Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Preview: Scarlet Spider#17

https://www.cbr.com/ben-reilly-the-scarlet-spider-17/

Looks like Ben's trying to honor his part of the bargain

"What kind of idiot makes a deal with the devil?"

So there wasn't some weird plan and he'd trick Mephisto, it was just him listening to the Parker genes. I fear for Kaine now lol.

this will end badly. Ben should have told Peter, maybe he could have used the Loki favor to get out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    this will end badly. Ben should have told Peter, maybe he could have used the Loki favor to get out of it.
    That wouldn't make any sense, first of all, Ben didn't have time, second, even if he did, Peter and Ben wouldn't get along well because of the events of Clone Conspiracy, not to mention Peter would be surprised at Ben still being alive, third, the favor has been used up already (Since Damnation happens after Loki stopped being Sorcerer Supreme, and the favor was ysed up while he was), and fourth, there's no guarantee the Loki favor would help.

Stupid is as stupid does sir. How disappointing, well what more can one say...
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

At least Ben realizes he's an idiot and that making deals with a personification of evil isn't the way to go about being a hero, even if it is for semi-altruistic reasons. That's more sense than Peter displayed in OMD.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    At least Ben realizes he's an idiot and that making deals with a personification of evil isn't the way to go about being a hero, even if it is for semi-altruistic reasons. That's more sense than Peter displayed in OMD.
    Good point, I still hate this whole idea though.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Well, it looks like this Mephisto story is going to suck just about the same as every other Mephisto story. Another one to cross off your list.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Incredible Member

I can't really see Ben holding up on his end of whatever Mephiso wants from him ( "join me" seems rather vague and generic) just for the simple fact the things he's offering to help Ben with are pretty major plot threads of the series and we know at the very least there's one more arc after this so imho it's too soon for those threads to be resolved.

well, yeah...this is just the dramatic set up. the resolution will probably/hopefully be something we don't see coming.
    troo fan or death

I'm pretty sure Ben just made the deal with Mephisto to trick him into thinking he is on his side.

Quote Originally Posted by Daska View Post
    I'm pretty sure Ben just made the deal with Mephisto to trick him into thinking he is on his side.
    Then that would contradict the preview completely lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Then that would contradict the preview completely lol.
    Yeah you're right, my bad. My computer was lagging and I only saw the first page of the preview when I posted that.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    well, yeah...this is just the dramatic set up. the resolution will probably/hopefully be something we don't see coming.

I'd say it's about time for Death to pay Ben another visit She already paid him a visit once after he beat the crap out of Thorne to warn him about staying on the right path to being a hero and saving his soul and now he's basically ignoring the second chance granted him by death in favor of striking a deal with a Hell Lord
    Last edited by classicgmer; 04-08-2018 at 12:00 PM.

BANNED

spoilers:
    Ben comes to his senses and hesitates to shoot Wong, he battles a possessed Kane and frees him from Mephisto's control, but Kane is dissapointed to hear Ben made the deal at all and gives him the kind of telling off that Peter is long overdue for the same thing
    end of spoilers