Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

I've decided I'm going to buy the first issue and give it a try because I've always loved the Blink character and I dig her new look...though I'm still not digging the artist and I'm really disliking the manly Ms. Marvel.

I read all of Royals, and I wasn't a fan of Rodriguez's artwork there either, but it wasn't so bad that I stopped collecting the title. So, I'll give this a try and see. I hope they prove me wrong...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    What do you not like about it....
    The terrible humor, Kamala hating being called Ms. Marvel but still wearing the costume decades later like it's the only thing she's ever owned, and the first page.
    Oh lordy, the first page.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    It’s also kind of a bunch of bs that the second they decided to make her “black” they visually linked her hair up. U know how many West indie girls I know with actual long wavy/straight hair naturally?? A lot, yo.
    The Caribbean is a wonderful mixture of races, mostly black, and that straight or wavy hair if it's on a black woman? Remy weave or its been straightened. The eurocentricity can be real.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by majormcmeat View Post
    The terrible humor, Kamala hating being called Ms. Marvel but still wearing the costume decades later like it's the only thing she's ever owned, and the first page.
    Oh lordy, the first page.
    Yeah the humour is kinda choppy, but not X-MEN Gold cringe-worthy, theres numerous reasons why she'd hate the codename but wear the costume. I'm not gonna assume buuut what's wrong with the first page??
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    the only things that would make me buy this would be resurrecting Mimic or having Ruby Summers in it. I don't like the roster. it's Blink + another wolverine + non xmen characters
    I'm definitely on board, but the character that has to join the team is Morph, and I understand that that is happening.

Sandy Hausler

THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD 924COLLECTIVE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I'm definitely on board, but the character that has to join the team is Morph, and I understand that that is happening.

Sandy Hausler
    Two cheers for comic relief.
    924COLLECTIVE IS GETTING THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD BACK TOGETHER: ANOLE, DUST, ELIXIR, GENTLE, HELLION, PIXIE, PRODIGY, SURGE, THE STEPFORD CUCKOOS , & X-23.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Yeah the humour is kinda choppy, but not X-MEN Gold cringe-worthy, theres numerous reasons why she'd hate the codename but wear the costume. I'm not gonna assume buuut what's wrong with the first page??
    She points out that she's never visited any version of her parent's hometown, so why now? The third panel suggests family is important to her, but she never sought them out?
    The inhuman exposition to try to make you care about this character and her connection to Blink in just one page is downright hack writing.
    What about this universe's Blink? Why would this person believe her story and welcome her into the family?

It's all the same lazy, hokey bullshit that Marvel has published a lot of in recent years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    It’s also kind of a bunch of bs that the second they decided to make her “black” they visually linked her hair up. U know how many West indie girls I know with actual long wavy/straight hair naturally?? A lot, yo.
    It's confusing considering how many times she's been portrayed by Asian actresses. It seemed like that was the cannon marvel was going with since "pink/purple girl with an irish sounding name" just screams any particular race.

HATE the haircut...every time. EVERY. TIME. Marvel puts a woman in charge they chop off her hair. WTF!? WHYYY?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    It's confusing considering how many times she's been portrayed by Asian actresses. It seemed like that was the cannon marvel was going with since "pink/purple girl with an irish sounding name" just screams any particular race.

HATE the haircut...every time. EVERY. TIME. Marvel puts a woman in charge they chop off her hair. WTF!? WHYYY?
    Marvel's form of feminism means that women need to look and act masculine to be proper leaders.

Yeah the hair is absolutely atrocious and totally spoils her look. It looks good when Mckone draws her on variant cover with it straightened. It looks like someone stuck a blob of candy floss on her head

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Marvel's form of feminism means that women need to look and act masculine to be proper leaders.
    Apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Yeah the hair is absolutely atrocious and totally spoils her look. It looks good when Mckone draws her on variant cover with it straightened. It looks like someone stuck a blob of candy floss on her head
    exactly!

And I'm all for Morph...One great thing about the first eXiles was the balance of personalities and humor. Even when she was fighting Hyperion..stuffing him with sand was LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Lol. So short hair equals masculine?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    Lol. So short hair equals masculine?
    Long flowing unrealistic unattainable Disney Princess hair = femininity

Storm's mowhawk is a completely different entity.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    just say y'all hate black hair and go lmao.

Long flowing unrealistic unattainable Disney Princess hair = femininity

Storm's mowhawk is a completely different entity.
    Disagree but whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    just say y'all hate black hair and go lmao.
    Lol. Right?!