Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Ive always just liked the story infinitely better....everytime we went to Florida i haaad to go to a LCS, buy a bunch id be finished with them before we crossed back into Alabama and back to annoying my lil brother prib why my mom suggested TPBs
    Yeah but Khan is supposed to look like a war torn gritty survivor idk what people want from that? Jennifer Tilly?
    I can agree with you there. Some do tend to get carried away. But sadly, some have be desensitized by media. Like in many Live-Action films where strong female soldiers and characters get played by the super-model women that don't look like they fought a day in life. lol

Basically, many have already expected this.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...NeverTarnished
    Typical cliche that women should never look as bad or worn as men from fighting or war.

She goes by Khan and she looks like Khan Noonien Singh. That's a bit on the nose, and I find it hilaRious!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    She goes by Khan and she looks like Khan Noonien Singh. That's a bit on the nose, and I find it hilaRious!
    Now I believe you are delusional sir beyond repair lol
    Ricardo Montalbán is SEX
    Kamela Khan is NeXt
    lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Now I believe you are delusional sir beyond repair lol
    Ricardo Montalbán is SEX
    Kamela Khan is NeXt
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I'd like to point out that there's no such thing as a singular 'West Indian accent', but Bahamians usually sound very American to other Caribbean folks.
    I was wondering about that line of dialogue. Seemed...strange.

Something to note: Blink is from the island of Cartusia, which is fictional (at least, I can never find anything about it in a Google search [that isn't related to Blink]).

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    I take it this is a mini, because there's no way it makes it past six or eight issues.
    Not with that art it won't

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Not with that art it won't
    If GenX made it to 12 issues with this art,
    RCO003.jpg
    then Exiles will be fine.

More often than not, what'll kill it is the roster, given the title is Exiles, but only Blink has returned from the old series. I think a roster change was stated to happen, but depends if people are patient enough.

Does anyone else get a weird vibe from the dialogue on the first page or is it just me? It just seems like it’s full of clunky exposition that doesn’t seem at all like a natural conversation. And what Earth is that? If it’s 616 and that’s AoA Blink then does that mean that AoA Blink has interacted with her 616 counterpart?

The art is also really wonky looking and ugly.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I can agree with you there. Some do tend to get carried away. But sadly, some have be desensitized by media. Like in many Live-Action films where strong female soldiers and characters get played by the super-model women that don't look like they fought a day in life. lol

Basically, many have already expected this.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...NeverTarnished
    Typical cliche that women should never look as bad or worn as men from fighting or war.
    I think that some of the live actions stuff is that if you really beat up a male actor in the movie then it's fine and makes him look tougher and such and if you do that to an actress then some people can get upset at that and things can get messy...

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    Does anyone else get a weird vibe from the dialogue on the first page or is it just me? It just seems like it’s full of clunky exposition that doesn’t seem at all like a natural conversation.
    l liked it. It seemed like it was The natural conversation between an orphan who grew up n a literal Dystopia,probably saw a buncha F' d up stuff as kid, grew up to be a hero, only to be ripped from that reality hopping from one to another ...who is shocked/uncomfortable
    About hanging out with a rrealitve i think its sorta endearing.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    And what Earth is that? If it’s 616 and that’s AoA Blink then does that mean that AoA Blink has interacted with her 616 counterpart?
    Why would they have to interact??

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    I was wondering about that line of dialogue. Seemed...strange.

Something to note: Blink is from the island of Cartusia, which is fictional (at least, I can never find anything about it in a Google search [that isn't related to Blink]).
    lol
    So Noooow folks from the West Indies don't have accents
    Last edited by BroHomo; 04-07-2018 at 05:46 AM.
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    If GenX made it to 12 issues with this art,
    RCO003.jpg
    then Exiles will be fine.

More often than not, what'll kill it is the roster, given the title is Exiles, but only Blink has returned from the old series. I think a roster change was stated to happen, but depends if people are patient enough.
    Exiles is famous for not keeping a steady roster. Valkyrie is there as a way to bring the movie version into the comics without replacing the existing comics version - but she could end up leaving for Thor when that eventually changes creative team. Wolvie is there for comic relief I assume, so he could go in a Shoo Out the Clowns situation. Iron Lad has a destiny as the founder of the Young Avengers, so his time will be finite. Khan's there because they want to grab the Ms Marvel fanbase. Her longevity depends on how this drastically different AU version is received.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

lol
    So Noooow folks from the West Indies don't have accents
    Yes, that is exactly what was said...

El oh El indeed.

Yes, that is exactly what was said...

El oh El indeed.
    *written*

But makes not less ridiculously ridiculous. most Americans have accents. Every person from WI I've met has had an accent ....and I'm from Alabama
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

*written*

But makes not less ridiculously ridiculous. most Americans have accents. Every person from WI I've met has had an accent ....and I'm from Alabama
    *typed*

El oh El.

*typed*

El oh El.
    *noted*
    lol
    Who says you cant have pun with Fonics?

It's still a mystery as to what that poster was even clutching for. Like Damn Blink can't have memories of someone with an accent speaking to her before her world went to ****?
    GrindrStone(D)