Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Hmmmm....................

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Anyone on the fence about the upcoming Cates/Stegman Venom run should check out this interview. From what's said, and what I've heard in other interviews, it looks like it's going to be amazing:
    http://www.thevenomsite.com/2018/04/...isode-009.html

Beyond that, possibily Amazing Spider-Man, Avengers, Black Panther, and Captain America.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

I asked Cates about his take on Lemire's Sentry.

His response was:

https://twitter.com/Doncates/status/974541813821272067

Quote Originally Posted by tendrin View Post
    i asked cates about his take on lemire's sentry.

His response was:

https://twitter.com/doncates/status/974541813821272067

nice!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    nice!!!!!!!
    Well it's not like he was gonna knock it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Tamaki's a great writer. But she really doesn't do traditional superhero stories, or at least, her Hulk/She-Hulk was not a traditional superhero story. So your tolerance for that is going to be a big factor in how much you'll enjoy her Laura Kinney comic. On the other hand, Laura's a character who's got a history of comics that aren't traditional superhero stories, too. The Marjorie Liu X-23 run was very different. (And let's not forget NYX. No, really, let's not forget it, it was a great comic.) So hopefully, people will be more willing to accept her approach to Laura than they were her approach to Jen. (Personally, I loved her Hulk/She-Hulk run. I enjoy non-traditional superhero comics.)

We'll have to see what actually comes out. I'm actually more worried about whether recent character development and supporting cast members will be undone/written out than if the series has a "traditional" structure.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    We'll have to see what actually comes out. I'm actually more worried about whether recent character development and supporting cast members will be undone/written out than if the series has a "traditional" structure.
    Yeah, that's where the caution in my "cautiously optimistic" comes from, too. Laura's character arc over the past 15 years has been excellent, and it would suck so much if Marvel just decided, "nah, screw that noise, put her back the way she used to be." I want Gabby and Jonathan to remain a part of her book. I want her to continue being a character who's overcome her dark past and become a more positive person.

I dread the day Marvel decides to make her susceptible to the trigger scent again.

1) Black Panther. Acuna's art in the BP annual was gorgeous and fitted him like a glove.
    2) Avengers
    3) Thor
    4) Iron man
    5) Doctor Strange

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I dread the day Marvel decides to make her susceptible to the trigger scent again.
    It will probably happen. Bruce Banner has full control of the Hulk one year, no control the next. Hawkeye is a leader of a group, next year he has no leadership qualities and lost in life. Peter Parker has it together, next year he's broke. Moon Knight has it together, next year he's full on schizo.

When the original Wolverine comes back how many stories are we going to see where he's fighting his animal instincts to kill?

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    It will probably happen. Bruce Banner has full control of the Hulk one year, no control the next. Hawkeye is a leader of a group, next year he has no leadership qualities and lost in life. Peter Parker has it together, next year he's broke. Moon Knight has it together, next year he's full on schizo.

When the original Wolverine comes back how many stories are we going to see where he's fighting his animal instincts to kill?
    The trick is to try to find something new for the character to take on whether you're talking about things like Grayson which revitalised Nightwing, TIm Drake's jealousy of Damian Wayne or Spider-Man's marriage all of which brought a whole new set of challenges for their characters. You just need to think of something that will give the character new life while still remaining in character.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post

And you've summed up my problem with so many of the older characters. How many times does Johnny Torch have to prove he's not just a reckless kid? Every run of Fantastic Four gives him that character arc, so why exactly am I supposed to care about it any more? And I hate the idea of Laura falling into that trap, where writers decide to just keep rehashing the same stories, over and over, when we've already had them. Like, we've had the story of Laura overcoming the trigger scent, we don't need it to be told again in two years, and then again four years after that, and then another two years after that, and then five years after that, and then again the following year. We can just . . . let her not have to deal with the trigger scent ever again, because she's managed to overcome it.

http://waitingforthet.tumblr.com/ is always relevant:

What I hope from Tamaki's X-23 is Laura remembering her friends from before she turned into a big name character.
    As in, not ignoring Hellion until you need somebody to die in an alternate future. This kind of thing is often a deal breaker for me.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    What I hope from Tamaki's X-23 is Laura remembering her friends from before she turned into a big name character.
    As in, not ignoring Hellion until you need somebody to die in an alternate future. This kind of thing is often a deal breaker for me.
    This reads like as though Laura became a big name celebrity who forgot all who helped her. I don't know whether it's the editor's fault or the writer's fault but they really should stop this weirdness.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    1) Black Panther. Acuna's art in the BP annual was gorgeous and fitted him like a glove.
    Which story did Acuna do in the Annual?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

Unfortunately Fantastic Four is the only title so far thats grabbing my attention. That being said I'm really excited that the Fantastic Four are back, hope its good.
    My pull list: Sonic the Hedgehog, TMNT, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Marauders, X-men, Excalibur