Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    This does get back to the initial thread title, and something I am sure has been said many times already....Disney ruin Indiana Jones? Didn't Lucas and Spielberg already beat them to the punch with Crystal Skull?
    pretty much
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Also, in between the Arc of the Covenant and the Holy Grail, we got some stones that glowed. And Indy being in it for fame and glory was just so out of character.
    You are aware that Temple takes places chronologically before Raiders right? It's a sequel that's actually a chronological prequel.

Sometimes, when I watch the trilogy, I watch Temple first. Young Indy, Temple, Raiders, Last Crusade.

I'm really due for another Young Indy re-watch I've just realized. Young Indy, besides A.Graffiti, being a great artistic triumph in Lucas's career IMHO.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-07-2022 at 05:51 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    You are aware that Temple takes places chronologically before Raiders right? It's a sequel that's actually a chronological prequel.

Sometimes, when I watch the trilogy, I watch Temple first. Young Indy, Temple, Raiders, Last Crusade.

I'm really due for another Young Indy re-watch I've just realized. Young Indy, besides A.Graffiti, being a great artistic triumph in Lucas's career I think.
    Yes, I am. I saw it opening night at Mann's Chinese. But even the young Indy at the beginning of Last Crusade is not a glory hound. And his father has instilled in him a sense of history and the importance of these treasures to the world. I'll stick with what I said about it being out of character. . If you watch Young Indy first (which I agree is a triumph) then his character in TOD is all the more jarring.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    But even the young Indy at the beginning of Last Crusade is not a glory hound. And his father has instilled in him a sense of history and the importance of these treasures to the world. I'll stick with what I said about it being out of character. . If you watch Young Indy first (which I agree is a triumph) then his character in TOD is all the more jarring.
    We'll agree to disagree. I can see your view. I really love that Temple (and even in tandem with Last Crusade) maybe implies or suggests that adulthood and life experiences (like perhaps the influence of Indy's experience with Garth/Fedora, that guy who works for the Panama Hat that young Indy surrenders the Coronado cross to) for a time darkened Indy, made him more cynical, less idealistic ....more capitalistic. That once, Indy really wasn't so far from becoming Belloq. But India changed Indy, brought him back some to his better angels.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-07-2022 at 06:30 AM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Personally on TOD regardless of it's flaws I think it's got the best last half hour of any of the films action-wise (despite some iffy blue screen work in some shots). Also some of John William's best music.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

So is there going to be a version of "The Illuminati" with this new story? Will Indiana be facing off against a threat not unlike what happened with the National Treasure plot?

Spectacular Member

Solo - 2015

Wolverine - 2017

Iron Man - 2019

James Bond -2021

I'm noticing a trend. And the new Indy movie comes out on 2023. Pray, people.

Quote Originally Posted by FBarnhill View Post
    Solo - 2015

Wolverine - 2017

Iron Man - 2019

James Bond -2021

I'm noticing a trend.
    I'm not.

What am I supposed to be seeing here?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I'm not.

What am I supposed to be seeing here?
    Those are the years the characters died in the movies. Of course it is nothing but coincidence.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

James Bond died?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    James Bond died?
    It is with much sadness that I regret to inform you that yes, a version did indeed die. I have no words to express my most sincere condolences. See: https://www.esquire.com/uk/culture/a...mes-bond-dead/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Time_to_Die
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-08-2022 at 07:37 AM.

James Bond died?
    That never happened to the other fella!

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    That never happened to the other fella!

...it was funny though. lol

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    It is with much sadness that I regret to inform you that yes, a version did indeed die. I have no words to express my most sincere condolences. See: https://www.esquire.com/uk/culture/a...mes-bond-dead/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Time_to_Die
    I haven't seen a Bond film since Skyfall. I think I'm behind by two films.

Didn't realize how much catch up I needed. Gotta be ready to know how the death retcon happens. Who knew Bond was actually going to regenerate into Dr. Who?!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I haven't seen a Bond film since Skyfall. I think I'm behind by two films.

Didn't realize how much catch up I needed. Gotta be ready to know how the death retcon happens. Who knew Bond was actually going to regenerate into Dr. Who?!
    I don't think they'll do a retcon, just another reboot and I'm cool with that.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!