Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

I could accept Bond just walking out of the ocean unscathed in the next movie, saying hi to some hot model type, calling M and carrying on right where he left off. No Time to Die was a dog of a movie anyhow.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I could accept Bond just walking out of the ocean unscathed in the next movie, saying hi to some hot model type, calling M and carrying on right where he left off. No Time to Die was a dog of a movie anyhow.
    Played by the new actor saying "Wow that was crazy! Anyway..."

That sort of happened in the novel versions of YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE and MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN. Also Fleming debated killing off Bond in FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE, where Bond actually is hit by the poison shoe!
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I haven't seen a Bond film since Skyfall. I think I'm behind by two films.

Didn't realize how much catch up I needed. Gotta be ready to know how the death retcon happens. Who knew Bond was actually going to regenerate into Dr. Who?!
    The last two films basically re-introduce SPECTRE, except this version is run by a Blofeld who is Bond's foster brother. It's revealed that he's basically been behind the plots of the earlier Craig films (With Quantum/Mr. White as his proxy). Bond also falls in love with Mr. White's daughter.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Played by the new actor saying "Wow that was crazy! Anyway..."
    I love what they did on She- Hulk when Hulk said "I'm a different person now".

Think another main difference is that why Bond makes it easier to change actors is that with the exception of the Craig films they're kind of a bit like Marvel's comics in that there's sort of a sliding timescale for the most part.

It's actually kind of believable that it's the same agent with Connery and Moore as they were they were roughly the same age and had the same supporting cast for the most part.

Then Living Daylights happens and suddenly Bond and Moneypenny are young again and everybody else is the same. Ditto with Brosnan. But they were still in the same continuity (Dalton's second film, for example, is tied to the earlier ones with Felix Leiter and a mention of Bond's late wife).

But Indy is pretty much "fixed" as taking place in the mid-30s to presumably the late 60s. Any "younger Indy" movie/reboot would presumably have to take place around that time.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Think another main difference is that why Bond makes it easier to change actors is that with the exception of the Craig films they're kind of a bit like Marvel's comics in that there's sort of a sliding timescale for the most part.

It's actually kind of believable that it's the same agent with Connery and Moore as they were they were roughly the same age and had the same supporting cast for the most part.

Then Living Daylights happens and suddenly Bond and Moneypenny are young again and everybody else is the same. Ditto with Brosnan. But they were still in the same continuity (Dalton's second film, for example, is tied to the earlier ones with Felix Leiter and a mention of Bond's late wife).

But Indy is pretty much "fixed" as taking place in the mid-30s to presumably the late 60s. Any "younger Indy" movie/reboot would presumably have to take place around that time.
    Funny story Dalton was actually contacted for the Bond role before Moore but turned it down believing himself to be too young at the time.

The rumor is that they are generally looking for an actor under 40, which makes sense. As good as Elba would be, I don't think the producers necessarily want another situation where the actor grows too old for the role (Which happened with Moore, and seemed to almost happen with Brosnan and Craig). Elba probably wouldn't start filming the new one until he would be as old as Craig is now.

That being said he would be great as M or a villain.

Personally, I was thinking, have a scene in a hotel room where Bond is sleeping with a beautiful women (or possibly multiple women) and he gets a phone call from M saying "Bond, we let you pretend to be dead long enough. Vacation is over. We have an assignment for you."

Getting back to Indy, there are fan theories that Helena (Pheobe's character) might be the daughter of Marion from her first marriage to Colin Williams (and Mutt's half-sister). She's slightly younger than Lebouf so it's possible she was born before Colin was killed. She just wasn't mentioned in KOTCS. Marion didn't tell him about Mutt for years so a stepdaughter isn't that far off.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 09-09-2022 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Personally, I was thinking, have a scene in a hotel room where Bond is sleeping with a beautiful women (or possibly multiple women) and he gets a phone call from M saying "Bond, we let you pretend to be dead long enough. Vacation is over. We have an assignment for you."
    Put this man in charge right away!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

concept Stuff from D23 is showing up, shows Indy in a Medieval-looking tomb and an OCTOPUSSY-esque taxi chase, as well as sketches of Helena and a character who looks a lot like Toht.

Put this man in charge right away!
    It's kind of is the opening to You Only Live Twice. Bond is in bed with a woman she sends a signal for gunmen to come in and kill him and he's declared dead only to be shuttled to a sub and shown alive after his "funeral" at sea.

Is the plot still rumored to involve time travel?

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Is the plot still rumored to involve time travel?
    Yeah, so I've heard....
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."