Default If and when a Firestorm book returns....

...please bring back Gehenna. And have Mikhail around in some capacity, assuming the pre-Flashpoint history is restored.

That's all, not asking for much.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

I seriously wonder what they're going to do with Firestorm.

I think Ronnie is still Firestorm but he's been pretty much MIA aside from a cameo in a one-off comic.

Nothing really came out of him being on that Rebirth splash page. Killer Frost has arguably gotten a bigger push then he has (and she's one of his villains ).

Tell us a little more about why Gehenna matters so much to you?

I'm a bit old school. *MY* Firestorm is Ostrander's Fire Elemental. There's a lot that's been added in more recent years, so I'm curious what Gehenna means and offers *YOUR* Firestorm.

I was a fan back when it was Jason Rusch. I liked the character at this point more than any other version.

One thing that was never clear throughout all the Firestorms was the power levels. It's like there was nothing he wasn't capable of. And if that's the case, how could you write that? He could pretty much turn anything into anything.

I just remember wanting a more streamlined and defined explanation of his abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    I was a fan back when it was Jason Rusch. I liked the character at this point more than any other version.

One thing that was never clear throughout all the Firestorms was the power levels. It's like there was nothing he wasn't capable of. And if that's the case, how could you write that? He could pretty much turn anything into anything.

I just remember wanting a more streamlined and defined explanation of his abilities.
    On the other hand, his powers can be really dynamic and cool when utilized well, such as in Justice League Action .

Didn't Gerry Conway basically restore the original status quo of "Ronnie + Martin = Firestorm" while writing Jason completely out of the Firestorm matrix? Unless somebody decides to completely jettison that, it's highly unlikely Gehenna will ever be seen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Didn't Gerry Conway basically restore the original status quo of "Ronnie + Martin = Firestorm" while writing Jason completely out of the Firestorm matrix? Unless somebody decides to completely jettison that, it's highly unlikely Gehenna will ever be seen again.
    At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they just make Jason Firestorm again or just bring in Jax from the Arrowverse.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post

I'm a bit old school. *MY* Firestorm is Ostrander's Fire Elemental. There's a lot that's been added in more recent years, so I'm curious what Gehenna means and offers *YOUR* Firestorm.
    I LOVED the elemental era. Looked forward to every issue.

I just like the character, her origin, the powerset, and I have a soft spot for innocent characters who die while completely helpless to defend themselves. I dunno, a cool character who died and I felt bad for her.
    Last edited by Montressor; 04-06-2018 at 02:32 PM.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I am one of the few who actually liked the Nu52 series where it was Jason and Ronnie. I wish they had kept them linked instead of brining back Stein. I always thought it would have been interesting if each time Ronnie and Jason merged they never knew who was going to be in the drivers seat. One time it would be Jason and the next Ronnie.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I am one of the few who actually liked the Nu52 series where it was Jason and Ronnie. I wish they had kept them linked instead of brining back Stein. I always thought it would have been interesting if each time Ronnie and Jason merged they never knew who was going to be in the drivers seat. One time it would be Jason and the next Ronnie.
    I feel like between the Arrowverse, Injustice, and JLA, they've basically made Stein even more of an essential half of Firestorm then he was originally.

Even if Firestorm comes back and it's not Ronnie, I expect Stein will still be part of the Firestorm Matrix.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I seriously wonder what they're going to do with Firestorm.
    A short run / mini-series once every 10 or so years to maintain the IP?

That's about all I can imagine DC does with Firestorm post-Arrowverse. Which is a shame. He was really *the* up-and-coming DC solo character of the early/mid 80s.

Mighty Member

Firestorm is one of my favorite characters ever. It sucks that I probably won't see him again.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I absolutely LOVED the Jason-era of the character. Before then, the only stories I had really read were the back-up stories in the Flash. (Thanks DC implosion)
    I always loved the look of the character but found the stories kinda bland.
    I would be happy to see Jason/Stein/Ronnie return!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Even this would be nice to see done. It seems that Firestorm would have been a great addition to Justice League Oddessy.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post

I'm currently wrapping up a re-read of the this Firestorm series and Ostrander's run is as great as I remembered it. I'm not a big fan of the Fire Elemental take on the character, though--I'd much prefer Martin/Ronnie. That said, Ostrander's Firestorm remains an all-time favorite run of mine.