Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    The Claw of Justice!

Default Do you want new Hellboy figures?

It’s been 13 years since Mezco’s comic Hellboy toy line hit shelves. Unfortunately, it only lasted two waves, and didn’t even end up completing the core Plague of Frogs BPRD team. Despite this, it’s still beloved by collectors, because the figures were so damn good. The incredible sculpts reflected Mike Mignola’s art in 3D, while remaining very posable and fun. It’s no wonder many fans wish the line had continued.

Since the end of the Mezco line there has been a bit of comic-based Mignolaverse merchandise, but few high-quality articulated figures. But with a new Hellboy movie on the horizon, I can’t help but hope new figures are coming. I’ll gladly take any sort of nice Mignolaverse figures, but my wish is for an expansive comic-based line, including many of the past characters as well as those introduced in the last decade. I’d like to see the “comic art in 3D” style of the Mezcos continued, but this time with figures based on more artists’ work, since the Mignolaverse has so many more creators now than it did in 2005.

Unfortunately, many characters are probably obscure enough that they would struggle to sell. Perhaps something like a Kickstarter would be the way to get figures of characters outside of the “heavy hitters” like Hellboy and Abe?

So what do you think? Do you want new Mignolaverse figures? Would you be interested in characters besides the most iconic ones? I’m curious to see what you all think.

Fantastic Member

Honestly, I’m not a big action figure guy, but those Mezco figures were great. I’d love to get more, but I’m thinking I’d we get anything it’ll be movie tie ins. For deeper cuts, I’d kill for a frog monster figure I can buy 40 of, and a Hecate would be awesome.

The LoJo figure is one of the greatest action figures ever produced.

The reality is that action figures are insanely expensive to produce. They have to do really well in order for them to be profitable. I don't know that a Kickstarter would raise enough to get a line going. You'd probably have to do a new one for each figure.

Maybe after the movie is out, and has done well, there could be enough interest to make some more.

The Claw of Justice!

Quote Originally Posted by zerodemon View Post
    Honestly, I’m not a big action figure guy, but those Mezco figures were great. I’d love to get more, but I’m thinking I’d we get anything it’ll be movie tie ins. For deeper cuts, I’d kill for a frog monster figure I can buy 40 of, and a Hecate would be awesome.
    My guess would be NECA or Diamond Select (maybe even Mezco in their One:12 Collective line) makes Hellboy from the new movie.

Frog monsters and BPRD grunts would be great army-builders.

I don't have all of the old Mezcos, but aside from the characters they already made my top wishlist would be:
    Lord Baltimore (how badass would a Baltimore figure based on the cover of the novel be?!)
    Kate Corrigan
    Ben Daimio (Kate and Ben were the two biggest omissions from the Mezco line IMO. They would complete the core Plague of Frogs team.)
    Sir Edward Grey
    One-eyed, grey Hellboy from Hellboy in Hell
    Frankenstein
    Koshchei
    Sledgehammer
    EDIT: Forgot to add Joe Golem.

I would be satisfied with just Baltimore, Kate, Ben, and Ed Grey though. Baltimore is my #1 want, but the rest of the list isn't really in order.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    The LoJo figure is one of the greatest action figures ever produced.

The reality is that action figures are insanely expensive to produce. They have to do really well in order for them to be profitable. I don't know that a Kickstarter would raise enough to get a line going. You'd probably have to do a new one for each figure.

Maybe after the movie is out, and has done well, there could be enough interest to make some more.
    Yeah, that Lobster figure is awesome!
    There have been successful action figure lines on Kickstarter, but I have no idea if the Mignolaverse is popular enough for that to work.
    Last edited by LobsterJohnson; 04-07-2018 at 04:06 PM.

Sure, I guess I just don't particularly see the Kate Corrigan Action Figure Kickstarter being a barn burner.

If you get a company that already has default generic bodies, then it's far less expensive to produce something like that.

Seriously, look up toy mold costs. It's bananas.

If there are new figures related to the coming movie, I wonder how far before the movie's actual release date we could see them?
    (Also, how will Toys 'R Us shutting down effect other places where they might be found?)

All-New Member

Speaking of the Mezco Hellboy figures, just taken a look at my rocket pack Hellboy and have a quick question. Is the wire running from the switch in Hellboy's hand actually attached to anything up his sleeve, or is it loose? Mine has a loose wire tucked up his sleeve so, if it is supposed to be attached, I've broken it somehow.

Any help much appreciated.

elmer

The Claw of Justice!

Quote Originally Posted by elmer View Post
    Speaking of the Mezco Hellboy figures, just taken a look at my rocket pack Hellboy and have a quick question. Is the wire running from the switch in Hellboy's hand actually attached to anything up his sleeve, or is it loose? Mine has a loose wire tucked up his sleeve so, if it is supposed to be attached, I've broken it somehow.

Any help much appreciated.

elmer
    I don't have that figure, but I would be happy to ask on an action figure forum if you want.
    @lobster20000 on Instagram

The Claw of Justice!

Oh hell yes!
    @lobster20000 on Instagram

Amazing Member

oh, yeah, this guy looks amazing.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I like that the hand of doom looks very posable

I've always been pretty selective when it comes to buying action figures; but this one is definitely on my radar now. I may have to free up some space on the shelves at home.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by LobsterJohnson View Post
    I don't have that figure, but I would be happy to ask on an action figure forum if you want.
    I would be eternally grateful if you could.

Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elmer View Post
    I would be eternally grateful if you could.

Many thanks
    I have that figure and the wire is not attached to anything on mine as well. It's not broken, it's the way it was designed.