Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Bullets can't harm her because they shall not. She is a Goddess. Literally. Isn't her father Zeus? Either she shall be bulletproof or shall be really fast. Even both. I don't think Flash wears a bulletproof costume. But he is never in danger of bullets.

I have not read the concerned issue. But it sounds lame. The bullet wasn't even meant for her. It was a bounced bullet. How could it hit her when she can stop a spray of bullets?

I can see where you are coming from. But bullets shall not be a danger to Diana. They aren't dangerous even to Batman. I don't think he wears a bullet proof costume.

The theory is, if WW doesn't see the bullets coming, she can't block it.
    she's been shot multiple times since rebirth, seems the theory is a fact. It's CANON.
    We don't have to discuss whether a bullet harm her. It's just a FACT now, bullets CAN harm her.
    A bullet from behind could easily kill her

BANNED

If the writer decides a bullet will harm her then a bullet will harm her, even if she's wearing superdeluxe head to toe Nth metal power armour.

The reverse is also true even if she wears a bikini.

Superheroes never get shot unless the writer decides to make point of it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    If the writer decides a bullet will harm her then a bullet will harm her, even if she's wearing superdeluxe head to toe Nth metal power armour.

The reverse is also true even if she wears a bikini.

Superheroes never get shot unless the writer decides to make point of it.
    Not exactly, a bullet won't harm Superman.
    Superman shot dead by a NORMAL bullet bounced off wall? This would NEVER happen.
    So if a writer wants a bullet to hurt Superman, a Kryptonite is needed. (or a magical bullet)

If a writer wants a bullet to harm bulletproof-WW, he'll need a high-tech gun or something. Then it's above Street-Level. It's about bottom line.
    At least she won't be killed by a normal bullet bounced off Superman's chest.
    Last edited by anarki; 04-09-2018 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anarki View Post
    The theory is, if WW doesn't see the bullets coming, she can't block it.
    she's been shot multiple times since rebirth, seems the theory is a fact. It's CANON.
    We don't have to discuss whether a bullet harm her. It's just a FACT now, bullets CAN harm her.
    A bullet from behind could easily kill her
    Bullets can harm Flash too if he can't see them. Bullets can harm Batman too if he can't see them. That's the way it is. It can't harm Superman. It can't harm Green Lantern when he has the force field. That's the way. Some heroes are bulletproof. Some aren't.

Diana shall be so effective that her bracelets or swords shall do the same job as the shield of Green Lantern. And Batman shall be so fast that it would be difficult to hit him with a bullet. And if he is hit, it shall not be life threatening. Look at how he is fighting. As if bullets have barely slowed him down. The members of the Justice League shall be like that. As effective against bullets as each other, whether their skin bounce them off (Superman) or don't (Batman). Wonder Woman has been effective against bullets as her peers for decades, without a bullet proof costume.

That is for the weak. How will that look beside Batman or Flash? They aren't wearing bullet proof costumes. But Diana will. It will make her look unequal to them in my eyes. Others may think differently.

Edit: And finally, i have no idea what is the thing with Diana. A bomb is similar to a bullet. But somehow she can survive a bomb on her face but can't take a bullet. I seem to remember her surviving a bomb blast fairly recently. It was just after Greg Rucka's run ended.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 04-09-2018 at 07:05 AM.

Spectacular Member

Bullets can harm Flash too if he can't see them. Bullets can harm Batman too if he can't see them. That's the way it is. It can't harm Superman. It can't harm Green Lantern when he has the force field. That's the way. Some heroes are bulletproof. Some aren't.

Diana shall be so effective that her bracelets or swords shall do the same job as the shield of Green Lantern. And Batman shall be so fast that it would be difficult to hit him with a bullet. And if he is hit, it shall not be life threatening. Look at how he is fighting. As if bullets have barely slowed him down. The members of the Justice League shall be like that. As effective against bullets as each other, whether their skin bounce them off (Superman) or don't (Green Lantern). Wonder Woman has been effective against bullets as her peers for decades, without a bullet proof costume.

That is for the weak. How will that look beside Batman or Flash? They aren't wearing bullet proof costumes. But Diana will. It will make her look unequal to them in my eyes. Others may think differently.

Edit: And finally, i have no idea what is the thing with Diana. A bomb is similar to a bullet. But somehow she can survive a bomb on her face but can't take a bullet. I seem to remember her surviving a bomb blast fairly recently. It was just after Greg Rucka's run ended.
    As I have stated. I'm not arguing you about whether WW should be harmed by bullets.
    It's DC who has decided WW should be harmed by bullets--if she doesn't see a bullet coming, she'll get hit.
    It's CANON now, as WW was shot in several titles, multiple times now since Rebirth. (And I see no reason it won't happen again, and again)
    As you said, Batman or Flash won't be harmed by bullets even they can't see them(I don't know if it's true), then it means WW is weaker than them, to some extent
    It's DC who decides, not you or me.
    Last edited by anarki; 04-09-2018 at 07:25 AM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I'd just like to say that I really like the idea of Diana's costume being white and gold and Donna's being black and silver. It's a really nice dichotomy.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

As I have stated. I'm not arguing you about whether WW should be harmed by bullets.
    It's DC who has decided WW should be harmed by bullets--if she doesn't see a bullet coming, she'll get hit.
    It's CANON now, as WW was shot in several titles, multiple times now since Rebirth.
    It's DC who decides, not you or me.
    I just don't get why they are hitting her with bullets so many times recently. Metal had that too. Bullets never seem to touch Batman, who is a mere human being. But Wonder Woman is hit? And not only hit, it becomes life threatening.

Say i shoot the head of Diana with a bullet, it shall not penetrate her skull. Her bones shall be tougher then ordinary humans. (Similarly, her internal organs shall be tougher) Or else it seems nonsensical that she can punch the likes of Darkseid and lift those huge weights. In this way she can be hurt by bullets. But it won't be life threatening. Writers and editors shall use their brains. The reason why she is hurt by bullets now is to explain why she has those bracelets. There's no other reason. Or else someone who can go toe to toe with Superman does not need those bracelets.

Its one of those inconsistencies in DC universe. Wonder Woman was not supposed to be in the same story as Superman. Neither Batman nor Justice League. But since she is they have to work around it.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 04-09-2018 at 07:32 AM.

Spectacular Member

I just don't get why they are hitting her with bullets so many times recently. Metal had that too. Bullets never seem to touch Batman, who is a mere human being. But Wonder Woman is hit? And not only hit, it becomes life threatening.

Say i shoot the head of Diana with a bullet, it shall not penetrate her skull. Her bones shall be tougher then ordinary humans. Similarly, her internal organs shall be tougher. Or else it seems nonsensical that she can punch the likes of Darkseid and lift those huge weights. In this way she can be hurt by bullets. But it won't be life threatening. Writers and editors shall use their brains. The reason why she is hurt by bullets now is to explain why she has those bracelets. There's no other reason. Or else someone who can go toe to toe with Superman does not need those bracelets.

Its one of those inconsistencies in DC universe. Wonder Woman was not supposed to be in the same story as Superman. Neither Batman nor Justice League.
    Hmm, I don't get why either, that's why I made this thread. Either make her bulletproof, or just don't let a normal bullet hit her,
    should be at least a high-tech bullet or magical if the writers are so eager to shoot her with a gun.
    seems Gaelforce the moderater understood me instantly,

We had a good talk anyway
    Last edited by anarki; 04-09-2018 at 07:42 AM.

Hmm, I don't get why either, that's why I made this thread. Either make her bulletproof, or just don't let a normal bullet hit her,
    should be at least a high-tech bullet or magical if the writers are so eager to shoot her with a gun.
    seems Gaelforce the moderater understood me instantly,

We had a good talk anyway
    Nice talking to you too.

I love these kinds of discussions.

I agree with you absolutely. Its so lame that a bullet, an ordinary bullet which has bounced off Superman (and bounced off bullets are slower) is giving a life threatening injury to Wonder Woman. Either, make her bulletproof. Or don't let a bullet hit her.

And if you really are making her hit by a bullet, it shall be magical or has some special technology. And if its an ordinary bullet you want to hit her with it shall not be life threatening.

Now i like this idea. This came up because you made me think. Thank you. Since she has those bracelets and stopping bullets by her bracelets is such an iconic image, one can make it such that she can he hurt. Her skin won't be bullet proof. But her bones and internal organs shall be bulletproof. Or why does she use those bracelets to stop bullets. Yet, do all the things which Superman can do?

Alas, even this can't solve her immunity to so many pressures. Explosions, super-powered punches, punching through walls, etc. Her skin has to be tougher then normal people.

Or is this the reason?

A normal bullet just gives her small cuts. The easiest way to example why she still deflects them is to disengage her enemies and defend people around her. She is also trained to deflect them

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I'd just like to say that I really like the idea of Diana's costume being white and gold and Donna's being black and silver. It's a really nice dichotomy.
    I agree! It doesn't have to be her costume in all comic book appearances, but an alternate white and gold costume, perhaps for when she's joining the Justice League in battle, would be nice to see.

And, if she's now vulnerable to bullets which she can't see coming (because she's also apparently lost her super-reflexes, super-speed and super-senses), then it would make sense for that uniform to be bulletproof.

Amazing Member

Going back to the OP and the proposal there, Wonder Woman is a superhero and a comic character. It's about 'suspension of disbelief', and 'practical' does not enter into it. WW's costume has always been red and blue with eagle and stars, and lots of bare skin. That's her iconic look. I don't care too much if she wears a skirt or shorts, but the OP's design makes her look like a Batgirl clone, and no longer like Wonder Woman.

If you talk about 'practical', then the heels need to go. If you talk about 'practical' - anyone who has ever worn body armor knows that kevlar is stiff. You can't wear kevlar (in bullet-proof thickness) over any joints, and still be mobile (meaning, Batman's costume does not work). If you talk about 'practical' - if her armor is inspired by (or directly lifted from) her ancient Greek roots, why are her shoulders unprotected? In swordfighting, shoulders are a good target. (This is one thing that the Finch costume got right!) And so on, ad nauseam.

I don't think she needs a 'practical' costume. She needs an editor who lays down a set of rules that _all_ authors have to follow. She needs the same respect from the publishers that the other members of the 'trinity' get. I don't think anyone in DC would get away with changing Batman's origin story - like they did with WW. Nobody would get away with randomly reducing Superman's strength or invulnerability - like they do with WW all the time.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Hmm, no she doesn’t. She just needs to be bulletproof, period.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by hgzip View Post
    She needs an editor who lays down a set of rules that _all_ authors have to follow.
    I doubt this will EVER happen. Unrealistic.

Writers would never write Superman shot dead by a NORMAL bullet, Not because there's a rule.
    It's because everybody in the world knows he's bulletproof including the writers.
    Writers will need a Kryptonite or a magic bullet if they really want to hurt Superman with a gun. Bulletproof prevents writers from being lazy.

But WW is different. She is one of the most inconsistent characters of DC.
    Seems even DC itself hasn't decided how powerful(or weak) she should be, let alone the writers. so there won't be any rule.
    With more and more stories in which she's shot by bullets, now it's becoming a FACT--If WW doesn't see a bullet coming, she'll get shot. even it's from a mortal with a gun.

Maybe DC has finally decided WW's power level.
    If there will be a set of rules, I won't surprise it's one of the rules--that she can be shot dead by an ordinary man from behind.

I can see there will be more and more stories like this in the future. (shot by a nobody)
    There aren't many people against it, instead, most readers seem OK with it, and these stories got high scores from reviewers.
    So DC will happily make this weakness canon (a bullet from behind).
    Last edited by anarki; 04-10-2018 at 06:14 AM.