Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

To be quite frank with how her costume now resembles armour it should offer some level of protection.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

I guess we're all forgetting her indestructible bracelets.... Oh wait, it's the writers that keep effing that up....

Incredible Member

I don’t see why Wonder Woman’s costume can’t offer more coverage and protection. As a minimum, surely it could be more like the costumes worn by Hippolyta, Menalippe and Venelia in the movies. I personally don’t see why it couldn’t go even further and be closer to the Lady Sir costume, minus the high, wedge heels.

Or, if Diana is going to run around in an armoured, strapless negligee - either make her extremely durable or fast and competent enough to block bullets.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    I don’t see why Wonder Woman’s costume can’t offer more coverage and protection. As a minimum, surely it could be more like the costumes worn by Hippolyta, Menalippe and Venelia in the movies. I personally don’t see why it couldn’t go even further and be closer to the Lady Sir costume, minus the high, wedge heels.

Or, if Diana is going to run around in an armoured, strapless negligee - either make her extremely durable or fast and competent enough to block bullets.
    Lady sir costume bulletproof? If not, what's the difference?
    And what about head/neck? She was shot in the neck in JL#41, dying.
    Lady sir costume --still impractical -- or even LESS practical as WW is wearing armor currently, just not full armor
    Last edited by anarki; 04-07-2018 at 03:31 AM.

Fantastic Member

I like Justice League War Wonder Woman outfit.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The problem with Diana's redesigns is that they are often too complicated, even the current one which is so made for movies ( as movies costume need texture to work unlike comic book costume that are the opposite ). It's a lot of colors and materials put together which is way too complicated. A child could easily be able to draw a Batman or Superman and have it be easy to see it's the heroes because they have simple symbols or color scheme, anyone can draw them and I think that helps to make their costume iconic.

To me, that should be the main focus. Wonder Woman needs a costume that is iconic and simple as well as being practical ( and a cape or something close would be nice, to really make her in the trinity ) though don't kid yourself, if the writers want her to be shot, she will be shot despite how practical her costume is

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Heavunion View Post
    The problem with Diana's redesigns is that they are often too complicated, even the current one which is so made for movies ( as movies costume need texture to work unlike comic book costume that are the opposite ). It's a lot of colors and materials put together which is way too complicated. A child could easily be able to draw a Batman or Superman and have it be easy to see it's the heroes because they have simple symbols or color scheme, anyone can draw them and I think that helps to make their costume iconic.

To me, that should be the main focus. Wonder Woman needs a costume that is iconic and simple as well as being practical ( and a cape or something close would be nice, to really make her in the trinity ) though don't kid yourself, if the writers want her to be shot, she will be shot despite how practical her costume is
    Maybe, but not by a bullet bounced off Superman's chest. it's about bottom line.

btw being shot by writers is one thing, making preparations is another thing.
    WW should treasure her own life, if she's so easily hurt
    Last edited by anarki; 04-07-2018 at 05:17 AM.

Yea it’s the fact writers move to make Dina weaker. I let’s also note the fact her power levels can go up and down but now priest wants to make her not powerful. We need a balance.

Who cares about practicability when she has superhuman reflections and speed, virtually indescribable bracelets and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Troian View Post
    Who cares about practicability when she has superhuman reflections and speed, virtually indescribable bracelets and all that.
    Which would be great if writers paid that any attention, but twice in the past year she has been shot by a sniper. It's getting tiresome to watch other heroes that didn't used to be bulletproof bounce automatic fire like it's nothing anymore, including normal humans.

I would much prefer the Diana from the movies, who is blocking shots from behind her without turning around, or blind Diana who blocks bullets by the movement of the air, but it seems that Diana isn't around much anymore

The Finches New 52 run was bad imo, but I didn't mind the costume they made for her (aside from the armblades)

She needs no armor. She is not bulletproof. But still nothing can harm her.

I love the Batman costume of the 70s.

He is dressed in his pajamas. But still you can't do anything to him. A room full of goons with guns in hand. And they still can't touch him. Its highly impractical. But impractical does not bother me. She shall be really fast.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 04-09-2018 at 01:16 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    She needs no armor. She is not bulletproof. But still nothing can harm her.

I love the Batman costume of the 70s.

He is dressed in his pajamas. But still you can't do anything to him. A room full of goons with guns in hand. And they still can't touch him. Its highly impractical. But impractical does not bother me. She shall be really fast.
    Why do you think so? She was shot dead(almost) by a bullet bounced off Superman's chest last month.
    And she has been shot multiple times since Rebirth.

A bullets can't harm her? Of course it can. and very easily.
    A bullet from behind, and she's dead.
    Last edited by anarki; 04-09-2018 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anarki View Post
    Why do you think so? She was shot dead(almost) by a bullet bounced off Superman's chest last month.
    A bullets can't harm her? Of course it can. and very easily.
    Bullets can't harm her because they shall not. She is a Goddess. Literally. Isn't her father Zeus? Either she shall be bulletproof or shall be really fast. Even both. I don't think Flash wears a bulletproof costume. But he is never in danger of bullets.

I have not read the concerned issue. But it sounds lame. The bullet wasn't even meant for her. It was a bounced bullet. How could it hit her when she can stop a spray of bullets?

I can see where you are coming from. But bullets shall not be a danger to Diana. They aren't dangerous even to Batman. I don't think he wears a bullet proof costume.

Last edited by Soubhagya; 04-09-2018 at 02:26 AM.