY reason I struggle to drop Weapon X is because Sabretooth has been drawn in an appealing manner for the most part. Cinar is drawing chapters 17-19, and I wanna check them out for him only. I know the writing will be sickening, so haven't decided if I am gonna cave and flip through them yet.

But, as Sabretooth fan, given how often he's dogged out, I will take a good story & development with bad art. I can't afford to pass on good writing given how rare it is.
    Yeah but Khan is supposed to look like a war torn gritty survivor idk what people want from that? Jennifer Tilly?
    GrindrStone(D)