Thread: The Phantom

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Default The Phantom

Is there an American comic company that has the rights to the Phantom and publishing a comic book of the Phantom
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Last one I recall was The Last Phantom written by Scott Beatty and published by Dynamite in 2011-2012.

I enjoyed it. Haven't seen anything recently.

Moonstone published a 6-issue mini a couple of years ago by Peter David.

Dynamite have also published various related King minis over the last few years which stare Lothar and a new female character (whos name escapes me) that both take up the mantle after Kit dies without leaving an heir. - Kings Watch, Cross, Quest etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Moonstone published a 6-issue mini a couple of years ago by Peter David.
    Actually, the series written by Peter David was published by Hermes Press, not Moonstone. (The only thing the GCD listings have for Peter David writing a comic book for Moonstone are Kolchak Tales: Black & White & Read All Over back in 2005.)
    Moonstone's books with The Phantom appear to have most recently written by guys like Martin Powell or Mike Bullock (again according to the GCD).

Astonishing Member

Dynamite's most recent Phantom mini-series (insofar as I recall) was a 4-part called King: the Phantom in 2015. This was a sequel to the 5-part King's Watch in 2013, which teamed Phantom, Mandrake, and Flash Gordon.

The cover of the latest issue of the Swedish issue of Fantomen (as The Phantom is called here): the Phantom defends a pride parade in Poland against ultranationalists and homophobes.

fantomen-890x667.jpg